PDA

View Full Version : Water/ACV/EO rinse pre-wash

lapushka
April 2nd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Found this on YT, and thought it might be interesting. It is a pre-wash "rinse" that is put in with a mister bottle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSOMD155IRw

-Fern
April 3rd, 2015, 08:33 PM
I will give that a try tomorrow, actually. :D

Actually, I'm glad you posted this, because on the same note, I meant to ask:
Some people do an ACV rinse before shampooing, and others do it after rinsing out their conditioner. Do folks who use the different methods have opinions about which works better for them and why? (Before vs. after washing)

Allie_snowflake
April 3rd, 2015, 08:34 PM
I actually started doing that (minus EO) about two months ago! I found that my horrible water at home wasn't getting my scalp and roots very clean. I'd stretched washes to around 8 or 9 days out of laziness ;) and that's when I found out my shampoo wasn't doing it any more. Still oily after shampoo. I don't condition it in shower, just as leave in when damp. I've been using Fructis pure clean and just switched to Pantene ice shine (both are cone, paraben and dye-free). I honestly don't know if they're more gentle and just not cleansing enough but in February I started massaging ACV and water into my hair and scalp and it took care of the oily mess. I have noticed that I don't get scalp zits any more. My scalp still occasionally itches but not as bad as before. It's itched for most of my life!

I also sprayed it on my length this week right before applying coconut oil. I hadn't oiled in a long time.

Allie_snowflake
April 3rd, 2015, 08:40 PM
-Fern, I've used either white or apple cider vinegar on my hair since I started with henna 5 years ago. My hair loves it. I've used it originally to help henna stick to my grays but it made my hair so shiny and soft I'd use it occasionally diluted when I needed to dampen it a little. In those cases I didn't rinse it out.

i actually think that it has increased my hair growth (density of follicles maybe) on the top of my head (where I'd do henna root applications... I'd mix only with ACV, nothing else in my henna) now I've got incredibly thick hair when I pull up some for a half up. It was either the henna or the vinegar!

MunaZaldrizoti
April 4th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I left some coconut cream in my hair last night for about twenty minutes and did an ACV rinse after washing it out. Today it's so silky! Both have left my fine hair an oily mess before, so I'm really pleased. It'd be interesting to try it with an EO, but the only one I have to hand is lemon, and I'm not sure how that would affect my hair.

-Fern
April 4th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Heh, okay, I'm sitting with it in now... the only drawback is that I guess I'm a little aggressive with the squirt bottle, because I got some in my eyes... and my ears... oooh, and with the EO, ya definitely feel it. Haha...*hides* :couch:

-Fern
April 5th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I am looking forward to hearing other people's experience---my overall impression is that it got the ACV to coat my hair much more evenly than just doing a rinse. My hair does feel very smooth and lightweight today. The downside is that I think using it pre-poo made my Rinse-Out Oil Method a little less effective than usual. I might revisit this as a post-wash treatment next time.

lapushka
April 5th, 2015, 04:55 PM
The downside is that I think using it pre-poo made my Rinse-Out Oil Method a little less effective than usual. I might revisit this as a post-wash treatment next time.

Good to know! :thumbsup:

texangrrl
April 7th, 2015, 07:59 AM
I haven't tried it pre-poo (and now I will, lol), but I love using a final rinse of distilled water and raw ACV (with the "mother") in my hair post conditioner because it makes it so soft and shiny.