PDA

View Full Version : How Long's your BSL?

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM
I am wondering how the lenghth varies on different people for the BSL length! Also, How Long did it take to Get There?

I'm BArley BSL, and it measures 23.5 inches! It took me 2 years to grow it from a lil bit above shoulders to the current length. Seems kind of slow, but it was definatley attributed to my lack of knowlege; Seems to grow "quicker" now a days as my hair experience grows!

lora410
October 1st, 2008, 09:29 PM
24 for me. and from SL it took me 1.5 years.

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 09:33 PM
24 for me. and from SL it took me 1.5 years.

Cool, how tall are you? I'm 5' 6".

lizzyjo
October 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM
Mine measures at 29.5" right now and it's about an inch or two below BSL. I'm 5'7".

Oskimosa
October 1st, 2008, 09:46 PM
BSL is 23-24", depending on the bra because they all fit a bit differently. I'm 5'5", but very short waisted. I think that has something to do with it. I'm glad I checked, because at 20", I realized I am not terribly far from BSL!! :D

lora410
October 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Cool, how tall are you? I'm 5' 6".

Nope 5'9 and long legged. I say I have a fairly normal torso..lol

kowlrea
October 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM
24 " for me

MsBubbles
October 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM
My BSL is at 25" (on the lowest-sitting bra I have). It took me a year to get here from somewhere between shoulder & APL. I am 5 ft 10. It's a mile until my waist.

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Mine measures at 29.5" right now and it's about an inch or two below BSL. I'm 5'7".

Oh Snaps! thats very long! that would be about my waist on me. Does 1" taller make that much of a difference? I kind of wear my bra strap kind of high though....I have a very short torso with long legs.....I'm Akward! LOL:)

1nuitblanche
October 1st, 2008, 09:58 PM
Around 25" or 26" I think. But I'm not sure because I think I was already at BSL when I started measuring.

Oskimosa
October 1st, 2008, 09:59 PM
Oh Snaps! thats very long! that would be about my waist on me. Does 1" taller make that much of a difference? I kind of wear my bra strap kind of high though....I have a very short torso with long legs.....I'm Akward! LOL:)

It's ok, me too :p

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 10:05 PM
My BSL is at 25" (on the lowest-sitting bra I have). It took me a year to get here from somewhere between shoulder & APL. I am 5 ft 10. It's a mile until my waist.

Wow! Just a year to grow it there! You must have very Healthy hair! I hope to see mine growing that fast once in a years time, now that I know how to better take care or my hair.

misstwist
October 1st, 2008, 10:05 PM
27 inches. I'm 5 ft 6. I must have a long, model neck. :)

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
It's ok, me too :p

LOL! YAY! I'm not alone! :) Sometimes I feel like bigbird, without the feathers, and maybe not as fat....and yellow. :p And Another thing!----> Wearing wearing high waisted jeans! I really exadurate my long leggs and short torso! LOL But then the advantage is that my hair looks longer, when indeed, its not very long.

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM

Oo0o0! That must be nice!!! :) I bet it shows off hair and makes you long and elegant!

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 10:15 PM
24 " for me

I say that is my average BSL length Too. at that length, It would touch all my bra Straps!

VanillaTresses
October 1st, 2008, 10:36 PM
21-25" depending on top or bottom and what B I am wearing! ;) Seems to last forever!

MsBubbles
October 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
Wow! Just a year to grow it there! You must have very Healthy hair!

Well, *had* healthy hair! Actually I had no splits until about 4 weeks ago when my whole lower 2 inches seemed to fray overnight. So now I am maintaining at 25" until the ends settle down and am S & D-ing like crazy. I am hoping this works :pray:. 10 years of back-to-back highlights, velcro rollers and blowfrying are to blame. Helmet hair.

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM
Well, *had* healthy hair! Actually I had no splits until about 4 weeks ago when my whole lower 2 inches seemed to fray overnight. So now I am maintaining at 25" until the ends settle down and am S & D-ing like crazy. I am hoping this works :pray:. 10 years of back-to-back highlights, velcro rollers and blowfrying are to blame. Helmet hair.

Lol! O, I know it will keep on being beautiful and healthy! Its funny how even hair seems to have mood swings!

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
21-25" depending on top or bottom and what B I am wearing! ;) Seems to last forever!

Man, I know what ya mean about it lasting forever! I was just replying to a post, in which I was complaining how for the past 2 years, (shoulder to BSL) my hair has been akward......I have had to wear it tucked behind my ears with it always on my back, because if any hair is in front, It looks like it's just sitting there, perched on my shoulder like parret! Once it reaches just under my bust, it should be out of the kind of akward thing!

Jeni
October 1st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Well I'm at 25" and it doesn't touch the top of my bra strap yet, I think I wear mine kind of low though. I think at 27" I will be at BSL (if hitting the top of the strap counts as BSL). I'm 5'10" btw.

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
Well I'm at 25" and it doesn't touch the top of my bra strap yet, I think I wear mine kind of low though. I think at 27" I will be at BSL (if hitting the top of the strap counts as BSL). I'm 5'10" btw.

O wow! ITs neat to see the range of where BS's land on different people! It seems to lie between 23 and 29 inches! However, Proportionally, from just absurving, BSL always seems to look like its in the same place on all women, Just the length of the hair is different.

Wow, Very Pretty BTW.

Jeni
October 2nd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks. I like being tall and all (makes me less round) but it's starting to feel like I'm NEVER going to get to BSL! On the bright side the space between waist, hip and TB looks kind of short (I'm not sure if that means I'm short waisted or not...)

Katze
October 2nd, 2008, 01:17 AM

Same for me. 5'6", "full" BSL (hair covering strap) at 27 I have a short torso and a large head, and "the girls" sit fairly high (at least they did until about a month ago...oh pregnancy joy...). Because I am so short waisted, waist is only 3 inches away at 30"...

Monsterkitti
October 2nd, 2008, 01:18 AM
BSL is about 25" which seems to be taking forever to get to. I'm about 5'10"

Elphie
October 2nd, 2008, 03:40 AM
BSL is at 22" on me. I'm slightly under 5'3" tall.

happymommy
October 2nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
BSL for me was 26-27 depending on the bra. Now waist, that's 33.5. Le sigh, I have such a long torso.

FrannyG
October 2nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
BSL for me is 25.5 inches. I always interpret BSL as the hair reaching the bottom of the bra strap. I'm 5'5" Waist is 30 inches on me and Tail bone is 36".

Eireann
October 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
I'm 5'1" and about 1/2 an inch past BSL at 23.5", so BSL must be 23". From collar bone to BSL was about 9 months. My hair is wavy, though, so the length is different every day!

sky
October 2nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
I'm at 24 inches and am still about 3 inches above the upper bra strap.

5'6.5" and short-waisted.

.....sigh......

Maybe sometime next year.....

sky

Tami86
October 2nd, 2008, 07:33 AM
BSL is at 26-27" and I'm 5"1.. My hair is a littly wavy

Miss Hidley
October 2nd, 2008, 07:34 AM
I'm the same- my BSL is at 27in though in fact I'm only 5'9 (with long body short legs tho) I'm so jealous of you petite girls who can have BSL already at 23in!! No wonder my hair seems to take ages to grow.... Guess I'm going to have to learn to be patient :rolleyes:

sherigayle
October 2nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
I'm 5'5" and my hair is at 26" and just barely above my bra. I think my hair will have to be about 28" before it covers my bra completely. I have a very long torso. I guess that's why my hair doesn't seem very long to me.

Masara
October 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
My first BSl measurement was 24" which seems like a long way away at the time (just arriving here with 14") Then I measured again and got 26" which is a pretty good indication of how useless I am at measuring. I think it depends on which bra I'm wearing and how I'm wearing it

Tuesday I measured and I'm at 24" (ish- I'm still not much good at measuring) I took a photo to see how far I was from BSL and to my surprise, it actually looks as though I'm at BSL, with even some hairs that are already past it.

I'm 5 ft tall.

Speckla
October 2nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
I was at 23" but that's been nearly 3 weeks ago. I need to measure and pull it straight to see how long it actually is. I know I'm longer than shoulder in reality but my curls sit right at or slightly below. I usually say shoulder length because that's what it looks like on first sight.:cheese:
________
Mary Jane (http://maryjanes.info/)

mugglemomof3
October 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'm 5'8". BSL on me was 28".

I started measuring at 19" and that was in January of 2006. I reached BSL earlier this year, so I'd have to say about 2 years from shoulder to BSL (with trims).

BTW - I love love love your user name!

Áine
October 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
For BSL, it is about 24/25 inches for me (depends if we are measuring the top or bottom of back bra closure.)

I'm am a little over 5'9", average torso that may be a bit on the short side for my height.

Honigwein
October 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
Forgive my ignorance, please! I never heard of it and many other words in this forum but IŽd like to learn. Can anyone tell me what does it mean BSL? And is it a North American measure or does it exist in other places too? Thanks.:flower:

Periwinkle
October 2nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
My hair is 28" and comfortably BSL. I called it 'just' BSL when I joined this site at 26" (top of the strap). The top of the strap would be about 24" for me if I had straight hair. Now it's at the bottom of the strap but a good inch and a bit longer when pulled straight.

chrissy-b
October 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Forgive my ignorance, please! I never heard of it and many other words in this forum but IŽd like to learn. Can anyone tell me what does it mean BSL? And is it a North American measure or does it exist in other places too? Thanks.:flower:

BSL is Bra Strap Length.

Mine is about 24 inches and I'm 5'5''

Periwinkle
October 2nd, 2008, 11:48 AM

Bra Strap Length. If you don't wear a bra, take it as roughly the bottom of your shoulder blades. It's not just a North American thing, but I guess it is a longhair thing :)

jojo
October 2nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Same for me. 5'6", "full" BSL (hair covering strap) at 27 I have a short torso and a large head, and "the girls" sit fairly high (at least they did until about a month ago...oh pregnancy joy...). Because I am so short waisted, waist is only 3 inches away at 30"...

snap same here, measurements and height well i am 1/2" taller! but no baby! i think it all depends on what people call BSL to me this is where the bra strap is completely covered with your hair, not just touching it but covering or another way which i measure for bsl is to use the sternum (the bit where your ribs join in the centre of your chest), I get the same measurement here and its constant unlike bra straps, i can wear a bra and it touches and others where its a good 3 inches off. Then I get upset because I think I am not progressing, so I am going to use STL or sternum length as my guide!

PeaceWithTrees
October 3rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks. I like being tall and all (makes me less round) but it's starting to feel like I'm NEVER going to get to BSL! On the bright side the space between waist, hip and TB looks kind of short (I'm not sure if that means I'm short waisted or not...)

LOL! I know what you mean! Its seems like thats a goal mark that is soo0oo0o0o FAr away, Probably because the other goals were pretty close together, and BSL is the first Long haul! I CAnt wait untill my kind of BSL Is nice and thick, at the ends, then I wont feel like im cheating on the BSL Mark! LOL

PeaceWithTrees
October 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
I'm 5'1" and about 1/2 an inch past BSL at 23.5", so BSL must be 23". From collar bone to BSL was about 9 months. My hair is wavy, though, so the length is different every day!

ITs hard for me to interpret my length because my hair is curly! The only time I can tell is when I Striaghten it. IT should be the opposite, But the longer it gets, it seems like the curlier it gets, and i cant tell how much its grown!

PeaceWithTrees
October 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
I'm at 24 inches and am still about 3 inches above the upper bra strap.

5'6.5" and short-waisted.

.....sigh......

Maybe sometime next year.....

sky

AWWWW, Im sure it will be much quicker than you think!!!!!:)

sky
October 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Oh, NONE of this is quick. :lol:

sky

willowcandra
October 4th, 2008, 05:54 AM
it was 26" for me and I seemed to stay there forever.

DecafJane
October 4th, 2008, 06:13 AM
My BSL is about 26 inches, and I am 6 foot 1 inches.
My longest hairs are at about 21 inches, so it will take about 6 to 8 months to get there, theoretically. :)

Brianna
October 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM
My BSL is about 25 inches, and I'm 5'1. I'm fairly high-waisted as well, so I don't have to wait all that long to get to waist. :)

vampodrama
October 5th, 2008, 01:27 AM
my hair is currently 25" and it's still well away from BSL...

I think about 28" would be my BSL.

I'm 175 cm tall, with a long neck, long torso and all.