PDA

View Full Version : New Tangle Teezer Blow-styling Paddle Brush

*ReiKa*
April 10th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Hi girls,

have you seen the new Tangle Teezer brush?
It is a paddle brush specifically designed for blow-dry.
They have it in two sizes, one for short to medium hair and one for medium to long hair.
That's what they say about it:

The TANGLE TEEZER Blow-Styling Full Paddle hairbrush is especially for medium to long hair. Having revolutionised how we detangle our hair, TANGLE TEEZER have now created another ground-breaking hairbrush - this time designed to make the job of creating salon blow-dry results at home, much quicker and easier.

The secret is in the design of the teeth. Now, you don't have to be a professional, you just need to trust in the brush.
Quick-drying teeth rapidly extract surface water from the hair shaft. Unique cleaning grooves makes for easy hair removal and cleaning without damaging the teeth. The revolutionary teeth will give your hair volume, shine, less frizz and smoother hair without stretch-drying. You may also find there's no need to use straighteners afterwards - thus saving even more time. Genius!
For professional salon blow-drying results at home. Simply towel dry your hair, set your hair dryer to a medium setting and begin to dry as normal. Quick-drying results, volume, movement and reduced frizz are built into the technology of the teeth. All you need to do is trust in the brush.

And that's a picture of it: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CotzrxJfQGU/VPyiJ0pBsnI/AAAAAAAAJPg/ND3sqFVospY/s1600/IMG_0379.JPG

I saw it today and couldn't resist, I was so curious that I just bought it :rolleyes:
I do use the hair dryer everytime on a medium setting anyway, and I'm terribly fascinated by this brush, I'm looking forward to my next wash to see if it really helps straightening my hair or even only making it less frizzy, and want to see how gentle it is as well... if it's that good it would save me a lot of hassle and spare me those days where your hair is a mess and you just end up bunning it even on first day (I tend to wear my hair down as much as I can).

Anyone interested in buying it and try it with me?
Or anyone that has already bought it and used it, share your views!:o

Arctic
April 10th, 2015, 03:09 PM
How does the air circulate? There doesn't seem to be holes in the base of the brush?

lapushka
April 10th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Looks to me not so much well designed for blow drying, but for a regular paddle brush it would probably be amazing - no ball-tipped ends, yay.

*ReiKa*
April 10th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Arctic, you're right, there's no holes.
I think that's because it's supposed to be used with the brush facing outwards, aiming straight at the hair with the dryer, like in this picture: http://www.creativeheadmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/TangleTeezer1.jpg
That's the reason I guess, for not needing any holes.

lapushka, what's about the brush that makes you think it's not that good for blow-drying?

missblueeyes
April 10th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I would personally love a TT with a handle and if this is what it looks like, I might as well give it a go for at home! I always drop my TT when brushing..

lapushka
April 10th, 2015, 04:13 PM
I really want one, but I can't decide between the smaller or the bigger one. The one that's smaller seems to have teeth that are set wider apart. Or am I just imagining things here?

*ReiKa*
April 10th, 2015, 04:53 PM
missblueyes, I'll definitely try it as a paddle brush for normal brushing as well and I'll let you all know how I get on!

lapushka, see, the difference is in the number of teeth. Now, bear with me: the brush has four columns of teeth, each composed with rows of teeth. The one I bought (the bigger one) has four rows of teeth per column, and each row has exactly 15 teeth. That amounts to 60 teeth per column, being that the columns are four you have 240 teeth in total in the brush.
Instead, the smaller one, from what I can see from the pictures on internet, has 4 columns composed with only 3 rows of teeth (against the 4 of the bigger one) that have 13 teeth each (against the 15 of the other one), that amounts to 156 teeth in total in the brush.
In short: the smaller one has less teeth and is smaller in dimensions also.

*ReiKa*
April 10th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Ok, just tried it as a normal paddle brush and I*LOVE* it. It's sooo big that brushed all my TBL hair in a matter of seconds :crush: my hair had no tangles though so I can't really speak properly for its detangling properties, so I'll try it again on tangled hair and I'll let you know if you're interested! But so far so good! I can feel the teeth going deep into the mane and brushing perfectly!

Lorzi
April 10th, 2015, 11:18 PM
A TT with a handle! I've been thinking about getting the TT but I am not in love with the fact it has no handle...this seems very cool and I may look into getting it. Glad that you're liking it so far :)

lapushka
April 11th, 2015, 04:46 AM
lapushka, see, the difference is in the number of teeth. Now, bear with me: the brush has four columns of teeth, each composed with rows of teeth. The one I bought (the bigger one) has four rows of teeth per column, and each row has exactly 15 teeth. That amounts to 60 teeth per column, being that the columns are four you have 240 teeth in total in the brush.
Instead, the smaller one, from what I can see from the pictures on internet, has 4 columns composed with only 3 rows of teeth (against the 4 of the bigger one) that have 13 teeth each (against the 15 of the other one), that amounts to 156 teeth in total in the brush.
In short: the smaller one has less teeth and is smaller in dimensions also.

Oh thank you so much for figuring this out for me. I'm still not sure which one to go for... darn it. I guess I'll just wait on a few experiences before finally ordering one or the other.

lapushka
April 11th, 2015, 04:47 AM
Ok, just tried it as a normal paddle brush and I*LOVE* it. It's sooo big that brushed all my TBL hair in a matter of seconds :crush: my hair had no tangles though so I can't really speak properly for its detangling properties, so I'll try it again on tangled hair and I'll let you know if you're interested! But so far so good! I can feel the teeth going deep into the mane and brushing perfectly!

Ooooh, that's promising. Does it pull more than the TT? Tugging at the scalp, I mean. That's one question I'd love to see answered.

*ReiKa*
April 11th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Ok, I'm quite sure about saying this: if you're looking for a TT with a handle, you'll be disappointed because this is not.
I've used it just now on unbrushed slightly tangled hair, this has not detangling properties, it works well on already detangled hair but it doesn't on tangled hair. That's because the teeth are firm, they won't bend as your hair goes through.
It's not a TT with a handle, it just is a blow-dry paddle brush as they claim after all, to be honest in the description they never claimed that it has a detangling action, they only speak about the brush being good for blow-dry. And I can see why: it is big, the teeth are firm and long so they'll go deep into the hair, working big sections at the time, that will definitely help drying hair faster and more easily.
As I said yesterday, it works very well for normal brushing as well but hair should be tangle-free (as most brushes work anyway...most of them, apart from the original TT, are not meant to detangle your hair. Brushing and combing have each a different purpose).
That's it girls, if any of you is interested in how it's gonna work for blow-drying my hair I'll keep you updated but it doesn't seem to me that you are. After all, it is known that people in this forum blow-drying their hair are a big minority ;)

Kaya
April 11th, 2015, 06:47 AM
I'd be inclined to agree with the conclusion that this brush isn't a TT with a handle. I saw one in Boots a while back and got super excited. But upon further examination, it's easy to see that the bristles are different. With the TT, the bristles are straight up-and-down spikes, whereas with the Blow Styler, they start with the typical spike top, but widen out significantly at the base. I could almost see hair getting caught in the base if one is using it as a detangler. They're almost like little cone shaped bristles.

http://mediastorage-lls.bauermedia.co.uk/af/6c04b/74f8e/44a43/5048c/f32f7/62cf5/tangle-teezer-paddle-brush_09_09_14-127910_720x405.jpg?1427295703

So yeah, that was enough to make me balk and pass on purchasing it. I'll stick with my original and Aqua Splash brushes. :)

MINAKO
April 11th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Dont forget that this was deigned to put a certain amount of tension on the hair when blow drying. Anyone would agrre that fully detangling before putting on the air stream is a good idea, no?!
I dont think im going to get one, i just bought a brush and only use it in the shower on my scalp, for anything else a comb will be the safest bet for me. Also im o stupid to give myself ablowout using stuff in both hands, so for that case the brush is missing a cable and motor, hehe. When my hair was above waist i could have totally used it tho.

lapushka
April 11th, 2015, 09:38 AM
My hair gets detangled by a comb, then the brush goes through, so that might not be an issue. Still the TT catches a few of the smaller tangles that my comb doesn't catch, and it's nice not to have it tug on the scalp then, which it doesn't do - at all. This brush is different all right. Thanks for the review, *ReiKa*!

kvikk
May 22nd, 2015, 07:01 AM
That's it girls, if any of you is interested in how it's gonna work for blow-drying my hair I'll keep you updated but it doesn't seem to me that you are. After all, it is known that people in this forum blow-drying their hair are a big minority ;)

I'd love to know! I'm considering buying it for blow-drying so it would be very helpful to hear your thoughts :)