PDA

View Full Version : So I need some advice...

Gigix
April 7th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Hello all! First time poster here:o.
So I'll start with my hair from the beginning..
I always had Classic hair up until last year when I went and chopped it to about APL and I really did love it. So a year went by without any trims and my hair was About WL (this was middle of February). I decided I wanted another change and booked the appointment for that Saturday. So in I went and told the hairdresser what I wanted, which was long layers in the front and to be cut up to APL again. Well she ended up cutting long layers all through my hairshudder:. She was half way through my hair when I looked up from the magazine... I honestly hate the layers in my hair. I can't do any plaits or buns because the hairs tend to stick out in every direction and eventually just end up falling out of the plait. It's driving me mad!

I want to grow my hair out again as I miss my long hair now :(, and I want these layers gone asap. I'm trying to decide what's the best way to go about this:

1. I get my hair trimmed to the longest layer and continue to do this until all layers are gone or

2. Let it grow out for another couple of months and get a blunt cut?

I would love to get some input and advice on what to do! Thanks in advance!

Seeshami
April 7th, 2015, 06:03 PM
I would slowly cut out your layers unless you really just cannot cope with them. If they make you hate your hair make them go, but if you can live grow them out.

Chromis
April 7th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Welcome!

I'm going to scoot his over to the mane forum where more people will see it :cool:

I would just keep slowly trimming myself. If you go too short you can't put it up at all and those pre-bun lengths used to drive me nuts. The layers will catch up eventually and when the longest one is a reasonable length, I would then do a blunt cut.

Islandgrrl
April 7th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I think I would take it slowly and gradually get rid of the layers. It's actually what I did when I grew my hair out.