PDA

View Full Version : best blue hair color?

Obsidian
April 6th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Can anyone recommend a good semi permanent blue hair dye that won't fade to green?

Blue Mermaid
April 6th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Joico Cobalt Blue. On pre lightened hair it went icy blue on me. I waited 6 months for it to fade out, but nope, never came 100% out. Henna couldn't even cover it up..If you seriously want blue hair for the foreseeable future, that is the way to go in my opinion. I have tried:RAW, Special Effects, Pravana, Manic Panic, Directions, etc...nothing compares to Joico in my opinion. But I do believe it is professional only. You may have to get in touch with a hair stylist to see if they can obtain it for you. But, if your hair is darker or has a lot of yellow/warm tones, it is always going to come out green. Just forewarning. Yellow+Blue=Green. That is unchangeable, undeniable fact..

If you would like to see pictures, I think I have a before on the henna thread somewhere from last April.

Obsidian
April 6th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I have blonde hair but it is warm toned, guess blue won't be a good option for me. I'll have to look into other colors and see if I can find a salon that uses Joico.

pastina
April 6th, 2015, 08:19 PM
its true about your base color showing through semi-permanent color. but, some blues will fade green even over very light hair because they are green-based. if you can find one you like, a purple-leaning blue might fade better for you-- towards gray rather than toward murky green.

minaa
April 6th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Brands that I've enjoyed: Special Effects, Punky, and the one everyone knows: Manic Panic. I've used ion color brilliance brights for my reds, and they're quite nice. They don't have a huge range like the others, but they have a nice royal blue (closer to indigo) that would help you avoid greenifying your hair.

Obsidian
April 7th, 2015, 08:52 PM
I was looking for something closer to aqua or turquoise, I don't like any purple in the blue at all. I'm thinking about trying pink instead, with my natural color it might fade to a peachy color and that would be awesome. Maybe I'll just grab whatever I can find for now and worry about a good brand if I decide to keep the color.

pastina
April 7th, 2015, 09:24 PM
aqua and turquoise both would fade green. pink is super fun- make sure to post pictures!!