PDA

View Full Version : Love and hate my hair

Zugar
April 12th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Iīve got this real strong love/hate relationship going with my hair at the moment...

Anyone else?

Eastbound&Down
April 12th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Depends on the day haha the day I wash it I hate it, but my day 2 hair is so much better and keeps looking better until around day 6 when it starts to look oily.

Arctic
April 12th, 2015, 09:56 AM
No, I don't have that.

NitaB
April 12th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Oh, yes. I definitely have that. My hair is one of my favorite things about my appearance, but some days it makes me so angry I want to cry. Being here and taking care of it better is super helpful for that relationship.

wilderwein
April 12th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Thats my whole hair life basicaly! And that love hate relationship always lead me to bad decisions, thats why when I hate my hair I convince my self that I will love it tomorrow ^^

Hurven
April 12th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Yes, definitely! I really love my waves, especially how they look after I've done an ACV rinse. And I also love how thick my hair is. But I hate how my hair takes several hours to dry because of the thickness, and that the waves are kind of hard to style to my liking and to get them to stay that way. I also hate that I can't brush my hair because it makes my hair resemble an afro... :p

Zugar
April 12th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I actually timed how long it took my hair to dry. First it was in a towel turban for ten minutes. After that it took three hours until almost completely dry. And itīs only at apl with layers.... bah.

I am kind of glad though, that Iīm not the only one with these feelings. I donīt know how many times Iīve contemplating taking the fiances trimmer and just shaving it off.

wilderwein; thatīs my strategy too :)

wilderwein
April 12th, 2015, 03:48 PM
:hifive: zugar

lapushka
April 12th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I actually timed how long it took my hair to dry. First it was in a towel turban for ten minutes. After that it took three hours until almost completely dry. And itīs only at apl with layers.... bah.

I am kind of glad though, that Iīm not the only one with these feelings. I donīt know how many times Iīve contemplating taking the fiances trimmer and just shaving it off.

Try a blow dryer. Using it on cool/warm is perfectly acceptable and won't damage the hair. If you can hold your hand in the airstream without it burning, it will not harm your hair. Every tool can be used/abused. This is the correct way to use a blow dryer. My hair has been diffused weekly ever since it was short. It's TBL+ now, with a few inches to go until classic and it's not got any splits or white dots. HTH. :flower:

pamrlyn
April 12th, 2015, 03:57 PM
yes! I love the way it looks with the stripes & now hitting just below the BSL... on wash days the coarse ultra wiry hairs stick out and it doesn't feel soft or silky, or nice,. that's when the hate kicks in. after a couple days, they blend better & I'm happier with it. long way to grow yet, so learning to deal with it, here on the forum... :)

endlessly
April 12th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Mine also depends on the day. Right now, for example, my hair looks fantastic to me, but I feel absolutely terrible, so that's always a plus. But, when I absolutely need to look my best, my hair almost always decides not to obey.

MINAKO
April 12th, 2015, 05:45 PM
I love my hair and on the other hand theres really not so much about it i dislike, but i used to hate it with a passion when i was a shampoo user. Dry, dry, dry... oh so dry and frizzy! Sometimes in the morning it took me so long to detangle and fix it that i was late for class. Totally unpredictible, like one day it was somewhat managable and the other day even Albert Einstein would have been ashamed with hair like that. :P

blue_eyes
April 12th, 2015, 07:40 PM
I've had a love/hate relationship with my hair for years. I hate that it's thin & flat, but I'm also grateful for it naturally being so straight. I hate that it's a dirty blonde color, but I also love that it looks blonde in sunlight & is easy to lighten or darken.

Right now I'm growing out dye, about 50% of the length is dirty blonde, and the other 50% is faded black dye (so it's like a reddish brown). I hate the color difference, and I hate that my ends are dry and damaged...but since I've stopped dyeing and cutting I've gained a lot of length, and I have moments where I feel like my hair is long, and I love those moments. :) Most of the time I feel like my hair is a crappy work in progress, but I'm optimistic and it feels great seeing how far I've come.

Lady Neeva
April 12th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I love that my hair is thick...but it's also sheds A LOT, gets oily within 2 days, my flyways show because my hair is black, and it's soo slippery.

yahirwaO.o
April 12th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I love my hair just the way it is, sure some things are not my cup of tea, but I embrace and accept it. I also work and try to improve it as better as I can get.

It gets much easier when u apply this simple advice not only for hair but for life in general.

Amapola
April 12th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I love my hair just the way it is, sure some things are not my cup of tea, but I embrace and accept it. I also work and try to improve it as better as I can get.

It gets much easier when u apply this simple advice not only for hair but for life in general.

Smart man... and I remember AspenSong saying something similar, about embracing the hair you have. Sometimes I'll see someone else's hair and wish I had hair like theirs, but I don't and wishing won't make it different. I have to love the hair I've got, with all it's flaws. And the strange thing is, those people who I think have fantastic hair, usually don't like something or other about *their* hair either! So we are like horses, thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

I've come to be at peace with the hair I have. There are days it will not behave itself but for the most part, we get along fine. :lol:

StellaKatherine
April 12th, 2015, 10:04 PM
I actually mostly loved my hair before coming to LHC. Even when it was freezy ( because I didn't know about no brush hehe )for first couple of days after washing and not knowing as many different hairstyles. Nawadays I only hate the thickness ;)

divinedobbie
April 12th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't say I ever hate my hair. There's certainly days where I'm very frustrated and impatient with it but I always have to remember that I'm the one who put my hair through all the damage and that's the reason I'm "mad" at it. I think back to when my hair was very healthy and I just remind myself that my hair has that potential and hating it is doing nothing.

Daylilly
April 14th, 2015, 06:40 PM
I LOVE my hair today. It is soft and shiny and looks and feels awesome! That is not always the way it is, some days I hate it and I want to cut it all off. Than I remember I am in the no trimming challenge until 2016, thank GOD!