PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a difference (picture heavy), Hair type help too please

alinakathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Wow what a difference a month can make. The first pictures are when during my first week on LHC. The next pictures were last night after my shower. I've learned so much, Thanks everyone.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3019/2820375835_aba91cfbc3.jpg

Just last night after Co wash, condish leave in, and plopping.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2906252083_72be96c739.jpg

Now I was wondering If I could have some hair typing help from everyone, please?
After shower still dripping, barely combed
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2907097696_5134577002.jpg

After scrunching in some conditioner for leave in, but not a bunch of scrunching.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3152/2906251835_dfc8497225.jpg

After plopping for about 20 minutes.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2906252083_72be96c739.jpg

So I used to be a 1b, before I had children. Sometime Summer of 2007 I got a perm. So that could be part of what we are seeing. However, I didn't think perms would "last" that long . I thought they fell out after about 3-4 months. This perm has been in over 1 year now.

So what is this 2a, b, c ... 3a( probably a stretch)?

Thanks
Sarah

ilovelonghair
October 2nd, 2008, 04:00 AM
I only think the very bottom bit is part of the perm, after all your hair must have grown quite a bit since that was a while ago.
I think your hair is curlier then mine, but not sure how to type it. I think when it gets longer it might even get more curly and you might get even some spirals.

LisaJaney
October 2nd, 2008, 04:31 AM
I'd put you at a 2B maybe a C after plopping, but without the plop, you're definitely wavier than a 2a, IMO. And your hair looks THICK, you lucky thing!

krash1980
October 2nd, 2008, 04:34 AM
I am not an expert on this subject, but your first picture looks 2a, and the others look 2c. Your hair color is very pretty, it looks like a mixture of ash blonde, light blonde, and medium blonde.

FrannyG
October 2nd, 2008, 04:52 AM
Wow, your hair is looking lovely and it has so much volume! I'm thinking 2b. I'm really looking forward to further following your progress. :blossom:

Katze
October 2nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
I'd say 2b/2c, but it's hard to tell because you've plopped, making your hair look wavier than it really is. If you can post a pic of air-dried, untouched hair (no gel, aloe, leave-in, combing, etc) it will better help us.

Your hair is so wonderfully thick and a beautiful color! I bet as those waves grow in and the perm grows out, you will have beautiful ringlets, you lucky duck! :D

Shanarana
October 2nd, 2008, 05:10 AM
It looks thick, I'd say 2b, 2c. I love the color and texture.

alinakathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
I'd put you at a 2B maybe a C after plopping, but without the plop, you're definitely wavier than a 2a, IMO. And your hair looks THICK, you lucky thing!

Yes, its very thick. I just measured the circumfrence and its 4.25". This is AFTER I let my stylist thin my hair in July (pre-LHC). So It will probably get thicker as the thinning out grows out. At the same time its very fine. My individual hair disappears if you have just one, even on black paper.

Thank you for the compliment ;)

alinakathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 06:40 AM
I am not an expert on this subject, but your first picture looks 2a, and the others look 2c. Your hair color is very pretty, it looks like a mixture of ash blonde, light blonde, and medium blonde.
Thank you. I had highlights with in the last year. But my sylist is very good with them. You usually can't even tell I had something done. Maybe I can take a better pic of the top of my head and show my roots. Generally, though the color is natural, She only highlighted the top.

JessTheMess
October 2nd, 2008, 06:40 AM
Beautiful hair!!! I agree with the majority in saying 2B or even 2C. Your color is gorgeous!!

alinakathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
I'd say 2b/2c, but it's hard to tell because you've plopped, making your hair look wavier than it really is. If you can post a pic of air-dried, untouched hair (no gel, aloe, leave-in, combing, etc) it will better help us.

Your hair is so wonderfully thick and a beautiful color! I bet as those waves grow in and the perm grows out, you will have beautiful ringlets, you lucky duck! :D
I can hope for ringlets!!!! Whoo hoo I'd love to have ringlets!!!! I'll have to post a picture of air dried untouched hair.

aisling
October 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
If you had a perm a little over a year ago, I don't think it's really possible to say what your hairtype is. It's true that for many a perm "gives up" after a while, but I know that I have to cut it out of my hair, it still curled 18 months after a perm. Haven't done one in ages, not since I was a teen, but my hair sure held onto it.

alinakathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
If you had a perm a little over a year ago, I don't think it's really possible to say what your hairtype is. It's true that for many a perm "gives up" after a while, but I know that I have to cut it out of my hair, it still curled 18 months after a perm. Haven't done one in ages, not since I was a teen, but my hair sure held onto it.
I was wondering if my hair could hold on to a perm for a very long time. So It could just be the perm curls at the bottom half. I guess time will tell :)