PDA

View Full Version : Update and apologizes

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 03:37 AM
Hi all,
I disappeared from the board in the last months, so I thought I would drop an update pic in.
But first of all I have to give all my apologies and thank all those who posted comments on my album or in my profile, and all those whishes for my birthday; I know I've been rude not to answer, but in June I was preparing my PhD dissertation and I didn't have time, and then I was ashamed because it was too late, so here I come.
Walkinglady, CountessDeJager,Xandergranny,TammySue,Tap Dancer, DavidN,Justgreen,Yogachic, Koala Kim,Karenpetal, thanks for your birthday wishes, and TammySue, AJoyfulNoise,Morningstar,Teazel,NiAosSi,PeaceWithT rees ( I hope I didn't forget anyone) Thanks for your too kind comments on my pics!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/ilcorvaccio/September2008.jpg

Hair is getting longer, the tip of my V-shaped hemline ( I love the V shape!) is well below tailbone: last time I measured it, and it was more than one month ago, it was around 85 cm, that makes, uh, 33.5 inches (about 38.5 in the LHC measuring fashion, i.e. from the front hairline).

One thing I noticed is that I'm becoming more self-conscious about my hair; I mean, I tend to wear it up nearly always (this was due to the summer heat, but not only), not to attract too much attention - that I attract anyway, with a ten inches goatee and my sideburns in two braids.
I like when people I've just known guess about the real length of my hair, or the surprised expressions when they see it down; plus, a neat bun is more professional looking than a 30 inches ponytail or braid, for job interviews, at least in my opinion!

In the end, I'm loving my hair, and I understand now people who use to wear it up all the time, like a hidden treasure; even if I enjoy leaving it loose for pure exhibitionism, hehe!

Tap Dancer
October 2nd, 2008, 04:00 AM
Wow, that's a great pic! Thanks for sharing it; I love those waves! :grin:

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 04:07 AM
Thanks! I like the waves too, and I thought I had straight hair until a couple of years ago!

Chrissy
October 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM
You have simply gorgeous hair. I too love your waves; this said from a straighty. I don't think I've had the pleasure of "meeting" you.

yogachic
October 2nd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Thanks, ale. You sure do have great hair. So silky.

DavidN
October 2nd, 2008, 04:20 AM
No apologies are necessary, Ale, and congratulations on your hard work with your PhD!

Your hair looks fabulous in this photo, and it is filled with shine, and a true inspiration to guys like me growing my own hair long. These waves are awesome, and you might even be a 2a!

FrannyG
October 2nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Ale, your hair looks just awesome! Thank you so much for the update. It's good to see you around. :)

Shanarana
October 2nd, 2008, 04:30 AM
Your hair looks amazing.....glad to see you again. :)

Tap Dancer
October 2nd, 2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks! I like the waves too, and I thought I had straight hair until a couple of years ago!

My hair has become more wavy too. I love it. I don't even know what my hair type really is because it changes from day to day. :)

NiAosSi
October 2nd, 2008, 05:11 AM
Your hair is so long and shiny!

30isthenewblack
October 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Your hair looks so shiny and healthy. I am a huge fan of the V hemline as well.

BlackfootHair
October 2nd, 2008, 05:40 AM
Hi all,

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/ilcorvaccio/September2008.jpg

Wow...talk about inspiration!!! :D

Addy
October 2nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
If I saw you out and about, I'd stare at your beautiful long hair.

Forgive me. :D

mellie
October 2nd, 2008, 05:51 AM
All I have to say is, WOW!!! :-)

paper
October 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the update ale :) Your hair is amazing! Love the waves, and it looks very healthy.

SHELIAANN1969
October 2nd, 2008, 06:19 AM
Oh my!! What an update, your hair looks FABULOUS! :)

Vivien'
October 2nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
Hey, ale ! Fantastic hair !
We have the same birthdate, I noticed. Just 11 years of difference ;)

JessTheMess
October 2nd, 2008, 06:44 AM
First of all congrats on your Phd! :cheer:
Second of all... :thud: I have serious hair envy!!!!!:D

Amoretti
October 2nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
Ale, we appear to be hair twins. :flower:

justgreen
October 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Hey welcome back!

PseudoScot
October 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Wow, that is stunning hair! Welcome back to the boards, and don't feel bad about not posting, we all get that way sometimes, life just has a way of getting crazy busy!

sky
October 2nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
My goodness, what do you do to get that amazing shine????

Congrats on completing your work......when will be able to call you "Doctor"?

What's your field?

sky

Tami86
October 2nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Your hair looks great! And the waves are gorgeous! =)

curly girl fla
October 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
You're hair is just all-around amazing!

spidermom
October 2nd, 2008, 08:38 AM
It's good to see you again. Your hair looks great.

redtea
October 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Your hair looks so healthy! Congratulations on your PhD! :)

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Ale, we appear to be hair twins. :flower:

I've had the same thought several times, and I must say you've always been one of my main inspirations!

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
My goodness, what do you do to get that amazing shine????

Congrats on completing your work......when will be able to call you "Doctor"?

What's your field?

sky

Sky, I had my final exam at the end of June, so I already am a "doctor" (even if this makes me laugh enouh)..
My field is Mathematics - applied mathematics.

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks David! Actually I'm quite puzzled with my hair type; I realize I have some serious waves going (which I love) but still the initial, say, 2/5 is straight. Who knows?

Lamb
October 2nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Congrats on your Ph.D! And thanks for the update photo, your hair is truly thudsworthy. :thud:

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
If I saw you out and about, I'd stare at your beautiful long hair.

Forgive me. :D

You're forgiven.
I hope I have something else to stare to, though...!

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Congrats on your Ph.D! And thanks for the update photo, your hair is truly thudsworthy. :thud:

Thudsworthy? I love this! Thanks!

Ohio Sky
October 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful V shaped hemline on a guy! It's perfect, and so shiny! :)

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks OhioSky! I'm a self-trimmer, and the last time I thought I had made it too narrow; but in the end I'm satisfied with the result, loving it every day!

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks to all for the replies, I'm blushing! As a "side note", I want to give my contribution to the "success story" post, by posting where it was at in 2003:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/ilcorvaccio/2003hair.jpg

Thanks again!

Aronomy
October 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Oh. My. God. Your hair is sooooooooooooooooo gorgeous. Your hemline, hairtype, and condition of hair is immaculate! Wow!

Honigwein
October 2nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Congratulations!! The pictures show your hair is very healthy! I love it!!

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Aronomy and Honigwein, thanks a lot for your compliments! Well, I'm lucky enough to have naturally healthy hair, so it's not due to me but to Nature; I must say I have a lot of split ends, though, but I learned to let them be and not to worry about them.

nisolu
October 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Gorgeous hair! Love the goatee and the V.

ale
October 2nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks Nisolu! The goatee is much longer now..

Teazel
October 2nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
It's good to see you again, ale. :) I would say you can delete the "1b" from your hair type! Beautiful waves. :grin:

MissHair
October 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
OMG when I first saw the hair I thought you are the most gorgeous woman with long hair, then I realised you were a man, OMG that is so sexy, may I say. Wow, its really gorgeous. I want that hemline of yours, the hemline is so wavy, dude, you got some farytale ends going on.

teela1978
October 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Your hair is looking great! Congrats on the PhD. I'm currently procrastinating on my own dissertation edits :)

Amoretti
October 3rd, 2008, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by Amoretti

Ale, we appear to be hair twins.

Ale said:

I've had the same thought several times, and I must say you've always been one of my main inspirations!

Thank you very much, Ale! :flowers:

soleluna
October 3rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
Ciao Ale! so what are you going to do now, after the PHD? hugs