PDA

View Full Version : Ever found "The One"?

Eichan
April 15th, 2015, 10:31 PM
You know.

That one product/method/whatever that is worth its weight in gold to your hair?

I'm pretty sure I just found "the one" for me :)
It's that butter bar for hair from CV,

But I wonder what y'all have found to work great on YOUR hair!!!

Bossa Nova
April 16th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Ed's acrylics :) The few I have so far are indispensable to me now.

And my Hercules Sägemann Magic Star. It's so huge I giggled when I opened the package after buying it but if you use it carefully it works fabulously for my type of hair (which is thick, wavy/curly and tangles easily).

As for holy grail products to wash and condition my hair, the search goes on and on. And on... Currently I'm trying different conditioner mixes, adding oil and herbs like cat nip to my conditioner. Haven't made an even close to the perfect concoction yet though.

Bossa Nova
April 16th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Ed's acrylics :) The few I have so far are indispensable to me now.

And my Hercules Sägemann Magic Star. It's so huge I giggled when I opened the package after buying it but if you use it carefully it works fabulously for my type of hair (which is thick, wavy/curly and tangles easily).

As for holy grail products to wash and condition my hair, the search goes on and on. And on... Currently I'm trying different conditioner mixes, adding oil and herbs like cat nip to my conditioner. Haven't made an even close to the perfect concoction yet though.

tigress86
April 16th, 2015, 03:46 AM
There is this serum with argan oil and cones that is my absolute favorite and I will never stop using it. I change other products all the time, but this serum I'm keeping stocked. I've tried several other argan oil serums but this I like the most, it is very light and smells heavenly. I would probably keep it for the smell only, lol :D

YvetteVarie
April 16th, 2015, 03:53 AM
Mine is castor oil. I know its too heavy for most here, but it works great for my thick, hypercurly hair. I can mix in with my conditioner, use it to detangle, use it after washing my hair, and also for scalp massages and regrowing my hair line. Absolute miracle in a bottle

spirals
April 16th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Just oil in general. It helps with detangling. It makes my hair shine, and curly hair simply does not shine on it's own. I never would've thought to use any kind of oil before LHC.

FuzzyBlackWaves
April 16th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Coconut oil. :) It makes my hair so much softer and shinier than anything else I've ever tried.

Safira
April 16th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Not "the one", but "these ones". I don't use humectants, or leave-ins. I use cassia, high-core protein treatments and humectant-free conditioners. I use pre-oil, mostly coconut. These work for me.

Hurven
April 16th, 2015, 04:19 AM
Sculpting spray for curly hair from Yves Rocher. I absolutely love what it does to my waves! :o Before I started using it, my hair barely had any definition at all.

Nesoi
April 16th, 2015, 04:39 AM
My Artemis hair fork from Ravenslair. I use it ALL the time. It's comfortable, light, doesn't pull, hold very securely. I love it!!

Lolino
April 16th, 2015, 04:52 AM
There is this serum with argan oil and cones that is my absolute favorite and I will never stop using it. I change other products all the time, but this serum I'm keeping stocked. I've tried several other argan oil serums but this I like the most, it is very light and smells heavenly. I would probably keep it for the smell only, lol :D

I also have an argan oil serum/treatment I adore! My mother bought it at h&m (I think) for me on a whim, but oh god. My hair loves it, and it smells amazing. And it lasts an eternity, for such a tiny bottle, while costing something like 5 euros. I usually avoid cones, but I'm not sure I can abandon this one.

My other The One so far, is my shampoo and conditioner, Dr Organic pomegranate. My hair is so happy with them! The coconut one ended up being a bit too heavy for me, but this one is just right. Such a shame it comes in such small bottles for the price I pay. But I use much less shampoo these days, and it's often on 2 for 1 sale, so they both last a good while.

momschicklets
April 16th, 2015, 05:50 AM
Sculpting spray for curly hair from Yves Rocher. I absolutely love what it does to my waves! :o Before I started using it, my hair barely had any definition at all.

Might you have a link for this product?? I'm intrigued....

lazuliblue
April 16th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Coconut oil and hairsticks!

Hurven
April 16th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Might you have a link for this product?? I'm intrigued....

http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/control/product/~category_id=5000/~product_id=67597/

I order it from the Swedish website, because I live in Sweden. But that's the product, and I'm pretty sure you should be able to find it in your country. :)

lapushka
April 16th, 2015, 06:36 AM
The Herbal Essences Hello Hydration is one of my holy grail detangling conditioners! Awesome stuff! Too bad we can only get 200ml bottles of it, it's gone in half a second. :lol:

restless
April 16th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Coconut oil. :) It makes my hair so much softer and shinier than anything else I've ever tried.

This.

Ive tried other oils too, but I keep coming back to coconut oil every time.

StellaKatherine
April 16th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Coconut oil... made me open my eyes and finally see how my hair can look like :D

Arctic
April 16th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Finnish XZ brand shampoo Chocolate Vanilla (Suklaa Vanilja). It has an active ingredient called piroctone olamine and it really changed my life! It healed my decades long problem scalp (dandruff) and my scalp is really quite healthy now. It also has not lost its effectiveness at all over the years.

JellyBene
April 16th, 2015, 07:16 AM
I love the shampoos and leave in conditioners from the etsy shop Toadstoolsoaps. So many awesome scents to choose from and they all have such simple ingredients. They make my hair look great in general. I love trying out new products and occasionally branch out but I always end up back with Toadstoolsoaps. The other one for me is definitely henna, it gives my very fine dull hair such vibrancy.

MINAKO
April 16th, 2015, 07:20 AM
For me its more like a trinity of CO washing, Bunning and Keratin Treatments. Also i highly appreciate my oils, but i dont think there is one single specific product i couldn't do without.

lapushka
April 16th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Oh, now we're discussing oils... of course: mineral oil. Sooo nice! Everything I love is in my signature.

Yarrow
April 16th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Cocoa butter, I guess

gustavonut
April 16th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Like almost everybody else: coconut oil. VERY VERY gentle detangling. I also second the Hello Hydration conditioner; smells magical and does the job!
And smts. Never forget the smts. :happydance:

endlessly
April 16th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Yes...and then no.

I swore I found my holy grail products a few years ago when I was using the "Macadamia Natural Oils" haircare line...but not so much. It worked so well when I first started using it, but I was having so many issues with excess residue on my scalp and my hair just generally feeling "icky" that I had to stop using the line. And, what do you know, all of my scalp and hair issues suddenly stopped.

Now, I'm using products from Lush and I've definitely had my fair share of hits and misses, but for the most part, the products have done wonders for my hair. I would say now that my true holy grail or "the one" would be their hair moisturizer, R&B. My hair absolutely loves it! I use maybe a dime-sized amount after washing my hair, air dry, and my tangles just kind of magically disappear. Plus, it smells like fresh-squeezed tropical fruit juices, so that's a bonus, too. My current favorite shampoo and the one that seems to extend my washes the most is the "Karma" solid shampoo bar, but I tend to change shampoos so frequently that I really can't even say that's "the one" perfect product for me.

I guess I'm also one of those that's constantly going to be on the lookout for the one true holy grail product since my needs are constantly changing with my hair, but I know for absolute certainty within the immediate future I'll still be sticking with Lush products since those are working the best for me and they do have many other options if my needs change.

gwenalyn
April 16th, 2015, 04:24 PM
For shampooing: Head&Shoulders
For conditioning: Pantene (i.e., 'cone bombs)
For oiling: coconut oil <-------this one keeps me from needing to trim!
For feeling like me: purple dye :)

rach
April 16th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Two ?

henna - gave strength and a colour which i love and now i'm still hooked.
Hair stick - life before hair sticks is unthinkable !!!!

mindwiped
April 16th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Endlessly, I lived r&b too, but my hair adores this stuff:http://www.amazon.com/Curls-Cream-Brule-8-Ounce/dp/B0038OEELG.

It smells amazing, us cone free, and really defines my wurely hair

turtlelover
April 16th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Coconut oil! I could live with pretty much anything but this stuff. I use it as an overnight pre-wash treatment, and it helps soooo much to keep my hair from drying out. I know it works, because when I stopped using it for 3 months or so, I saw my first splits. Now, I am back to using it, and no more splits!

hypersensitive
April 16th, 2015, 10:39 PM
SMT! I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. There is a reason why that thread is so big. It works so well!

MINAKO
April 16th, 2015, 10:58 PM
n
Two ?

henna - gave strength and a colour which i love and now i'm still hooked.
Hair stick - life before hair sticks is unthinkable !!!!

Agreed on both! Most of us turn out to be polygamous hair lovers it seems. I actually envy the people wo could technically stick to one essential thing and still be at least ok with it, continuing to reach their goals. ybut on the other hand i love buying and trying new stuff. All the bucks and time and carefulness invested make my hair really valuable to me (but yes i would still shave for the million without batting an eye :D )

Doreen
April 17th, 2015, 12:35 AM
John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Conditioner. RECENTLY DISCONTINUED. I was so mad. I bought a lot off eBay and Amazon though, hopefully it will last me for a long time. I have also tried to use less than I was using before to conserve... but really no other conditioner gets my hair as tangle free and manageable as that conditioner. I've accumulated around 30 bottles now, but somehow it doesn't seem like much when you consider that I go through 5-6 bottles per year. /endrant

But yes. I love it so much. My hair loves it so much. It makes it super soft and shiny and makes my splits less noticeable which a lot of products claim to do but most don't actually do. Honestly if I won the lottery I would use to to bribe companies into bringing back certain discontinued items.

KittyBird
April 17th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo. It's the best shampoo I've ever tried. It makes my scalp and hair nice and clean, and it doesn't dry my hair out. I's a bit expensive, but I only use about a tablespoon diluted with a bit of water in a small pump bottle for each wash.

Nightblooming's Freya Salve. I love that stuff, it's amazing!

It's not a product, but the LOC method has made a huge difference for my hair too. :D

DreamSheep
April 17th, 2015, 03:19 AM
I'd say my two favourite products I would feel sad to be without are:

- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (with the Rinse-out Oil method)
- Nightblooming's Panacea for afterwashes - makes my hair feel so moist and smell so good! :)

DreamSheep
April 17th, 2015, 03:20 AM
I'd say my two favourite products I would feel sad to be without are:

- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (with the Rinse-out Oil method)
- Nightblooming's Panacea for afterwashes - makes my hair feel so moist and smell so good! :)

Hoping to try out some coneless products though to see if I can coax out some curls or more waves anyway.

Hairkay
April 17th, 2015, 04:37 PM
coconut oil.

Eichan
April 17th, 2015, 06:11 PM
I'm officially adding some things to my holy frail list

Lazy Wrap and Helix Buns! Hold so well and look nice!

To elaborate on my earlier holy grail:

The CV Butter Bar is my perfect shampoo
Oh my gosh. That's all I need. No extra oils necessary, though I add jojoba the day before washing as a rule >¬<

My new pomeranian's list: CV Honey Beer and Jojoba. Give him a good oily rub down, detangle, suds him up, rinse, rub a drop or two of jojoba on his coat and WOW

Old Man still has some style left. His fur was just gross and course and dull... Now it's so soft and shiny! Plus the oil seemed to help us get the wool seperated from his fur...

Nadine <3
April 17th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Pantene aqua light and coconut oil

Llama
April 18th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Spin Pins. I wouldn't be able to do a bun without them! And I've tried many different hair tools- nothing is as gentle and sturdy for me as spin pins.

Nettyx
April 18th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Thanks to LHC I have three holy grail products, they are so simple but I don't know how I lived without them.

- Tangle Teezer brush. It really lives up to the hype for me.

- Cider Vinegar. Used as a rinse once a week, my hair is so shiny and stops me getting product build up (I was daily due to OCD)

- Coconut oil. I use this for everything. A pre-poo, oiling my braids, even taking off my makeup.

:thud:

shola-faye
April 18th, 2015, 04:49 AM
Philip Kingsley extreme moisture shampoo- best shampoo for my super coily hair. it's everything I wanted in a shampoo and more lol
Oh and heating conditioners mixed with evoo or evco before applying them has made pretty much any conditioner pretty darn amazing to me
I've rediscovered coconut oil, I think my problem was that if my hair is not properly moisturised then it makes my hair feel extra dry and rough, when used right it gives shine, softness, smoothness and more :inlove:

ExpectoPatronum
April 18th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Devacurl products work very well in my hair. If I had to choose one, it'd probably be their curl cream because no other cream has been able to really keep my frizz down besides that one. I just wish they weren't so pricey!

Verdandi
April 18th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Mine is actually a detangler for kids... Bamse Spraybalsam. No residue, cone free, have a lovely fruity smell and is rather cheap compared to the ones for adults. And I don't have to worry about my conditioner giving my hair any slip, because Bamse fixes that afterwards :)

lady mechanic
April 18th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Henna. Omg henna. I've always coveted red hair and absolouty fried my hair trying to dye it red which would not only ruin my hair but fade to an ugly weird color within weeks. Not with henna! The red just does NOT fade and I'm not frying my hair anymore so it's FINALLY retaining length!

gthlvrmx
April 18th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Spin Pins. I wouldn't be able to do a bun without them! And I've tried many different hair tools- nothing is as gentle and sturdy for me as spin pins.

Spin pins yes! They are the perfect hair tools for me! It offers the least amount of damage for me compared to hair sticks and they hold like a rock! They are my favorite hair tools. Hairsticks are pretty, but I always had some hair being pulled by the stick somehow. Spin pins never really pull.

The other thing would be SMT's. I never knew my hair could feel this silky after a SMT and a simple vinegar rinse! It feels amazing!

Arwenlily
April 19th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Eco Sevi pumpkin seed shampoo
ACV
Coconut oil and olive oil

Still trying to find the perfect conditioner! My hair either gets weighed down or over-moisturized. So far I've moderately liked Nature's Gate tea tree conditioner and Andalou Naturals sunflower and citrus conditioner.

copperlites
April 19th, 2015, 05:30 AM
I have to agree with FuzzyBlackWaves, for me it is cold pressed organic coconut oil. I use it as a pre poo with essential oils and also for one week, once a month, as part of the inversion method. Since using it I have had so many compliments on the shine and condition of my hair and I have not changed anything else in my routine yet.

hanne jensen
April 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM
I'm till searching for The One. Sigh.

yahirwaO.o
April 19th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Jojoba oil, great detangler, tames frizz quite well, makes my already shiny hair ultra shiny, very light and easy to wash out.

Bamboo brush, glides through and no more static issues.

Honey may have its place too, but sometimes its a bit messy on my hair, my scalp however loves it!!!!

Radiant
April 20th, 2015, 12:21 AM
My favorite product at the moment is Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment. Seems crazy, because I've tried so many things, some of which cost literally 10x as much. This product (which sells for around $5) makes my hair so easy to detangle after washing and helps it to air dry so nicely.

I'm also really loving OGX brand Macadamia Oil shampoo and conditioner.

Aspsusa
April 20th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Mine is actually a detangler for kids... Bamse Spraybalsam. No residue, cone free, have a lovely fruity smell and is rather cheap compared to the ones for adults. And I don't have to worry about my conditioner giving my hair any slip, because Bamse fixes that afterwards :)

Mine was L'oreal's detangler for kids, green bottle (slightly dolphin shaped?), smelled of apples/pears. Haven't found it anywhere for several years now. :(

Vivalagina
April 20th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Mine was L'oreal's detangler for kids, green bottle (slightly dolphin shaped?), smelled of apples/pears. Haven't found it anywhere for several years now. :(

I bought a L'oreal detangler for kids in a green bottle that smells like pears to use on my daughter. Do you have a Fred Meyers or Kroger's near you? Got mine in the baby section.

Sterlyn
April 20th, 2015, 08:14 AM
My HG is a method more than any single product. A once weekly wash using sulfate shampoo, coney conditioners (with dimethicone and another lighter cone too) paired with the Oil Rinse-out method with Mineral Oil and using gentle heat as a deep conditioning treatment for both the oil step and the conditioner. I mix and match conditioners on a whim but the method stays the same and produces the same great results every time. Sounds complicated but really its not, the whole process takes about 1-2 hours from start to finish but my hair is in a towel between rinses and I am doing other things.

I only do the above once a week, if I wash again it's the same method but its the quick in the shower version with no heat and little waiting between steps.