PDA

View Full Version : Please help classify my hair type :)

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Being "new" in the wavy world, I really have no idea what hair type my hair is ... I was thinking a 2b/2c ? Or is that completely wrong ? Please help me :) <3 ( Btw these pictures are from over two years ago )
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/6341/fe5RzY.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img537/8176/cvoh8F.jpg

Begemot
April 8th, 2015, 07:09 AM
I would say at least 2c. Your length actually looks pretty curly to me so you could be in the category of 3's. Lovely hair, so shiny! :)

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I would say at least 2c. Your length actually looks pretty curly to me so you could be in the category of 3's. Lovely hair, so shiny! :)

Thank you so much :* I feel like now that it is longer, the waves/curls start closer to the roots than back then, so I would say that it is even wavier/curlier now.

Auni
April 8th, 2015, 07:48 AM
I deem you a botticelli, like me! I have TONS of wave, as my hair grows longer, it gets curlier and forms about 1inch ringlets. Botticellies typically have fine hair that is dense, super shiny, and can easily be blown straight with a blow drier. I have problems classifying my hair type, because I seem to have them all on my head, from 1c around the nape to 3a in the canopy, another botticelli trait. Does this sounds right to you?

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 08:58 AM
I deem you a botticelli, like me! I have TONS of wave, as my hair grows longer, it gets curlier and forms about 1inch ringlets. Botticellies typically have fine hair that is dense, super shiny, and can easily be blown straight with a blow drier. I have problems classifying my hair type, because I seem to have them all on my head, from 1c around the nape to 3a in the canopy, another botticelli trait. Does this sounds right to you?

omg yes I feel like you just described me !! Then maybe I am a botticelli :D Btw your hair is very beautiful!! Thank you for helping me out! :*

Auni
April 8th, 2015, 09:13 AM
omg yes I feel like you just described me !! Then maybe I am a botticelli :D Btw your hair is very beautiful!! Thank you for helping me out! :*

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you agree! It feels great when you find out about your hair, now you get play! I'm going to post a link to my favorite botticelli babe, she has great tips on how she handles her hair;) Good luck!https://meghandidit.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/curly-hair/
FYI: I don't use all the products she lists, but I do know that anything with magnesium sulfate takes my curls to megawatt twirlage!!

ETA: I was looking at YOUR picture and my daughter said, "Oh mommy, your hair looks really pretty in those pictures!"

Anje
April 8th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I'd say 2c/3a or maybe a full 3a. :D

lapushka
April 8th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I vote 2c/3a as well. I see quite a few ringlets.

Larki
April 8th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Ooooh, you have beautiful hair!!

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Thank you! I'm glad to hear you agree! It feels great when you find out about your hair, now you get play! I'm going to post a link to my favorite botticelli babe, she has great tips on how she handles her hair;) Good luck!https://meghandidit.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/curly-hair/
FYI: I don't use all the products she lists, but I do know that anything with magnesium sulfate takes my curls to megawatt twirlage!!

ETA: I was looking at YOUR picture and my daughter said, "Oh mommy, your hair looks really pretty in those pictures!"

Hahaha aaaww thats so sweet <3 And yes it feels great!! :D I've been so confused trying to figure out my hair type, googling all the different types to try to find what was mostly similar to mine, which actually confused me even more :p So thank you soo so much , ALL of you!! <3
And I will definitely check out her website ! :D :* And thank you so much @Larki , your hair is also very beautiful! ( I have no idea how to tag people in comments here ? :p )

Arctic
April 8th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I have no idea how to tag people in comments here ?

Unfortunately this forum doesn't support tagging people. Hopefully the next update will add that function!

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately this forum doesn't support tagging people. Hopefully the next update will add that function!

Oh ok good to know, thank you :)

gthlvrmx
April 8th, 2015, 12:54 PM
You are a 2c/3a, maybe even a 3a.

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 01:07 PM
You are a 2c/3a, maybe even a 3a.

Thank you for helping me figure it out :) :*