PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating 5 years at LHC - beyond floor length hair

gossamer
April 9th, 2015, 05:25 AM
It's my 5th anniversary of joining LHC today! (Previous threads at 4 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121835) and 3 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=111748))

I've known for a while now that it's past floor length when wet, but hadn't bothered to check to see if had reached floor when dry yet. Imagine my surprise when I saw this photo I took yesterday. Yes, even when dry, a few little sections are beyond floor.
https://i.imgur.com/SQJpzMp.jpg

Some length shots:
https://i.imgur.com/UoxNTzV.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/qCiY0PL.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/4maPIlY.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/BISoBvJ.jpg

What next?
It's time to cut soon, either back to knee (where the taper begins) or back to classic/fingertip length (so I can wear it down again). I was considering keeping it this long until I graduate, but that date keeps getting pushed back. Before I cut, I want to take a ton of great photos to commemorate the length, so it's still going to take me a few months to figure out how to make that happen. But sometime this year I'm sure it will happen, and I'll have super blunt ends again instead of fairy tale ones. :)

And finally, after all that photography, a bonus video of me putting it back up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RA7_jGzsE4

I'm happy to try and answer any questions you might have. :blossom:
Happy growing, all!

momschicklets
April 9th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Unbelievable and utterly fantastic!! Congrats on your anniversary, and for reaching a milestone that probably less than 1 in a million reach! :toast::toast::cheese::cheer::cheer::cheer::happyd ance:

hennalonghair
April 9th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Holy smokes. That is long beautiful hair. You are so pretty also. I don't think you need to cut back to classic to get blunt ends. It looks like knee length would work just fine. You're hair is very thick .
That's super impressive. The only person I know with hair this long is JJJ ladylonglocks .
It's a beautiful presentation and thank you for showing us

Pinni
April 9th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Congrats! Amazing hair!

Ani Ta
April 9th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Congratulations!!! Your hair is amazing and you're one of my idols :)

I'd cut back in little steps to find out what length is really comfortable. A big cut directly to classic length would be too much for me. I'm just past knee-length so far and I wear them open from time to time - no problem :) just manage the open length at work for instance is no longer possible, but that's okay :)

And do as many pics as you can to remember that great moment :)

laceyfairy
April 9th, 2015, 06:10 AM
Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

FuzzyBlackWaves
April 9th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Your hair is wonderful! It's so rare to be able to grow it that long, let alone keep it in such fantastic condition. I'd say you only need to cut back to knee for the blunt ends but it does look magnificent as it is as well.

Silver Strands
April 9th, 2015, 06:50 AM
So amazingly gorgeous!!! :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: (because one thudpile is simply not enough)
I am in awe!
Thank-you for sharing.

MicheleZ
April 9th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Um WOW - you are an inspiration!!

Wildcat Diva
April 9th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Your hair is truly beautiful!
My question is: are your waves less pronounced now that your hair is super long? Does the weight pull out the waves a bit?

Begemot
April 9th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Woah :bowtome: What a journey!

hannabiss
Amazing! And whether you cut it to knee or classic itll still look great. (im a fan of fairytale ends so it looks good now to me, and even though its fairytailing your ends are still pretty full!)

queenanne
Amazing! Your hair is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

embee
April 9th, 2015, 07:06 AM
My goodness that is lovely! :)

Mustang Suzy
April 9th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Thank you for sharing! Absolutely beautiful photos and video. As someone striving for waist who hasn't reached BSL, your hair is amazing to me! :magic:

Carolyn
April 9th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Holy cow your hair is gorgeous! I had no idea it was so long. I too don't think you have much taper below knee. I loved your video. So many people think styling long hair takes ages every day. You did that amazing bun in about a minute!

DaveDecker
April 9th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Your hair is utterly amazing!! Oh no, here I go! :thud:

Based on pic 1 it looks like the longest tips are already a couple of inches past the bottom of your feet.

I think mid-calf would suffice for thick ends, and if you maintain at that length for awhile, it would probably continue to thicken.

Caraid♫
April 9th, 2015, 07:19 AM
total inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing the pics and video and congrats on the giant milestone!! :D

Auni
April 9th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Absolutely beautiful! congrats!!

slynr
April 9th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Wow!! I love it. I really think the ends are stunning as is. Do you have your routine somewhere?

Thank you for sharing your beautiful hair. Truly inspirational!

Upside Down
April 9th, 2015, 07:29 AM
That is so amazing and truly special!! Thank you for sharing,

Ok I am curious!

Are you careful about your diet? I mean like eating for the hair :lol: ?
Do you like to shock people by letting your hair down? :eyebrows:
Have you tried wearing a braid around kittens to see what happens?
Will you take a photo with your hair hanging from a window with some Ken dolls attached, like they're climbing it?

Just some things I'd do if mine was floor and beyond ;)

But seriously, excuse me while I :thud:

neko_kawaii
April 9th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Yay! Looking forward to those final length shots before you cut back. Love the backdrop, of course. *grin*

I hope I need that trick of inserting a fork part way and then continuing to wrap and finishing with pins, what a great way to continue to use shorter toys and it also keeps things from seriously sticking out the sides.

lapushka
April 9th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Well that is the most amazing thing I ever saw. Floor length. OMG. I am stunned. :shocked: You have gorgeous hair, gossamer! I think *I* would cry if you cut it off, esp. to classic (such amazing length to lose), but you gotta do what you feel comfortable with after all.

cat11
April 9th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Holy smokes. That is long beautiful hair. You are so pretty also. I don't think you need to cut back to classic to get blunt ends. It looks like knee length would work just fine. You're hair is very thick .
That's super impressive. The only person I know with hair this long is JJJ ladylonglocks .
It's a beautiful presentation and thank you for showing us

I agree- knee would be enough, I think.

Your hair is so gorgeous and I hope I get there one day :)

hinabelle
April 9th, 2015, 08:10 AM
:thudpile: Beautiful hair... It's just amazing!!
What keeps you from wearing it down at that length? Does it just get in the way
too much, you don't want to risk any damage, or something else perhaps? With
that picture of your hair over your shoulder, I can imagine some real life thuds
happening to you out on the sidewalk, hehe :D I know I would!

LongCurlyTress
April 9th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Love your hair! It is so beautiful and inspirational! Love your video too. Thanks for posting. ;) Do you have any suggestions for those of us who are about 6 years' growth behind you? :magic:

gossamer
April 9th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Thank you momschicklets, hennalonghair, Pinni, Ani Ta, laceyfairy, FuzzyBlackWaves, Silver Strands, MicheleZ, Begemot, hannabiss, queenanne, embee, Mustang Suzy, Carolyn, Caraid♫, Auni, neko_kawaii, lapushka, & cat11!

Your hair is truly beautiful!
My question is: are your waves less pronounced now that your hair is super long? Does the weight pull out the waves a bit?

You know, the waviness is such a new thing for me (well, new in the sense that my hair's been growing out for 15+ years) that I really don't know what is going on with its waves and what will happen once I go back to a shorter length.
Here's a picture from shortly after I joined LHC in 2010:
http://i.imgur.com/2bIK7Coh.jpg?1

It actually looks less wavy back then than it does now. Who knows what my waves are doing? :D

I think mid-calf would suffice for thick ends, and if you maintain at that length for awhile, it would probably continue to thicken.

Yes, but I'm not really sure I want hair this long again! Stepping on it if I have it down while I walk around my apartment barefoot is getting rather annoying. And I really miss having the option of wearing it down. Not feasible at floor+, somewhat feasible at ankle, but quite easy at fingertip or even knee. :o

Wow!! I love it. I really think the ends are stunning as is. Do you have your routine somewhere?

I think I have something in my profile, but I'll detail it here so you don't have to go digging.

I wash every 6-7 days, using regular shampoo on my scalp. Sometimes I'll lightly condition the length before washing my scalp, other times I'll skip that step.
After washing my scalp, I work a lot of conditioner through my length. I kneel over a metal bowl I keep in the shower, placing my hair in that as I work conditioner through it all. I've had great success using Suave Ocean Breeze conditioner. It's cheap, I can use a lot of it without feeling like I'm wasting something valuable, and it really seems to hydrate my hair well. After my hair is mostly detangled and suffused with conditioner (roughly 5 minutes of work), I rinse out the bowl, pour a little white vinegar into it, and fill the rest of the bowl up with warm water. I pour this over my scalp and then rinse everything really well.
After gently squeezing the water out, I apply a little more conditioner to the last 12-18" and wrap it up in a towel for 30 mins or so before letting it down to airdry for as long as I can manage it being down. My hair does not like to be detangled while damp, so I usually put it up loosely or braid it in a messy braid until it's finally dry and can be fingercombed or brushed with a tangle teezer.

I discovered that nautilus buns and lazy wrap buns give me huge mats where the sticks are inserted, so I've stuck to cinnabuns or braided nautilus buns for the past few months and had no problems anymore. That's my daily, simple style. :)

Are you careful about your diet? I mean like eating for the hair :lol: ?
Do you like to shock people by letting your hair down? :eyebrows:
Have you tried wearing a braid around kittens to see what happens?
Will you take a photo with your hair hanging from a window with some Ken dolls attached, like they're climbing it?

:rollin: that last idea is hilarious, but no, I'm not going to take that photo. :lol:

I don't like to shock people too often with it - it leads to conversations that are bothersome, mostly because people think that their questions about my hair will have simple answers when, as you can see above, there's actually a lot to explain! I also am sooooo tired of being told to donate it. Seriously everyone tells me this when they find out how long it is and I'm just not kind about my responses to that anymore.

My mom's kitten LOVED to bite my braid. I think that's not particularly hair friendly, is it? ;)

I'm vegetarian and have been for most of my life. I think I still do a decent enough job getting protein in my diet through whole grains, cheese, beans and tofu, but I'm not sure what my hair might look like if I also ate meat. I think I eat pretty cleanly (most food I cook at home from whole ingredients, not super processed things) and maybe that helps?

What keeps you from wearing it down at that length? Does it just get in the way
too much, you don't want to risk any damage, or something else perhaps?

Wearing it down at this length is really difficult. It gets stuck under chair legs and door handles. If I'm not wearing high heels, I can step on it and that hurts. I don't usually enjoy the conversations random people have with me about it, even when it's just down in a long braid. (Once, a guy on the street yelled at me that crackheads were going to attack me and cut it off and sell it.:rolleyes:) So you're right, it does get in the way, and it does cause damage, but it's also more than that. I feel like I could wear my hair down and not have it cause so many problems if it wasn't traffic-stopping length!

gossamer
April 9th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Love your hair! It is so beautiful and inspirational! Love your video too. Thanks for posting. ;) Do you have any suggestions for those of us who are about 6 years' growth behind you? :magic:

Be patient? Follow benign neglect? :D :blossom:

door72067
April 9th, 2015, 08:49 AM
so beautiful

Madora
April 9th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Fabulous hair, Gossamer! Whole lot of dedication and patience goin' on there! Congratulations!

mewmew
April 9th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Holy moly! :thudpile:

texangrrl
April 9th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Congratulations!!! Your hair is absolutely beautiful!!!

BrightEyes
April 9th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Your hair is absolutely stunning. Congratulations on 5 years!! :D

hinabelle
April 9th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the answer, gossamer. That's a pretty funny story actually.. :D
I can't imagine stepping on my hair. That does sound really painful. :( I'm excited
to see the commemoration photos!!

Komao
April 9th, 2015, 09:06 AM
gossamer, I'm speechless. You and your hair are so lovely. :blossom:Now on to see your bonus video

lunalocks
April 9th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Just beautiful! What an inspiration you are. Mostly for extreme patience. Thank you for sharing. And I can't wait to see the next round of pics.

StellaKatherine
April 9th, 2015, 09:26 AM
What an amazing hair! Congratulations! Your ends are thicker looking at your lenght than mine at close to classic :D You are true inspirations, kinda makes me want to see what would happen if I would just let it grow for a few more years ( or better to say a LOT of more years ). I do hope you will make some amazing photos. Maybe even professionally made if you just can afford it. Anyway, thank you for sharing your adventure with us :flowers:

gossamer
April 9th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Thank you door72067, Madora, mewmew, texangrrl, BrightEyes, Komao, lunalocks, and StellaKatherine.

Yes, I'm definitely considering professional photos before the "big" cut (I don't think it will be an extreme cut, don't have any heart attacks out there!). I think for a couple hundred dollars I could get some really nice photos. I know a couple photographers that I'm sure would be happy to do it.

You know, I realized that 5 years at LHC is 1/6 of my life! Thanks all for being such a big part of it! :flower:

Calaelen
April 9th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Wow! Reaching floor length + is quite rare. Your hair is beautiful! My questions: approximately how much hair growth you get per month? Since you joined LHC how often, if at all, have you trimmed?

diggem
April 9th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Happy Anniversary.

Proof that this group truly encourages extraordinary long hair.

Gossamer, you hair is almost as beautiful as its owner.

diggem

sibylla
April 9th, 2015, 10:17 AM
wow!You are now my biggest inspiration to at least grow my hair to classic again:)Thank you for sharing your journey!

brickworld13
April 9th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Congratulations!

Arctic
April 9th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Congratulation on your anniversary! I think I remember when you first joined!

I can't imagine what it's like to have hair like yours. Does it weight much? Does the weight bother you sometimes? Have you been trimming how frequently as you've grown?

Your hair looks in stellar condition and is very beautiful, and you look very graceful!

Belle Paix
April 9th, 2015, 12:26 PM
I now have a new hair crush, lol. Gorgeous hair, thanks for sharing!!!

Silverbrumby
April 9th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Congratulations and your hair is beautiful. Any length will look fabulous.

pixldust
April 9th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Wow, your hair is just :agape: So beautiful! It'll look great at whatever length you end up cutting it back to

kendraf
April 9th, 2015, 01:43 PM
it's soooo shiny and silky *swoooon* congrats!

cathair
April 9th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Happy anniversary Gossamer :thudpile: :cake: always love to see your videos, thanks for sharing it :)

Quixii
April 9th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Beautiful and stunning as ever, gossamer! As amazing as your hair is, I can't blame you for wanting to cut back some. I hope you have fun with your hair now and then. :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 9th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Gossamer, your hair is beyond thudworthy! What patience and dedication to grow that long! And what an inspiration, wow! I do hope you will have some professional pictures taken before you cut off much length, and I hope you will take more videos of it too, it is so amazing seeing your hair in motion. I love the way you can put your hair up in a minute:)

Now I want to never cut my hair in the hope that one day.... it might look even a little like yours:)

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing photos and video.

Mimha
April 9th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Aaaaaah WHAT A MARVEL !!!!!!

:agape: :agape: :thudpile:

Thank you so much for sharing these images, Gossamer ! It's so rare - even on LHC - to admire such an amazing length in such a beautiful shape !... If I understand well, you have NOT achieved your terminal length yet ??? I mean, it's still growing ? Lol. Not want to let it grow until it can't go more ?

You know what I would really like to see ? Your hair moving in its full length ! You, walking with your hair dancing in your back... You turning and your hair spiraling around you, in slow motion... I dream !... :cloud9: Or you, in any everyday action where your hair is free to move, balance, flow, fly, flip... It must be a splendor to admire in movement !... :crush:

I hope you will not forget to film it in movement before you cut it... even if you decide to keep it only for yourself^^ ! :) :)

meteor
April 9th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Oh my God, Gossamer! :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile:
Your hair is beyond phenomenal! :cheer:

Thank you so very much for sharing these awesome photos and a gorgeous cinnabun video and sharing your routine! :flowers:

I'm so curious: what detangling techniques, products or tips do you use? Did you have to significantly adjust your detangling process at different stages, let's say between classic and floor lengths? I would really love to know how detangling works (especially after a wash) at such awesome length.

It makes me want to cry that you are planning a big cut, but of course, your hair will always be phenomenal and the only thing that matters is that you are happy with the result! :cheer: :love: If you take that plunge, I hope you'll take a gazillion different photos in different locations and maybe there will be some excellent braider who could do those amazing fantasy styles on your hair... :crush:

Thank you so very much for sharing those great photos and so much useful information on the LHC! :flowers:
You are an incredible inspiration!!! :heartbeat

gthlvrmx
April 9th, 2015, 03:12 PM
That is beautiful hair you have! It is so amazing! Hopefully my hair grows as long as yours! You give me the extra belief that I CAN get longer hair if I just am patient :) 5 years is a fair amount of time for you to have reached floor length, it's doable :)

gossamer
April 9th, 2015, 03:18 PM
That is beautiful hair you have! It is so amazing! Hopefully my hair grows as long as yours! You give me the extra belief that I CAN get longer hair if I just am patient :) 5 years is a fair amount of time for you to have reached floor length, it's doable :)

Keep in mind I didn't start from short and get to floor in 5 years! I was at fingertip/almost knee length when I joined, so it's been a long process.

gthlvrmx
April 9th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Keep in mind I didn't start from short and get to floor in 5 years! I was at fingertip/almost knee length when I joined, so it's been a long process.

Oh yes! I thought you started from BSL or maybe knee (from the photo you shared it looked like knee length when you joined in 2010) but your thing on the side says "BSL?" so I assumed you must have started in either of those places! (knee or BSL).

lapushka
April 9th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I just now saw that you indeed have iii hair. I mean, I gathered as much from the video. I think it's inspirational for me especially because of that, because I often think my hair at one point will get too heavy (my worst fear for growing it out), and thus might become unmanageable.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
April 9th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Wow, so impressive! Congratulations on making it beyond floor length! :bowtome:

gossamer
April 9th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Thank you Calaelen, diggem, sibylla, brickworld13, Arctic, Belle Paix, Silverbrumby, pixldust, kendraf, cathair, Quixii, Sarahlabyrinth, Mimha, meteor, gthlvrmx, and lauren_alia!

Wow! Reaching floor length + is quite rare. Your hair is beautiful! My questions: approximately how much hair growth you get per month? Since you joined LHC how often, if at all, have you trimmed?
You know, I've never been great at consistently measuring to figure out my actual growth rate. I just go by the .5" per month rule of thumb. It might very well be a little faster than that. When I first joined LHC, I was trimming 3-4" off per year in an effort to thicken up my ends. Once I got to mid-calf length two years ago, I realized that I probably wasn't interested in having calf length hair permanently, so stopped trimming so that I could either get to floor length faster or find my terminal and trim back to something I could wear down again.

After my last trim, this is what my length was:
http://i.imgur.com/ASNqCub.jpg?2

My tape measure is only 60" long, so I haven't measured in over two years. Not very scientific of me, I know! :p

I can't imagine what it's like to have hair like yours. Does it weight much? Does the weight bother you sometimes? Have you been trimming how frequently as you've grown?

I'm not quite sure how much it weighs. The mini-scale I use for yarn maxes out and won't give me a reading. It doesn't bother me unless I already have a headache, at which point sometimes taking my hair down or loosening my updo helps to relieve a little of the pain. See above for my trimming habits. :)

I hope you will take more videos of it too, it is so amazing seeing your hair in motion.
I have mixed feelings about making videos. I want them to be informative, not just for people to drool over. I already have noticed that 75% of my youtube viewers are male. I doubt that they're watching it to learn how to do a helix bun or a lazy wrap bun, you know? Then again, I do appreciate the compliments and conversations I've had with some commenters on youtube talking about how my videos have been super useful or helpful. So I don't know what to do - do you have any ideas for videos? :D

If I understand well, you have NOT achieved your terminal length yet ??? I mean, it's still growing ? Lol. Not want to let it grow until it can't go more ?

You know what I would really like to see ? Your hair moving in its full length ! You, walking with your hair dancing in your back... You turning and your hair spiraling around you, in slow motion... I dream !... Or you, in any everyday action where your hair is free to move, balance, flow, fly, flip... It must be a splendor to admire in movement !...

Hehe, so my hair, when down in everyday action, involves it turning into tangles, getting caught on door handles, drawer pulls, and chairs (I am not the most graceful :p ) , and sometimes even stepping on it. I don't think I'd describe it as a splendor in movement, but maybe to an outside observer it still would be? ;)

And yes, it's still growing. Crazy, huh?

I'm so curious: what detangling techniques, products or tips do you use? Did you have to significantly adjust your detangling process at different stages, let's say between classic and floor lengths? I would really love to know how detangling works (especially after a wash) at such awesome length.

It makes me want to cry that you are planning a big cut, but of course, your hair will always be phenomenal and the only thing that matters is that you are happy with the result! If you take that plunge, I hope you'll take a gazillion different photos in different locations and maybe there will be some excellent braider who could do those amazing fantasy styles on your hair...

I don't detangle right after a wash because my hair LOVES itself and makes nasty knots when wet. Usually once it's dry detangling doesn't take much more than usual brushing would. My approach, with either my fingers or my tangle teezer, is to work from my ends up, running through my hair until I encounter knots. I untangle them from the bottom and by lightly tugging from the sides to open up the knots. Working from the top down just makes the knots tighter. I will, if a knot is really stubborn, just cut it out. My theory with that is that the hair is already damaged enough from the knotting that it's not worth trying to save - it will probably just knot again soon. I think this has been pretty consistent for a few years now. Keep in mind that classic was so long ago for me that it's hard to remember. I think back then more often I used a BBB and just brushed it through with that daily. Now I often just uses the tangle teezer once every 3 days or so and otherwise detangle with my fingers.

When I did a cute but ill-advised fake bob style last year and ended up with HUGE mats, my detangling approach was to slowly finger comb through it for an hour while drinking a beer (:p) and then douse my hair in conditioner for a deep soak the next day.

I really don't use any special products. I used to do baking soda washes and fancy tea rinses, but who has time for that? Now I just use whatever shampoo my partner has picked out (lately it's herbal essences), a massive amount of a cheap non-coney conditioner (cones are ok too, but they weight down my waves and make my hair feel plasticy eventually), and something acidic for a rinse (right now it's just white vinegar).

I just now saw that you indeed have iii hair. I mean, I gathered as much from the video. I think it's inspirational for me especially because of that, because I often think my hair at one point will get too heavy (my worst fear for growing it out), and thus might become unmanageable.
Yes, my hair is at iii, but it's on the low end of the iii measure, however. I think maybe 4.25", if memory serves. I did have a hard time with my hair pulling at the front of my scalp right around this time last year. Somehow the new weight wasn't balancing well anymore and the weight of the bun did pull enough to make my scalp sore near my forehead. I countered this by doing buns higher on my head, rather than lower on the back. Sectioning out the front bits and adding them to the bun separately also helped with this issue.

ashke50
April 9th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Wow! Gossamer your hair is totally stunning! :thudpile: The length and the condition and the waves, and the thickness at the ends! It's glorious!

MeowScat
April 9th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Love, love, love your hair! Happy Hairiversary, Gossamer! :D

gossamer
April 9th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Oh yes! I thought you started from BSL or maybe knee (from the photo you shared it looked like knee length when you joined in 2010) but your thing on the side says "BSL?" so I assumed you must have started in either of those places! (knee or BSL).

I last saw BSL about 16 years ago. :p

Here's a handy timeline I wrote up a few years ago:
In the spring of 1998, I had my scraggly waist/hip length hair trimmed to a solid BSL.

I consider this my starting point for wanting healthy long hair with trims. (Still wish someone had told me about conditioner then, however. That took another 5 years.) By that reckoning, I guess it's taken me almost 15 years to get to my current length? But that sounds wrong too.

By sometime in 2002, it was back to waist again even with the aggressive trims my hairdresser liked to give me. (I love her, this is in no way a condemnation of her methods.)

Fall 2003, I was at TBL.

Late 2005/early 2006 - Classic.

I got a huge trim in the summer of 2006 - Classic+a bit back up to hip - which I feel almost resets the count clock. But not totally, right? Hip is still long hair... but it did subtract about 4 years of growth...

May 2007 - SO starts trimming my hair instead of my stylist.

Feb 2008 - back at Classic.

April 2010 - join LHC, realize that I'm at "can I call this knee?"

Feb 2011 - declare myself at knee.

Dec 2012 - At calf.

meteor
April 9th, 2015, 04:12 PM
^ Thank you so very much for sharing your detangling techniques, gossamer! :flowers: Super-helpful! :applause

lapushka
April 9th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Yes, my hair is at iii, but it's on the low end of the iii measure, however. I think maybe 4.25", if memory serves. I did have a hard time with my hair pulling at the front of my scalp right around this time last year. Somehow the new weight wasn't balancing well anymore and the weight of the bun did pull enough to make my scalp sore near my forehead. I countered this by doing buns higher on my head, rather than lower on the back. Sectioning out the front bits and adding them to the bun separately also helped with this issue.

My hair is 4.25" as well. So that's encouraging! :D I have high'ish buns right now, about slightly higher than the middle of my head. Your bun is higher, though. Good to know this might be something to try! Thank you! :)

Angelica
April 9th, 2015, 04:14 PM
You really have amazing Rapunzel length hair. I love it. I'm sure I would never cut, but then I can never achieve those great lengths. Mine might make waist at a struggle, but I love seeing hair like yours. I've always wanted super long hair. You look lovely and your hair does, great condition! I think a lot of it is down to genetics though, many could try to grow their hair long like yours and never achieve anywhere near that length. Enjoy your hair - sorry some of the length has to go, but it will look good any long length I think :)

hypersensitive
April 9th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Wow that is awesome! Congrats gossamer!
Super blunt ends feel so good after a big trim. I know. :D

DizzyGinger
April 9th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Woowww! Gorgeous!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 9th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Gossamer, I know that I, for one would love to see your hair just moving on its own and slow motion is always so lovely. I loooove hair in slow motion!:)

If you are worried about the " type" of person watching your videos, maybe you could just share them on here? Hopefully we are more respectable than most:)

Atira
April 9th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Wow wow wow. Amazing hair and you are beautiful too!

Beatnik Guy
April 9th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Your hair is SO magnificent, gossamer!

:agape: and :thudpile:

I remember you joining -- is that really 5 years ago? (Then again, it seems to have been late November 2012 when I met you in Taipei!) :rolleyes:

Beckstar
April 9th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Happy Hair-iversary! Beautiful growth and WOW!

AspenSong
April 9th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Amazingly beautiful. :) I truly admire your hair - it's lovely! And happy 5 years! :)

arima
April 9th, 2015, 05:28 PM
I'm in awe, that's so very impressive (for a noob like me who can never resist the scissors this is unbelievable)! happy 5 years!!

Vanilla
April 9th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Congrats on your hairiversary! Truly thudworthy hair :)

Lindenare
April 9th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Gossamer, I've been in awe of your hair ever since I first saw a picture. It's magnificent. The thought of a big cut is sad, but it'll still be quite long, and the main thing is that you enjoy your hair. Congratulations on making it past floor, and keep sharing pictures!

I don't detangle right after a wash because my hair LOVES itself and makes nasty knots when wet. Usually once it's dry detangling doesn't take much more than usual brushing would.

With all the recommendations to detangle while wet that I see, I've been thinking that I'm the only one with this problem! Having hair saturated with conditioner doesn't help. I can't touch my hair with a comb until it's at least half dry. I never really thought it would be an obstacle to having very long hair, but it's nice to see that confirmed. (Also, I think we're practically hair twins.:) )

Arwenlily
April 9th, 2015, 07:47 PM
My mouth was literally wide open while watching your video. Glorious and beautiful hair!

EdG
April 9th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Congratulations on five years! :)

Your hair is beyond thudworthy. I am not sure how else to describe it. You are one of the board's greatest successes. :thudpile:
Ed

IndyAndy
April 9th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Your hair is a truly stunning inspiration! So lovely!

Teazel
April 9th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Everything about your hair is so beautiful, Gossamer. Congratulations on achieving such a thudworthy length! :thudpile:

HeavenlyTresses
April 9th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Congratulations on such a great milestone! You and your hair are both so beautiful! It's such and incredible length but I can understand wanting to trim it back a bit too. Stepping on it was something I was prepared for at that length but I didn't think about having to wear it up all the time. I hope we get to see many more pictures before you have it trimmed :)

DKSABS
April 9th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Your hair is amazing! Congratulations, and thanks so much for sharing your pix, video, and care routine. You are truly an inspiration!

Cowgirl16
April 9th, 2015, 10:05 PM
:thud:Congratulations in your Anniversary. Your hair is beautiful. You've always been one if my hairinspirations :o

Addy
April 10th, 2015, 02:58 AM
Wow! It's gorgeous and so are you!

gossamer
April 10th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Thank you Angelica, hypersensitive, DizzyGinger, Atria, Beckstar, AspenSong, arima, Vanilla, Lindenare, Arwenlily, IndyAndy, Teazel, HeavenlyTresses, DKSABS, Cowgirl16, and Addy! :inlove:

I think a lot of it is down to genetics though, many could try to grow their hair long like yours and never achieve anywhere near that length.
I totally agree! I think I just lucked out with the combination of hair genes I got from my parents.

My mom's hair is 1a/F/i and my dad's, back when he had hair, was probably 2c/M/ii/iii. But he went through this radical change in hair colors from white blonde as a child to dark brown and lots of grey (and mostly bald) by the age of 40, and now in his 60s what's left is all white. My brother seems to be going through the same color transition as my dad (started getting whites in his teens) without the premature balding, at least.

Meanwhile, I have thick hair which, to my consternation, isn't going white at all. I have maybe 3 white hairs? In my teens, I used to be really cranky about my brother having wavy hair while mine was straight, but it turns out I just had to wait because it's wavy now!

Gossamer, I know that I, for one would love to see your hair just moving on its own and slow motion is always so lovely. :scissors: maybe you could just share them on here?

Not a bad idea! I'll definitely consider doing that.

I remember you joining -- is that really 5 years ago? (Then again, it seems to have been late November 2012 when I met you in Taipei!)
Yes, it was! Such a cold and rainy day, and such a perfect time for a warm cup of tea with pleasant company! For those curious, here's the meet thread: tea in Taipei (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=108898&highlight=taipei)

With all the recommendations to detangle while wet that I see, I've been thinking that I'm the only one with this problem! Having hair saturated with conditioner doesn't help. I can't touch my hair with a comb until it's at least half dry. I never really thought it would be an obstacle to having very long hair, but it's nice to see that confirmed. (Also, I think we're practically hair twins.:) )

So, so glad to have helped you come to that realization! I actually remember an experienced hairdresser telling a junior hairdresser that about my hair ages ago and it was like a lightbulb went off for me. The poor junior hairdresser was struggling to get a wide toothed comb through my hair after washing it, adding so much coney leave in conditioner, and the experienced woman came over and said, "Her hair won't detangle while wet. Go get a hairdryer and work through slowly that way." and magically, I had super straight, silky, detangled hair afterwards.

I checked out your hair photos and I think you're right, we're close to being hair twins. I totally envy how thick your hair at the front of your head is, however. The bulk of my hair is concentrated on the back of my head, so I don't get such a thick starting braid when I do an Elling bun. You might also want to check out eresh's hair, she's my hair twin and I love looking at her braided updos because it's like looking at them on my own head without all the work. ;)

You are one of the board's greatest successes.
I'll only consider myself an LHC success if I also someday make it out to one of those amazing sounding Bay-area meets. You longhairs out there really know how to have a good time! :D

EdG
April 10th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I'll only consider myself an LHC success if I also someday make it out to one of those amazing sounding Bay-area meets. You longhairs out there really know how to have a good time! :DIf you are ever in the Bay Area, let us know and we will come running to meet you. :D
Ed

Quixii
April 10th, 2015, 11:05 AM
I'll only consider myself an LHC success if I also someday make it out to one of those amazing sounding Bay-area meets. You longhairs out there really know how to have a good time! :D

If you are ever in the Bay Area, let us know and we will come running to meet you. :D
Ed

Seriously, please come meet us, whatever the length of your hair! :crush:

endlessly
April 10th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I watched your video and my response was a very unladylike "holy crap". Because seriously? Holy crap! Your hair is gorgeous! Even if the ends are a fairy tale, the rest looks so thick and healthy! Wow, congratulations. I agree, take tons of pictures because in the world of LHC, that is a huge accomplishment.

MINAKO
April 10th, 2015, 11:20 AM
OMG, Gossamer you and your hair are gorgeous. And that bun!! +_+ Excuse me while i'm dying, i need a moment.
And please, please, pleaaaaase... do not cut all at once. I would suggest knee first and see how you feel about it. You can always go to fingertip after that.

:blossom: Happy anniversary!!!

spidermom
April 10th, 2015, 12:11 PM
OMG; that's some gorgeous hair!

nakima
April 10th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Oh my! it's so long and beautiul! I think calve length would be perfect if you do decide to cut back. It's so thick and healthy. How'd you do it? I am so inspired. Thank you for sharing!

neko_kawaii
April 10th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Had to come back to say I tried the pinning technique with my two forks that are now too small but I can't let go of yet, and it works a treat! Yay! I was really bummed at the prospect of giving these up and now I don't have to.

Lorzi
April 10th, 2015, 12:56 PM
O M G! :agape: I am so inspired! Congratulations on your anniversary!

nakima
April 10th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I last saw BSL about 16 years ago. :p

Here's a handy timeline I wrote up a few years ago:
In the spring of 1998, I had my scraggly waist/hip length hair trimmed to a solid BSL.

I consider this my starting point for wanting healthy long hair with trims. (Still wish someone had told me about conditioner then, however. That took another 5 years.) By that reckoning, I guess it's taken me almost 15 years to get to my current length? But that sounds wrong too.

By sometime in 2002, it was back to waist again even with the aggressive trims my hairdresser liked to give me. (I love her, this is in no way a condemnation of her methods.)

Fall 2003, I was at TBL.

Late 2005/early 2006 - Classic.

I got a huge trim in the summer of 2006 - Classic+a bit back up to hip - which I feel almost resets the count clock. But not totally, right? Hip is still long hair... but it did subtract about 4 years of growth...

May 2007 - SO starts trimming my hair instead of my stylist.

Feb 2008 - back at Classic.

April 2010 - join LHC, realize that I'm at "can I call this knee?"

Feb 2011 - declare myself at knee.

Dec 2012 - At calf.

So it only took 6 years to get from hip to calf, Thats awsome and gives me hope. I am just about to tbl again ha! had to do some trimming a while back due to splits and breakage. On my way again tho and looking forward to the journey. 9 years from hip to beyond floor I just can't believe it. Great job!

Yarrow
April 10th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Lovely hair! It's just wow!
And thank you for writing the timeline, that is very informative and inspirational.

diggem
April 10th, 2015, 01:33 PM
FWIW: I'm one of the men that visited your YouTube area, but I was learning how to do some of your braids and other updos. I'm the one that does my daughters' hair, and am always trying to find new ways, though their hair is only waist length.

diggem

Lady Katherine
April 10th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Congrats!!! Your hair is fabulous! So healthy looking! And I really enjoyed the video. :)

JadedByEntropy
April 10th, 2015, 04:23 PM
:thud: your hair is so pretty! :crush: and healthy! and shiny! and wow! :wacko: I could stare forever...it's so loooong!!!!

aw please don't cut too far back. It's perfect as it is.

Quixii
April 10th, 2015, 04:49 PM
FWIW: I'm one of the men that visited your YouTube area, but I was learning how to do some of your braids and other updos. I'm the one that does my daughters' hair, and am always trying to find new ways, though their hair is only waist length.

diggem
For the record, I don't think men like you are who she's talking about. I know men like you or Ed or Gumball or plenty of other wonderful men have visited my channel and I have no problems with it. But I've also had some men comment on my videos, and then out of curiosity I click to see their profile, and all they do on YouTube is comment about how beautiful long hair is on video after video of beautiful women with long hair, and yeah, it kinda skeeves me out.

Allie_snowflake
April 10th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Very beautiful and inspirational gossamer! Thank you very much for sharing your photos/video and your tips.

Crystawni
April 10th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Gorgeous hair, gossamer, and happy 5th hairiversary at LHC! Thank you so much for sharing with us along the way; you're a great inspiration. I look forward to your next hairventure, whatever you decide. You certainly have a mane worthy of thuddedness, and I reckon it's fantastic to see such a pretty and unusual colour at great length. Love the texture, too! Methinks I have the whites you're looking for, btw! :p

hypersensitive
April 10th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Yes, it was! Such a cold and rainy day, and such a perfect time for a warm cup of tea with pleasant company! For those curious, here's the meet thread: tea in Taipei (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=108898&highlight=taipei)

I actually remember reading that thread and I remember thinking that you had such gorgeous hair, inspiring me to grow mine out!

Indeed! Come out and join the fun! :toast:

Nan-C
April 10th, 2015, 10:07 PM
I am very new to this site, in fact, this is my first comment. But I had to stop and admire your beautiful hair. Congratulations on such a wonderful achievement. I hope that one day I am able to reach your lengths, and with such lovely hair. ��
You certainly are an inspiration.

Emanon
April 11th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Stunning! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

Hurven
April 11th, 2015, 04:38 AM
I just wanted to tell you that your hair is stunning and beautiful! :o

RavennaNight
April 11th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Wow! :thud: amazing hair!

gossamer
April 11th, 2015, 11:08 AM
For the record, I don't think men like you are who she's talking about. I know men like you or Ed or Gumball or plenty of other wonderful men have visited my channel and I have no problems with it. But I've also had some men comment on my videos, and then out of curiosity I click to see their profile, and all they do on YouTube is comment about how beautiful long hair is on video after video of beautiful women with long hair, and yeah, it kinda skeeves me out.

Thank you, Quixii, for stepping up to explain this so well for me while I was away all day yesterday. You're right and I really should have been more precise when I originally wrote my comment about youtube views.

LHC is a mixed-gender site that I love. When people of any gender seem to take their interest in long hair beyond practical levels of appreciation into creepy territory, we have a great crew of mods who take care of things behind the scenes. My impression of this board is that it's (forgive me for using a gender binary here, I understand it's more complicated than that but need to make a rough estimate) something like 85% female-identified users and 15% male-identified users. The fact that my youtube stats show almost a direct opposite proportion says to me that it's a bit of a different crowd of people that are interested in my videos over there than my long-hair-growing/long-hair-growth-supporting friends over here.

I hope that clarifies what I meant, and I'm sorry for originally answering in such a hurry that I misrepresented my views and may have alienated some LHC community members, which wasn't my intention.

gossamer
April 11th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Thank you endlessly, MINAKO, spidermom, nakima, Lorzi, Yarrow, Lady Katherine, JadedByEntropy, Allie_snowflake, Crystawni, Nan-C, Emanon, Hurven, and RavennaNight!

How'd you do it?
Patience and benign neglect, mostly!

Had to come back to say I tried the pinning technique with my two forks that are now too small but I can't let go of yet, and it works a treat! Yay! I was really bummed at the prospect of giving these up and now I don't have to.
:cheer: Yay!

Methinks I have the whites you're looking for, btw! :p
Trade you! I walked into a job interview meeting last month and the first thing someone said to me is "I thought you'd be older." I imagine some whites might help me look more like someone who can teach college students, rather than a college student myself! :p

neko_kawaii
April 11th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Trade you! I walked into a job interview meeting last month and the first thing someone said to me is "I thought you'd be older." I imagine some whites might help me look more like someone who can teach college students, rather than a college student myself! :p

Time for grey highlights? Maybe tie some tinsel into your hair?

DaveDecker
April 11th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Time for grey highlights? Maybe tie some tinsel into your hair?

:lol:

gossamer - After you start working your new job, trust me, it's only a matter of time until you get the gray hairs (due to the stress of the job). This seems kind of like a chicken-or-egg problem. :)

EdG
April 11th, 2015, 12:08 PM
LHC is a mixed-gender site that I love. When people of any gender seem to take their interest in long hair beyond practical levels of appreciation into creepy territory, we have a great crew of mods who take care of things behind the scenes. My impression of this board is that it's (forgive me for using a gender binary here, I understand it's more complicated than that but need to make a rough estimate) something like 85% female-identified users and 15% male-identified users. The fact that my youtube stats show almost a direct opposite proportion says to me that it's a bit of a different crowd of people that are interested in my videos over there than my long-hair-growing/long-hair-growth-supporting friends over here.gossamer - Don't worry. Your comments were perfectly understandable. :)

I too like that LHC includes both women and men, and that everyone here either has long hair or is growing long hair. That makes LHC a much nicer environment than anywhere else.
Ed

Avis
April 11th, 2015, 12:09 PM
:thudpile:

Woooow. Amazing! Thank you for sharing.

FallingDarkness
April 11th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Wow, I'd do anything for hair THAT gorgeous. Really. Wow. I'm in love with your hair. Sooooo healthy and long... How long have you been growing? Do you trim ever? Even with your taper your hair is still magnificent.

missrandie
April 11th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Holy wow!
I agree with the others.. you don't need to take much to get rid of the fairytale ends.
Your hair is fantastic and beautiful! Congratulations, and thank you for showing us your gorgeous locks!

gossamer
April 11th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Thank you Avis, FallingDarkness, & missrandie !

@neko_kawaii: :rollin: Remind me to buy tinsel at after-christmas sales this year. Or white shoe polish...

@DaveDecker: I suspect you're right about that! With everything going on with job search and school this past year, I see a shimmer around my temples that I didn't used to have, but it's not identifiably silver yet.

How long have you been growing? Do you trim ever?

Click here for a growth timeline. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130821&page=7&p=2985714#post2985714)

Click here for some of my trimming history.
(http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130821&page=6&p=2985704&viewfull=1#post2985704)

:flower:

Lippytoes
April 11th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Ohh Gossamer your hair is always so amazing and it's pretty awe-inspiring to see it's so long now. :crush: Loved the bun video too - cool to see that doing a cinnabun really isn't all that complicated even on super-long hair.

FallingDarkness
April 11th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Wow. Simply amazing. Such a long journey to beyond floor length hair - the longest hair I've ever seen, even on LHC - and sooo worth it. I don't think I could keep up with the maintenance. You must use like an entire bottle of conditioner for all that hair!!!! And I can't believe you were able to trim so often and continually make progress. <3 Be proud of your gorgeous mane!!!!

Savvyhorsez
April 11th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Looks amazing! Happy Anniversary!

Crystawni
April 11th, 2015, 06:22 PM

You're going to need loooooong tinsel or a buttload of shoe polish! :p And yeah, good luck with the whites aging you with your colouring (skin and hair); people still don't think I'm in my 30s yet, let alone later 40s. Oh, and teaching college sounds awesome--I actually hope it keeps you young!

WaimeaWahine
April 11th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Congratulations! :flower:

At first I was looking at your post and thinking, "Wow that's a lot of work." But once you started the updo - doesn't seem like much work at all. :)

allycat
April 12th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Gossamer, your hair is stunning! I also like it at the length when you started at LHC. I look forward to seeing what length you settle on, when you go shorter to wear it down.

Question about your routine: it sounds like you only shampoo your scalp and just use conditioner on your length, including some applied as a leave-in. Does the conditioner ever seem to build up, and do you ever have to clarify?

Cornflake
April 12th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Just wow :thud:

CastaDiva
April 12th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Absolutely stunning hair! Congratulations on your 5 year LHC anniversary :)

Amapola
April 12th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Thank you so much for posting your fantastic photos and video - and big congratulations on 5 years! Your hair is stunning. I am very inspired. Thanks for the timeline - it's given me a lot of hope for attaining my hair goals. It's just awesome to see such lovely hair.

Medievalmaniac
April 12th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I meant to reply sooner, but congratulations on this wonderful milestone. I look forward to many more years of your wonderful hair pictures! :)

shola-faye
April 12th, 2015, 12:52 PM
What beautiful hair and such lovely waves!

Zebra Fish
April 12th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Wow! That's some beautiful hair! So much thickness at that length! Hope you will share some of that photos you intend to make before cutting it :flower:

Eastbound&Down
April 12th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Watching that video was jaw dropping! So beautiful, you and your hair :)

Gaelic Girl
April 12th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Wonderful! congratulations!!!!!!

fairytails
April 12th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Beautiful. :blossom:

Adiro
April 12th, 2015, 11:56 PM
You are incredibly beautiful an your hair is, well, nothing short of fantastic! I wanted to use the word unreal, because for me it's liek a dream, but then I was afraid of being misunderstood.... Thank you so much for sharing this, you make me gaina bit of hope and a lot patience, now :)
Don't cut too much of it, it's just too beautiful as is...

LadyLongLocks
April 13th, 2015, 07:57 AM
How fun to find someone with similar length :) Your hair looks awesome! I feel very much the same way you do at this length and am also going shorter after I document it more...but I don't want to talk about my hair here! Love your Helix Bun tutorial on youtube! Hope you make more tutorials. Thank you for sharing!:blossom:

gossamer
April 13th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Thank you lippytoes, FallingDarkness, Savvyhorsez, WaimeaWahine, allycat, Cornflake, CastaDiva, Amapola, Medievalmaniac, shola-faye, Zebra Fish, Eastbound&Down, Gaelic Girl, fairytails, & Adiro!

You must use like an entire bottle of conditioner for all that hair!!!!

Maybe about a quarter of one 15oz bottle each time, actually. Not as much as you think!

Question about your routine: it sounds like you only shampoo your scalp and just use conditioner on your length, including some applied as a leave-in. Does the conditioner ever seem to build up, and do you ever have to clarify?

Oh, good point! I do clarify the length when my hair needs it, which is more often when I'm using coney conditioner and less often when I skip the cones. Probably once every 2-3 months.

How fun to find someone with similar length :) Your hair looks awesome! I feel very much the same way you do at this length and am also going shorter after I document it more...but I don't want to talk about my hair here! Love your Helix Bun tutorial on youtube! Hope you make more tutorials. Thank you for sharing!:blossom:

Your hair is so much thicker and lovelier than mine, so thank you so much for your compliments! I'm glad to hear you understand about how I feel about this length. I know a lot of people who've commented here seem shocked and saddened I'd want to cut shorter again, but it's just harder to enjoy when it's heavy and difficult to brush through.

I'd love to make more tutorials but not sure what I have to teach! I do quite a limited range of buns at this point and braiding, as you know, takes forever. :D But I'll try to think of some to film.

Brattina88
April 13th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Good grief I don't know HOW I missed this thread up until now, but I just wanted to say that you and your hair are gorgeous! Wow, what an inspiration - thank you SO much for sharing with us, and allowing us to pick your brain on your hair care routine :) it seems like such an amazing accomplishment to me, if my hair is half the length and gorgeousness of yours I'd be happy!!! :p

diggem
April 13th, 2015, 02:19 PM

Hi Quixii,

Thanks for the complement. I can understand your perspective. If these "people" were doing these things to my daughters, I would not be happy. There are other groups I'm involved in where guys completely cross the line, as far as what is appropriate, never mind whether it is even welcomed or not.

diggem

brickworld13
April 13th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Hi Quixii,

Thanks for the complement. I can understand your perspective. If these "people" were doing these things to my daughters, I would not be happy. There are other groups I'm involved in where guys completely cross the line, as far as what is appropriate, never mind whether it is even welcomed or not.

diggem

Yeah that is a problem across most of the internet. Sometimes even just walking down the street. I do my best to not appear pretty from a distance because it draws too much attention to me that I do not want. I realize that once I put something online, it could be potentially used for any purpose, but that doesn't make me any less angry when I discover it being used in unscrupulous ways. Know what I mean?

diggem
April 13th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Thank you, Quixii, for stepping up to explain this so well for me while I was away all day yesterday. You're right and I really should have been more precise when I originally wrote my comment about youtube views.

LHC is a mixed-gender site that I love. When people of any gender seem to take their interest in long hair beyond practical levels of appreciation into creepy territory, we have a great crew of mods who take care of things behind the scenes. My impression of this board is that it's (forgive me for using a gender binary here, I understand it's more complicated than that but need to make a rough estimate) something like 85% female-identified users and 15% male-identified users. The fact that my youtube stats show almost a direct opposite proportion says to me that it's a bit of a different crowd of people that are interested in my videos over there than my long-hair-growing/long-hair-growth-supporting friends over here.

I hope that clarifies what I meant, and I'm sorry for originally answering in such a hurry that I misrepresented my views and may have alienated some LHC community members, which wasn't my intention.

Hi gossamer,

Just to be clear, I was not offended or alienated in any way.

FWIW: I believe that you can make your Youtube page private and invite people that you want to enjoy and learn from your videos.

diggem

diggem
April 13th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Yeah that is a problem across most of the internet. Sometimes even just walking down the street. I do my best to not appear pretty from a distance because it draws too much attention to me that I do not want. I realize that once I put something online, it could be potentially used for any purpose, but that doesn't make me any less angry when I discover it being used in unscrupulous ways. Know what I mean?

brickworld13,

I know exactly what you mean. I use to take videos of kids gathering for Prom, usually to take photos and what not. I'd do this for individuals and the school. I put some of them online and have found them in places I never intended. Fortunately, there is nothing pornographic about them, so that have not appeared on adult sites. I have had to deal with someone selling them online (they violated my copyright, and thought re-editing it made it theirs).

diggem

dellad
April 13th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Absolutely incredible hair, Gossamer!

MeAndTheMaz
April 13th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I don't know what I could possibly add that already hasn't been said. Except:

You know you're a longhair when:

All the longhairs on a long hair forum are in awe of your long hair. :eek:

ETA: I mean, how big a thudpile can you have?

Congrats on five years and floor length. :beerchug:

EdG
April 13th, 2015, 06:31 PM

All the longhairs on a long hair forum are in awe of your long hair. :eek:You win the Internet for that quote. :hifive:
Ed

divinedobbie
April 13th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Your hair is simply amazing. :thudpile:

StarsandFire
April 13th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Hi Gossamer, just wanted to stop by and say that your hair is truly amazing and beyond gorgeous. I'm new to the community and this is such an inspiration for me.

Stangenlocke
April 14th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Oh my!!!! :shocked: That is gorgeous hair, gossamer! I will aim for it but doubt that I will ever achieve it - wow!!!

Linguaphilia
April 14th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I don't know what I could possibly add that already hasn't been said. Except:

All the longhairs on a long hair forum are in awe of your long hair. :eek:

ETA: I mean, how big a thudpile can you have?

Congrats on five years and floor length. :beerchug:

This :p

I had been following this thread ever since it appeared, but didn't know what to say that hadn't been said before. MeAndTheMaz worded it perfectly.

paulam89
April 14th, 2015, 12:05 PM
;) your hair is just simply stunning gossamer. I am truly envious!

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary here at LHC, please continue to post such interesting pics and videos, keep us all wishing :)

Nightshade
April 14th, 2015, 12:18 PM
So beautiful :) I was glad to read you're considering professional photos, you'll be glad you have them!

Remi
April 16th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Beautiful hair :)

gossamer
April 16th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Oops, looks like I missed seeing a bunch of comments while I was off sulking about some real-life setback. Sorry friends! I ought to have come back here for some cheering up!

Thank you Brattina88, dellad, MeAndTheMaz, divinedobbie, StarsandFire, Stangenlocke, Linguaphilia, paulam89, Nightshade, and Remi!

Your kind words mean a lot to me. :inlove:

chen bao jun
April 17th, 2015, 08:00 PM
I have to resurrect this. GORGEOUS.

cat11
April 17th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I love that video... it''s even better than the pictures because we can see your hair moving! And that giant bun!! I loved when it was already in a huge bun with 3 coils and the tail still reached classic length. I think if I ever get to floor (please, hair gods) I would like to wear that style!

bluebreezes
April 21st, 2015, 09:44 AM
gossamer, your hair's so beautiful and inspiring to stick with it and believe in the possibilities!