PDA

View Full Version : SPINNY!!: You Know You Are a Curly Head When...

HappyHair87
April 12th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I thought it would be fun to twirl things a bit lol! :D Come on Curlies let's share our struggles! Lololol!

You know you are a curly head when you can predict the weather with your hair!

My hair gets so frizzy and undefined and turns into a cumulonimbus with heavy humidity. :\ *floof!*

HappyHair87
April 12th, 2015, 05:25 PM
No one? :( *sulks*

AmethystLily
April 12th, 2015, 07:03 PM
... Your hair eats fine-toothed combs for breakfast, wide-toothed combs for lunch, and brushes for dinner. :stirpot::yumm::demon:

YvetteVarie
April 13th, 2015, 04:24 AM
... Your hair eats fine-toothed combs for breakfast, wide-toothed combs for lunch, and brushes for dinner. :stirpot::yumm::demon:

And various hair toys as snacks in between :wigtongue

ZoSo
April 13th, 2015, 08:35 AM
You can watch your hair tangle in the shower while it's covered in conditioner o.0

Hotrox
April 13th, 2015, 08:38 AM
.... when you have 10 bottles of conditioner and 1 shampoo in your shower :o

Hurven
April 13th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I'm a wavy, but I'm sure this applies to curlies as well. ;)

When you have to check the weather before deciding how to wear your hair...

hennalonghair
April 13th, 2015, 10:15 AM
:yumm:

And various hair toys as snacks in between :wigtongue

And the odd fly or two here and there :yumm::shudder:

Colochita
April 13th, 2015, 10:23 AM
When detangling is the longest part of wash day. :(

LongCurlyTress
April 13th, 2015, 10:28 AM
When you are washing your hair and you just applied the gobs of cream rinse conditioner and you pause for a second or two, and take a deep breath before commencing the detangling stage --because you know... your work is "cut out" for you and you pray you don't shed too much this time. (No pun ever intended). LOL! :draw:

Hairkay
April 13th, 2015, 11:33 AM
When your hair sometimes looks like it got shorter without having a hair cut/trim.

raemarthe
April 13th, 2015, 12:55 PM
When you can literally lose things in your hair, once I got in the shower and started detangleling and found bobby pins I didn't even know were in there! Yikes

Upside Down
April 13th, 2015, 02:17 PM
When you wake up in the morning, shake your hair out and an itsy bitsy spider falls out of there...

meteor
April 13th, 2015, 02:44 PM
And the odd fly or two here and there :yumm::shudder:

When you can literally lose things in your hair, once I got in the shower and started detangleling and found bobby pins I didn't even know were in there! Yikes

When you wake up in the morning, shake your hair out and an itsy bitsy spider falls out of there...

:lol: This reminded me of this cartoon: http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/8/14/12/grid-cell-29478-1376497491-22.jpg

I can't really contribute, unfortunately, since I'm not a curlie, but I just love this thread! :D

I really like TallNCurly, so I figured I should post a link to her cute and funny cartoons on this subject here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/the-pros-and-cons-of-having-curly-hair-an-illustrated-take#.arbnXro3XB
http://tallncurly.com/category/curly-hair-comics/

MagicalCurls
April 13th, 2015, 03:17 PM
When wash day is a full day, not just a few minutes.

Quixii
April 13th, 2015, 03:28 PM
When other people just don't understand your love affair with conditioner.

When your hair is really rather unpredictable.

hennalonghair
April 13th, 2015, 04:37 PM
:lol: This reminded me of this cartoon: http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/8/14/12/grid-cell-29478-1376497491-22.jpg

I can't really contribute, unfortunately, since I'm not a curlie, but I just love this thread! :D

I really like TallNCurly, so I figured I should post a link to her cute and funny cartoons on this subject here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/the-pros-and-cons-of-having-curly-hair-an-illustrated-take#.arbnXro3XB

So cute but true! :lol:

Auni
April 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
I thought it would be fun to twirl things a bit lol! :D Come on Curlies let's share our struggles! Lololol!

You know you are a curly head when you can predict the weather with your hair!

My hair gets so frizzy and undefined and turns into a cumulonimbus with heavy humidity. :\ *floof!*

Yep! And you have 4 different creams/gels to combat said dew point/ humidity!

sarah.j.xx
April 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM
When random people ask if they can touch your hair, so you say yes, just to be nice... and end up begging them to stop because they are raking their fingers through your curls like madmen! Ahhh, the frizz! :tmi:

HappyHair87
April 13th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Yay the Curly struggle! Lol! :lol:

When ppl comment on your defined arms....but u rarely or ever workout lol!

Getting a headache between cone or no cone or curly girl method or tightly curly method or LOC method. So u mush all the methods together lol

HappyHair87
April 13th, 2015, 10:35 PM

I love Tall n Curly comics! I relate to pretty much ALL of them!

Yep! And you have 4 different creams/gels to combat said dew point/ humidity!

Yes...and then u try to force yourself to go on a no buy bc of the lack of storage space to fit more products. But I PANIC when I'm low on gel! Lol!!!

YvetteVarie
April 14th, 2015, 01:58 AM
When you panic because you are running out of your favourite conditioner, and that's the only conditioner that truly works for your curls...

That's me right now shudder:

StellaKatherine
April 14th, 2015, 02:02 AM
When you stop brushing your hair ;)

MagicalCurls
April 14th, 2015, 04:05 AM
(This might just be me but...) when 90% of your internet browsing history is hair related.

Rosetta
April 14th, 2015, 04:23 AM
When you stop brushing your hair ;)
Ah, but I'm a straightie and I never brush ;)

(Just browsing this thread to find some reasons to get rid of my curl-envy... :))

hennalonghair
April 14th, 2015, 05:32 AM
when you stop brushing your hair ;)

n-e-v-e-r!!!!!

HappyHair87
April 14th, 2015, 06:30 AM
I actually do brush my hair tho lol! I detangle my hair with a large paddle brush on wet hair, smothered in conditioner, in sections :)

NEVER BRUSH WHEN DRY!!! lol

When your shrinkage causes your hair to look as tho its 2 to 3 times shorter than it really is!

My hair can shrink up to my shoulders....but stretches all the way down to a little bit past my waist!

LongCurlyTress
April 14th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I actually do brush my hair tho lol! I detangle my hair with a large paddle brush on wet hair, smothered in conditioner, in sections :)

When your shrinkage causes your hair to look as tho its 2 to 3 times shorter than it really is!

My hair can shrink up to my shoulders....but stretches all the way down to a little bit past my waist!
I do the same thing! I brush my hair when it is wet in the shower with conditioner and a vented brush and then also when I am styling it with hairserum and EVOO after I wash it. I hate the tangles my hair gets when I let it dry curly so I prefer it to be brushed out and in an lwb for drying purposes. ;) I also hate the shrinkage when it is curly too! ;) And I do brush my hair when dry, and put a bit of EVOO on it to bring out the shine. ;)

YvetteVarie
April 14th, 2015, 08:24 AM

Shrinkage is definitely a bummer sometimes... When you want to show off your length, and your hair decides to become shy.

Mine shrinks from collar bone to ear on a bad day

HappyHair87
April 17th, 2015, 06:41 PM
You know you're a curly head when most days u would LOVE for it to be straight and flowy for a change....

But if someone suggests you straighten it, you're on the extreme defense....and you realize how much you actually love your curly hair :)

hennalonghair
April 17th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Even though my hair can get frizzy and unpredictable at times I still would never straighten it
I like my waves and curls. Shrinkage ? Oh yes. While I'm proud to wear my curls it usually takes about 4 to 6 inches off my length. Plus we need far more length to reach our goals than those with straight hair yet I wouldn't change it for anything.
And I definitely brush and comb my hair. My hair suffers greatly if I dont.

HappyHair87
April 17th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I agree^^

When you're searching for large satin bonnets...not based on the length of your hair....but the width.

And then you see how crazy expensive they are :(

I'm going to buy two new satin pillowcases from Sallys tomorrow. Lol *sulk*

cherrybird
April 17th, 2015, 11:04 PM
You know you'r a curly when you stick pens and pencils in your hair to see how many it will hold... and you run out. After 16.

Hairkay
April 20th, 2015, 09:56 AM
When someone asks how long your hair is and you have trouble answering because you know it varies according to shrinkage and it's impossible to measure correctly.

When you can see a single strand knot happening before your eyes.

Blue Mermaid
April 20th, 2015, 11:00 AM
You know you are a curly when every time you go to the mall and walk by the flat iron kiosk they start shouting at you, "come here! We fix your hair! Nice and straight for you!" And your reaction is :run:

Quixii
April 20th, 2015, 02:59 PM
When it's never really straight. You could be standing in the shower, your hair soaked with water and conditioner, and still it's doing its damnedest to curl.

LadyLorien
April 20th, 2015, 03:13 PM
You know you are a curly when every time you go to the mall and walk by the flat iron kiosk they start shouting at you, "come here! We fix your hair! Nice and straight for you!" And your reaction is :run:

Hahaha this has amused me to no end for the past 5 minutes, but it's very accurate! Anyone running a flat iron kiosk assumes my curls are something to be remedied. :scared:

Blue Mermaid
April 20th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Hahaha this has amused me to no end for the past 5 minutes, but it's very accurate! Anyone running a flat iron kiosk assumes my curls are something to be remedied. :scared:

They did it to my (normally) straight haired friend who had gotten a perm the day before. They looked incredulous when we both said "don't you dare!" and scurried off into the nearest store.
:shudder: :run: :run:

YvetteVarie
April 20th, 2015, 11:51 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Our version of this in my country is when you pass a shop selling extensions, the stylists standing outside the shop waiting for a customer will ask you if you want to get your hair braided or have a weave installation. My reaction is always :lala:

Hairkay
April 21st, 2015, 09:24 AM
I tend to stay far away from such places.:gabigrin:

There was the time when family sent me on an errand to get their hair supplies. Some woman with straight hair took one look at my head and enquired about detangling products. I was thinking how the hell should I know?:shrug: I don't usually shop in this place and I've never used such things.:roll:

Blue Mermaid
April 21st, 2015, 12:32 PM
You know your a curly when on wash day your hair goes from almost APL to CBL, and everyone you know asks if you got a haircut. Meanwhile you are too embarrassed to say, "actually, I just washed it..." :draw:

maegalcarwen
April 21st, 2015, 03:35 PM

Hahaha, so true:DD

maegalcarwen
April 21st, 2015, 03:40 PM

:D :D :D :D YES! I always pretend to have something very important to hurry towards....:D

maegalcarwen
April 21st, 2015, 03:51 PM
When you can't just randomly go to the shops on Sunday, because it is wash day, and you have to deal with pre wash treatments and detangling and drying time and and... just no.

When people you know get angry if you put your hair up, because it is their clue of finding you in a crowd. ( and your female family members too)

When all the girls are brushing their hair in public/school bathrooms, and you are putting water all over it in attempt to revive your curls.

Quixii
April 21st, 2015, 08:52 PM
When you wince when you see a TV character using a brush on their dry curls, and then glare a bit when in the next scene they still have curls.

YvetteVarie
April 22nd, 2015, 01:16 AM
When family members/acquaintances think your hair is not done because its not straightened.

Jennah
April 22nd, 2015, 04:37 AM
When you wear your hair up and people say: Oh! Itīs you! I didnīt recognize you without your hair! (then more apologetic). Itīs just that I always see you with the big curls I just didnīt notice it was you.....:(

Hurven
April 22nd, 2015, 04:52 AM
When people envy your natural hair texture, but still thinks you should straighten it...

(This has happened to me multiple times. :confused:)

maegalcarwen
April 22nd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Oh the irony:DDD

Blue Mermaid
April 24th, 2015, 08:53 AM
When you begin buying ficcares in pairs because you realize by the time you hit waist your hair will likely start spitting out larges..

( this might be more of a III thickness thing, actually)

raemarthe
April 24th, 2015, 01:16 PM
When you wince when you see a TV character using a brush on their dry curls, and then glare a bit when in the next scene they still have curls. yesss the girl in Brave brushes her curls and they're perfect, so not possible!

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2015, 11:56 PM
When you try to find new ways to grow your hair back out after having to cut almost 2 inches of due to mechanical damage from detangling. :(

Aderyn
June 27th, 2015, 12:04 AM
When you have to wash your hair not because your scalp is too greasy, but because your curls start twisting around themselves and clumping awkwardly ..

kurlywurlygurl
June 27th, 2015, 02:12 AM
This thread is so amusing to me, I can relate to so many of these and still have so many more to share. Thank you so much for creating it!

I straightened my hair in high school and wore it straight regularly until we had swimming for P.E. later that year, and everyone thought I got a perm just for swim.

I am the only curly in my family and nobody understands why I have to check the frizz forecast before I wash my hair or why I have different conditioners, deep treatments, sealers, and stylers for different dew points.

When people insist that your hair only takes you a wash to make it look a certain way and that it must be oh so easy to care for.

When people ask you what you do to your hair and you have to think about what to answer them... which routine should you share or should you just mention a single product? So you just say coconut oil is really good for your hair or something more obvious/universal. Either that or you actually sit them down and give them the low down. But you just stick to plan A, take a deep breathe, and keep walking.

When people see you get ready for bed/wake up with a pineapple

When you carry all your products to the shower and forget something only to feel like you might as well not even wash your hair without it

When people comment on how thick your hair is but you explain that it just seems to grow as it dries.

When it's wash day and people don't understand why it takes you so long to wash your hair... you must surely be flaking on them with such a poor excuse as washing your hair.

When people think you are a hoarder only to realize you are a self proclaimed product junkie

When you actually straighten your hair, put in the work/time and just end up missing your curls. So the next time you wash your hair, you're scared you've lost them for good and laugh quietly about how that would be just flat out impossible as the coils come back to life.

When you are cg and accidentally failed to check the ingredient list properly so you have to use a sulfate to get the damn silicone out again.

When you are subscribed to a bajillion youtube channels about natural hair even if they don't have the same hair type as you.

When you break out in cold sweats because Walgreens/CVS has a bogo on Shea Moisture

When you bring your satin pillow case to sleep overs/other people's houses

When your beloved Tresemme Naturals had a formula change and you feel like you don't know what life is anymore.

When your flax seed gel just won't cool down in time for you to wash your hair.

When you own more product than you will ever need and are set for an apocalypse.

I took my sister to the hair salon the other day (she has straight hair) to get a haircut and there was this little girl getting her hair put in two fishtail braids because her mother wanted her hair to be tamed for some event. The stylist straightened her hair before the braids and was just finishing up... needless to say, it made me very sad. I mean it's nice to have change I guess but the mom really seemed to make it seem like it was a nuisance more than anything. It's none of my business but I sat there in the waiting section with my hair naturally curly and I wish I could have showed her how to make it look awesome. If anything, just love and let alone stop fighting it. It took me long enough. Don't get me wrong, not everyone has to or should wear their natural if they don't like it like that but I often feel people are taught not too. I know that I was. I guess it was just the things I overheard- and I know it's rude but hey curl radar is like an internal sixth sense.

Flossiebell
June 27th, 2015, 04:20 PM
You have to fasten your hair up when you sit on the dog shelf so the dog doesn't get tangled in your curls, panics and pulls trying to get free....yeeeeouch!!

HappyHair87
June 27th, 2015, 07:30 PM
This thread is so amusing to me, I can relate to so many of these and still have so many more to share. Thank you so much for creating it!

I straightened my hair in high school and wore it straight regularly until we had swimming for P.E. later that year, and everyone thought I got a perm just for swim.

I am the only curly in my family and nobody understands why I have to check the frizz forecast before I wash my hair or why I have different conditioners, deep treatments, sealers, and stylers for different dew points.

When people insist that your hair only takes you a wash to make it look a certain way and that it must be oh so easy to care for.

When people ask you what you do to your hair and you have to think about what to answer them... which routine should you share or should you just mention a single product? So you just say coconut oil is really good for your hair or something more obvious/universal. Either that or you actually sit them down and give them the low down. But you just stick to plan A, take a deep breathe, and keep walking.

When people see you get ready for bed/wake up with a pineapple

When you carry all your products to the shower and forget something only to feel like you might as well not even wash your hair without it

When people comment on how thick your hair is but you explain that it just seems to grow as it dries.

When it's wash day and people don't understand why it takes you so long to wash your hair... you must surely be flaking on them with such a poor excuse as washing your hair.

When people think you are a hoarder only to realize you are a self proclaimed product junkie

When you actually straighten your hair, put in the work/time and just end up missing your curls. So the next time you wash your hair, you're scared you've lost them for good and laugh quietly about how that would be just flat out impossible as the coils come back to life.

When you are cg and accidentally failed to check the ingredient list properly so you have to use a sulfate to get the damn silicone out again.

When you are subscribed to a bajillion youtube channels about natural hair even if they don't have the same hair type as you.

When you break out in cold sweats because Walgreens/CVS has a bogo on Shea Moisture

When you bring your satin pillow case to sleep overs/other people's houses

When your beloved Tresemme Naturals had a formula change and you feel like you don't know what life is anymore.

When your flax seed gel just won't cool down in time for you to wash your hair.

When you own more product than you will ever need and are set for an apocalypse.

I took my sister to the hair salon the other day (she has straight hair) to get a haircut and there was this little girl getting her hair put in two fishtail braids because her mother wanted her hair to be tamed for some event. The stylist straightened her hair before the braids and was just finishing up... needless to say, it made me very sad. I mean it's nice to have change I guess but the mom really seemed to make it seem like it was a nuisance more than anything. It's none of my business but I sat there in the waiting section with my hair naturally curly and I wish I could have showed her how to make it look awesome. If anything, just love and let alone stop fighting it. It took me long enough. Don't get me wrong, not everyone has to or should wear their natural if they don't like it like that but I often feel people are taught not too. I know that I was. I guess it was just the things I overheard- and I know it's rude but hey curl radar is like an internal sixth sense.

These were some really good ones! :)

reilly0167
October 24th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Lol so true

Simsy
November 14th, 2015, 03:55 AM
When your face vanishes between the unleashed beast, and only reappears after the curls have been dragged back into submission. :)

Kimberly
November 15th, 2015, 02:32 AM
When it is time to take your hair down and you have a hard time finding those stupid spin pins, digging them out, and untangling your hair from them without breakage. When you find you are better off with hair toys (and earrings) that don't offer any handhold-- er, hair-holds -- for your hair to grab and wrap around. That is, unless you enjoy that time at the end of the day when, after a lengthy struggle, you still have a fork or stick or earring dangling awkwardly from your hair as you take deep breaths and count to ten to keep from just ripping it out/throwing something/screeching incoherently. When you find yourself shouting into the mirror, "Let it go, or I'm chopping you off!"

chen bao jun
November 15th, 2015, 05:50 PM
i can so relate!!! To all of it. Here are some more:

When people ask you how you get your hair to 'do that'--but you have actually spent most of your life trying to get your hair to STOP doing 'that'.

When you have become more or less resigned that you will have to deal with 'curl tug' forever. You know, that thing where someone who has just been introduced to you, or actually, hasn't even been introduced, says, "oh, so cute' and --pulls your hair to see the 'sproing' effect. Often not caring if they actually WOUND you in the process (yes, sweet little old lady who scratched my forehead, and made me bleed, I am still bitter)

When you have someone say to other friends of yours (this happened to me last week)--'I always room with her at the church women's retreat because I love to watch her and her hair!!' Two different entities, you know. Me. And my hair.

When you are somewhat bemused by the large sections of 'curl' products in stores. Because your hair has three options, none of which curl products do anything to hurt/help. 1) small curls, as in 'I just washed it' or it just rained on me (or it's humid) 2) bigger curls, as in I braided it last night, or it's less humid 3) frizz, as in "i brushed (or combed) the curls out and that was a SERIOUS mistake. ' Hello, Elsa Lancaster! In other words, just leave me the conditioner (with lots of silicone, please). ALL the conditioner.

No, actually, there is a fourth, 4) I flat ironed it (or chemical straightened it) and its sorta kinda straight--but looks like garbage, so what was the point. (and it took hours longer than anyone but me thought it would. And its still making single strand knots...)

And oh, being a person who has very high density hair: The Argument. The one where a person with a straighter hair type explains to you very carefully that your hair is not actually thick, it just LOOKS that way, because you have curls. Hello! Just because curls can disguise low density does not mean that people with curls never have high density. Or that we are too stupid to know the difference. Trust me. That claw clip you are telling me will hold my hair will NOT hold my hair. And as for that drug store barrette...

And there's one more. Just because my hair is wild, does not mean I am 'wild'. I may look like I have perpetual bedhead, but I do not want to go to bed with YOU, sleazy person that I don't know and don't want to know (and I bet you are the exact same person who goes around asking redheads questions about drapes and carpets-ewwwwww)

ETA: has anyone yet mentioned the SHED? You know, the giant blob of hair that comes out every time you detangle (I only wet detangle now but its made no difference). The one that has everyone who sees it suggesting that you get to doctor immediately, because no one can possibly lose that much hair and still have any left--? Except you've been doing exactly that for over fifty years...?

Kimberly
November 16th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Elsa Lancaster! Cracked me up ....

I am so sorry about that scratchy old bat who grabbed at your curls, chen bao jun. My curls aren't so sproingy as yours, so don't pose as much temptation for those with poor boundaries, but full-grown "boys" seem to think it is nostalgically cute to tug on pigtails, apparently with no idea that hair is attached to nerve endings.

PristineAllure
November 16th, 2015, 04:25 PM
When you work quickly to style, add product, or diffuse your curls when you get out of the shower, because you know that once they start to dry completely, you had better not touch them or the frizz monster will come and get you.

HappyHair87
November 16th, 2015, 05:10 PM
i can so relate!!! To all of it. Here are some more:

When people ask you how you get your hair to 'do that'--but you have actually spent most of your life trying to get your hair to STOP doing 'that'.

When you have become more or less resigned that you will have to deal with 'curl tug' forever. You know, that thing where someone who has just been introduced to you, or actually, hasn't even been introduced, says, "oh, so cute' and --pulls your hair to see the 'sproing' effect. Often not caring if they actually WOUND you in the process (yes, sweet little old lady who scratched my forehead, and made me bleed, I am still bitter)

When you have someone say to other friends of yours (this happened to me last week)--'I always room with her at the church women's retreat because I love to watch her and her hair!!' Two different entities, you know. Me. And my hair.

When you are somewhat bemused by the large sections of 'curl' products in stores. Because your hair has three options, none of which curl products do anything to hurt/help. 1) small curls, as in 'I just washed it' or it just rained on me (or it's humid) 2) bigger curls, as in I braided it last night, or it's less humid 3) frizz, as in "i brushed (or combed) the curls out and that was a SERIOUS mistake. ' Hello, Elsa Lancaster! In other words, just leave me the conditioner (with lots of silicone, please). ALL the conditioner.

No, actually, there is a fourth, 4) I flat ironed it (or chemical straightened it) and its sorta kinda straight--but looks like garbage, so what was the point. (and it took hours longer than anyone but me thought it would. And its still making single strand knots...)

And oh, being a person who has very high density hair: The Argument. The one where a person with a straighter hair type explains to you very carefully that your hair is not actually thick, it just LOOKS that way, because you have curls. Hello! Just because curls can disguise low density does not mean that people with curls never have high density. Or that we are too stupid to know the difference. Trust me. That claw clip you are telling me will hold my hair will NOT hold my hair. And as for that drug store barrette...

And there's one more. Just because my hair is wild, does not mean I am 'wild'. I may look like I have perpetual bedhead, but I do not want to go to bed with YOU, sleazy person that I don't know and don't want to know (and I bet you are the exact same person who goes around asking redheads questions about drapes and carpets-ewwwwww)

ETA: has anyone yet mentioned the SHED? You know, the giant blob of hair that comes out every time you detangle (I only wet detangle now but its made no difference). The one that has everyone who sees it suggesting that you get to doctor immediately, because no one can possibly lose that much hair and still have any left--? Except you've been doing exactly that for over fifty years...?

OMG i cannot explain how terrified i was a few months back when i lost so much hair in a week from a horrible bout of shedding! In one week i had a hairball the size of a peach in my hand!:agape:

I have been co washing daily lately and i notice less shedding, but i think it was due to stress and also i was on thyroid medication. But that was a God-awful experience! I cried like a baby in the shower!:boohoo:

Daydreamer.
January 9th, 2016, 03:07 AM
Lol, What a coincidence! I've been using my frizz to indicate humidity, too! It's been quite humid where I am this past week. But, I'll add another thing. You Know You Are a Curly Head When...fairy knots slowly take over your hair. It's been my reality for quite awhile, unfortunately. *sigh*

reilly0167
January 11th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I can look out the window when its raining..and feel my hair poof up...literally lol

reilly0167
January 11th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I'm a wavy, but I'm sure this applies to curlies as well. ;)

When you have to check the weather before deciding how to wear your hair...

Lolol..yes..I do that lololol

reilly0167
January 11th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Lol omg..so true

Techmouse
January 11th, 2016, 06:41 PM
When you consider braid waves to be a no heat straightening method. (True story.)