PDA

View Full Version : Badly layered cut.. growing out

Ansaphone
April 7th, 2015, 04:31 AM
So, I used to have gorgeous long hair with blunt bangs which I dyed brown recently and I loved it.. but now it is ruined because the hairdresser did not listen to what I wanted and, next to taking away length, cut layers in it. I have no idea why she thought they would look good, I do straighten my hair quite often but these layers are just so short that they turn inwards whenever I go outside, making my hair look like this weird Rachel-from-Friends cut. I absolutely hate it and I have been wearing it in a ponytail for a month now.

The difference between layers is 10 cm, and I plan to go to the hairdresser every 8 weeks to first cut 2 cm, then another 2, until it is all one length. But it saddens me that I cannot wear it down. I feel like Gwen Stacy every day, and even though Gwen is hot, it gets boring!

Here is a picture just after straightening, it doesn't get better than this:(
http://i58.tinypic.com/28chpa8.jpg

Ansaphone
April 7th, 2015, 06:39 AM
So, I used to have gorgeous long hair with blunt bangs which I dyed brown recently and I loved it.. but now it is ruined because the hairdresser did not listen to what I wanted and, next to taking away length, cut layers in it. I have no idea why she thought they would look good, I do straighten my hair quite often but these layers are just so short that they turn inwards whenever I go outside, making my hair look like this weird Rachel-from-Friends cut. I absolutely hate it and I have been wearing it in a ponytail for a month now.

The difference between layers is 10 cm, and I plan to go to the hairdresser every 8 weeks to first cut 2 cm, then another 2, until it is all one length. But it saddens me that I cannot wear it down. I feel like Gwen Stacy every day, and even though Gwen is hot, it gets boring!

Here is a picture just after straightening, it doesn't get better than this:(
http://i58.tinypic.com/28chpa8.jpg

Does anyone have tips for growing hair faster/ fun updos for bangs?

lapushka
April 7th, 2015, 07:12 AM
It does seem pretty heavily layered, but not bad at all. I hope you get back to a blunt cut soon. You'll get there, and you have a plan, so that's good. Maybe try the inversion method, or caffeine rinses, they are all threads on this forum. Good luck!

Ansaphone
April 7th, 2015, 08:27 AM
It does seem pretty heavily layered, but not bad at all. I hope you get back to a blunt cut soon. You'll get there, and you have a plan, so that's good. Maybe try the inversion method, or caffeine rinses, they are all threads on this forum. Good luck!
Is there a way for the hairdresser to get rid of the tapering?

lapushka
April 7th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Is there a way for the hairdresser to get rid of the tapering?

No. Your plan was great. Trimming 1-2 cm every month or so, or two months and then waiting until the layers catch up. There's not more you can do, if you don't want to have your hair cut short at once.

gwenalyn
April 7th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Slowly trimming out the layers is what I'm doing, too. Yes, it takes a long time and I get impatient. In the meantime, though, let me assure you that your hair looks really nice! I get that it's not what you wanted, but it's very pretty and wearable.

ladonna
April 7th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I think your hair looks nice. I've messed up my hair so many times that it's no longer a big deal, I will just wear it in a bun or ponytail to hide it for a few months and then start slowly fixing it. I love cutting my hair and trying new cuts, I think this is the main reason I grow it long, I'm the only one who notices any mistakes because I don't think people notice anything besides length and color of other people hair. Maybe texture too.

Ansaphone
April 8th, 2015, 01:13 AM
So it's not a big deal if I wear it up for a few months? I feel weird doing so, but I am really displeased with it down! I think after 6 months it will probably be wearable again, there won't be as much layering... but it seems like forever!

Ansaphone
April 8th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Also do bangs grow faster than the rest of your hair?

Islandgrrl
April 8th, 2015, 11:49 AM
No. They grow along with the rest of your hair. It just seems like they grow faster because of the whole maintenance thing.

Also do bangs grow faster than the rest of your hair?

Ansaphone
April 8th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Good to know. Then my hair grows really fast. Started taking biotin today... hope that speedens it.

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I think your hair looks nice to be honest, but I understand, I have the same problem now too, I'm also taking biotin and I've started doing oil massages 4 times a week with castor oil and coconut oil ( just started a week ago ), I've read that it has worked for many people, speeding up their hair growth, by strengthening the hair and increasing the blood circulation I guess, so maybe this is something you could try ? I wear it in a bun at home, to protect it, but I like to wear it down when I go out, and just try to not hate it so much. I think you should try to embrace it and not think about it too much :)

butter52
April 8th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I personally like it, but oh well.

Maybe you can wear it curly/wavy see if you like it better and so you dont get so bored while it grows?

divinedobbie
April 8th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Your hair looks just as layered as my hair is, and I wear it down all the time. I can handle the layering for now so I'm growing to waist before trimming out the layers. I understand that the layers are annoying but I still think your hair looks fine and you could wear it down.

Ansaphone
April 9th, 2015, 12:11 AM
The problem is the curling mainly. It just won't stay straight! If it remained like this all day I wouldn't mind. :(

Ansaphone
April 10th, 2015, 05:42 AM
I wonder if I slightly let the hairdresser trim the layers with scissor rather than with a razor, they will lie flat again?

Ansaphone
April 10th, 2015, 07:46 AM
https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11075152_10153207533707952_7968361205771013946_n.j pg?oh=3b7eb11b00fb4078c2cf30e74bdbc4da&oe=55B2EFE7

Here you an see the flippiness.. this picture was taken a month ago.

lapushka
April 10th, 2015, 10:27 AM
https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11075152_10153207533707952_7968361205771013946_n.j pg?oh=3b7eb11b00fb4078c2cf30e74bdbc4da&oe=55B2EFE7

I see nothing "flippy" about it! It's *so* pretty! :)

ReadingRenee
April 10th, 2015, 10:57 AM
I seriously think we are our own worst critics when it comes to our hair. I have been guilty of that many times. I think your hair looks great! I know it's not what you want or are used to but seriously looks awesome. I think it looks quite good on you. Just try to have fun with it since now you know you probably won't have layers in the future. :)

Ansaphone
April 10th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Hmmm I can try.. but I am now in the ponytail stage. Maybe after a month or 3 when the shortest layers have grown out a little.

Lorzi
April 10th, 2015, 11:33 AM
I think your hair is so beautiful! Flippy or not, a lovely colour and looks so silky :) I know how you feel about the layers, once I had layers as short as 2.5 inches! It unfortunately takes a lot of tolerance and patience for it to grow :( In the meanwhile because you have beautiful bangs, updos would look very cute! Even a simple ponytail or bun.

gwenalyn
April 10th, 2015, 02:23 PM

Honestly, it looks like you just had a professional blow out.

Ansaphone
April 12th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Thank you! I am wearing it in a ponytail now. How do you manage the waiting? I feel like it is taking forever! Every day I am counting the days until my next trim...

Seventy7
April 12th, 2015, 07:03 AM
The best way to manage the waiting is to put your hair up and go do something else. It just takes time and looking at it more often does not make time go faster.

Try to find some updo's you're happy with and rock those. That wat you can feel happy with your hair and the wait will seem shorter.

M-L-E
April 12th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents and say, your hair looks really nice and healthy! As everyone has said, up-dos must look soooooooo cute. And I totally understand that everyone has their own preferred styles, but I think your hair would suit being wavy! Perfect hair does not necessarily mean poker-straight hair... :)

BrightEyes
April 12th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I also think your hair looks very pretty. And you are very beautiful :) But I do understand the frustration of not liking a cut. I agree with what others have said to wear your hair up for awhile to let the layers grow out and to get it off your mind.