PDA

View Full Version : Aussie or other drugstore shampoo/conditioner

Lavendersugar
April 8th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I like to have variety in the shower. I already have a few loves such as Pantene Aqualight, conditioner Tresemme Undone (s&c) & the naturals moisture conditioner, Suave naturals strawberry s&c
I use Stony Brook shampoo and Jason fragrance free shampoo most often then one of my conditioners.

Only requirements: shampoo does not have SLS (after so many issues for years this was the source of my dermatitis), no cones in shampoo if possible but conditioner is fine , no Shea butter or argan oil

Considering Aussie as I recall loving it before. Looking at volume shampoo and not sure about conditioner. The shine or clean one maybe. Even the split end spray too. Do not get split ends but it sounds like a good spray.

Any other suggestions or thoughts?
My scalp is oily and ends can get a little dry. Hair can easily boarder on over moisture and look greasy but I prefer that over dry. I air dry 99% of the time except cold winter days then just dry roots. Hair is straight with body but henna removed my waves.

Open to suggestions but needs to be mainstream drugstore. Very limited budget.

Feel to share what you love or hate as both will help.

MINAKO
April 9th, 2015, 03:07 AM
Im not sure about drugstore products in other countries, as i live in germany i happen to favour Alterra and Jean&Len for the specifications you gave. But i just ordered some conditioner from a brand thats internationally available and likewise. I'm a CO washer by the way, so i cant really tell you anything usefull about shampoos in general exept the fact that none of them worked for me.
Anyways, the haircare line is called insight and you can find it here http://www.alexandar-cosmetics.com/en/category/insight-hair-line-0 The prices are very good looking at the ingredients list. I hope there is something you would want to try.

ETA: i found their own website too, http://www.envyorganica.com/category.jhtm?cid=304

Rosetta
April 9th, 2015, 03:47 AM
I think all Aussie shampoos do have SLS...

lapushka
April 9th, 2015, 12:06 PM
For conditioner you could try the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's awesome for F hair, doesn't weigh it down but is an amazing detangler! And you could try Pantene's volumizing shampoo (doesn't have cones).

Lavendersugar
April 9th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Im not sure about drugstore products in other countries, as i live in germany i happen to favour Alterra and Jean&Len for the specifications you gave. But i just ordered some conditioner from a brand thats internationally available and likewise. I'm a CO washer by the way, so i cant really tell you anything usefull about shampoos in general exept the fact that none of them worked for me.
Anyways, the haircare line is called insight and you can find it here http://www.alexandar-cosmetics.com/en/category/insight-hair-line-0 The prices are very good looking at the ingredients list. I hope there is something you would want to try.

ETA: i found their own website too, http://www.envyorganica.com/category.jhtm?cid=304

Thank you, bookmarked for when I can afford online shopping. Looks like nice products.

I think all Aussie shampoos do have SLS...

The volume has SLeS and ALS but not SLS. I've not tried ALS as I've stuck with SmS and SLES but I was sulfate free while doing lots of testing and had to avoid all kinds of things. Was not fun.

Strike all that, as I went to pick up the Aussie today and it looks as if they are changing the formula. The small bottles have the same info as a friend has on her bottle but the large bottles had SLS.

For conditioner you could try the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's awesome for F hair, doesn't weigh it down but is an amazing detangler! And you could try Pantene's volumizing shampoo (doesn't have cones).

I'd love too but it has SLS as I most idf not all of Pantene shampoos have it. That is why I've only used their conditioner.

hypersensitive
April 9th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Try the clear scalp line. It's cheap. Also look for shampoos formulated for color treated hair. Usually they are gentler and have a higher chance of containing no SLS.

lapushka
April 10th, 2015, 03:19 AM
I'd love too but it has SLS as I most idf not all of Pantene shampoos have it. That is why I've only used their conditioner.

Oh, I wasn't sure whether the brands you mentioned were shampoo or conditioner. My bad. I just assumed. :o Try Lavera as a shampoo, maybe? If you can find that brand. Research the ingredients first, though. Or Organic Surge. I'm not sure whether you are in the UK or US.

Lavendersugar
April 11th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Try the clear scalp line. It's cheap. Also look for shampoos formulated for color treated hair. Usually they are gentler and have a higher chance of containing no SLS.

Thank you

Oh, I wasn't sure whether the brands you mentioned were shampoo or conditioner. My bad. I just assumed. :o Try Lavera as a shampoo, maybe? If you can find that brand. Research the ingredients first, though. Or Organic Surge. I'm not sure whether you are in the UK or US.

I am in the US.

Think I am giving up and sticking with what I have for shampoo. They work just fine and I have 4 choices. That is more than enough. Trying to find something else in my small price range is not easy. Even harder in my small town. I am lucky to have found things.

As for conditioner I have a few choices just wanted one more with Summer coming. Plus a scent change.
Picking up Aussie volume and will see how it goes.

lapushka
April 11th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Picking up Aussie volume and will see how it goes.

Good luck! :)

Lavendersugar
April 12th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Good luck! :)

Thanks, after some sinus issues I'm passing on it. Guess I'll stay with what I have, like the saying goes "if it ain't broke...".

It will help curb my budget too and gives me more to save.