PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have longhair dreams?

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 1st, 2015, 04:15 PM
Last night I had a dream and my hair was down to my waist (my goal length) and it felt so real, when I woke up I un-did my bun, felt my hair, and got sad because my hair was still at shoulder. Hahahaha.

It felt so REAL though. I was so happy. Anyone else get these kind of dreams only to wake up incredibly sad? :rolleyes:
Do these dreams keep you motivated? Its kind of motivating me right now. Maybe its because I am considered a "Shortie" here that I have these dreams.
Im just laying here laughing to myself.

Dang, wish it was real!

DeadlyUnicorn
April 1st, 2015, 04:33 PM
I can't say I've ever had one like that that I remember.. How ever I have PLENTY where I get it cut off/torn off/something just HORRIBLE happening to it. Maybe it's because my hair is already long? :hmm: When I started growing my hair out I wasn't even near as obsessed as I am now so, long hair wasn't on my mind much. :p

Orange Queen
April 1st, 2015, 04:43 PM
Yes, I get those once in a while.
In the dream I look in the mirror and all of a sudden my hair is a lot longer than it is in real life.
In one dream I could even control the length of my hair with some sort of a mind Jedi technique :D

Lady Mary
April 1st, 2015, 04:46 PM
Mine usually consist of me cutting my hair or bangs and regretting it immensely. :(

Elly May
April 1st, 2015, 05:50 PM
Yes, I dream in color...and long hair.

Hairkay
April 1st, 2015, 05:54 PM
For all I know I could be bald in dreams because I never dream about hair at all.

endlessly
April 1st, 2015, 06:33 PM
I haven't ever had one like you've described, but I have had the kind where my hair is horrifically maimed (i.e. cut shorter) and I wake up cry/screaming. Those are awful. One nightmare in particular that always stands out to me is when my hair was cut into a "bowl cut" style and I woke up in such a panic that I actually ended up having a full blown panic attack for nearly an hour. Not my proudest moment.

PennyQuin
April 1st, 2015, 06:45 PM
Its sad for me but I don't have good dreams about long hair... but nightmares about getting a pixie or getting bald :rant:

Islandgrrl
April 1st, 2015, 07:04 PM
I've had long hair dreams. A few involved cutting and being completely traumatized. The most recent was about being at work and taking my hair down to redo my bun, and unwinding my hair to find that it puddled on the floor when it was down.

As they say, "in my dreams!"

MINAKO
April 1st, 2015, 07:04 PM
No, lol, i think of hair so often during the day my brain probably enjoys the vacation while im asleep.
I did dream of a bad hair product once tho, i dont exactly remember but the result was a color change in my hair, like a blotchy bleach job, i dunno.
There is this 7min video of a girl on youtube, shes just showing off her hair and i loved it ever since i saw it and wanted the same hair. I guess the close we get the less we worry. Enjoy your beautiful hair at any length and be grateful for what you have to work with. All it takes to waist is patience. ;)

chen bao jun
April 1st, 2015, 07:56 PM
Never dreamt about my hair that I can remember.
I dream, like novels. Like I live a whole lifetime in them and all these exciting things happen.
then I die and wake up and --forget the whole thing by five minutes later, except that it was really interesting and I'd like to remember. these kind of dreams are about other people, not myself.
when I am myself, I dream I'm flying.
Or else I'm talking to dead people that I miss and even in the dream, I feel very sad and am hoping I don't wake up soon because I don't want to have to go back to their not being there..
My mom used to dream lottery numbers. And then she'd tell people and they'd play them and win some money, while she forgot to play them.
Used to annoy my dad. apparently my grandmother (his mother) hit the lottery from my mom's dreams several times--actually bought a piano with what she won once,w hile he and my mom won nothing. Not that my grandmother could play it. she wanted it to put her photographs on.
then some priest told my mom that the lottery was a sin and if she dreams lottery numbers anymore, she doesn't tell anyone.

ositarosita
April 1st, 2015, 07:59 PM
I just had that last week only difference was that mine was TBL. I was sooo upset when I woke up and my hair has felt shorter since. Simply because of the fact that I compare my current length to the length I dreamt of. I just have to remind myself that every month I don't trim I'm one step closer to actually being there and that thought makes me happy.

Atira
April 1st, 2015, 07:59 PM
Yes I dream both about getting a short cut and being sad and about it being all tailbone length or longer (goal).

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 1st, 2015, 08:22 PM
These are all so funny to read. Glad i'm not alone! Never had a hair nightmare like I know a lot of people here probably have.
So strange!

chelsea89ms
April 1st, 2015, 10:17 PM
Oh I did sometime last month or the month before that :hmm: In my dream I had hair down past my tailbone, I put it up into an intricate bun and then I put it into a thick five stand braid (I have no idea how to do this in real life). Kind of silly that I dream of having long hair and putting it into protective styles. Once I woke up I wanted to back to sleep and dream of having a long thick braid again. For me the dream very inspiring, like pictures of very long healthy hair.

Natalina
April 1st, 2015, 11:41 PM
When I was at Hip, I had a dream that I walked around with TBL hair and I was so happy to finally reach my goal length. When I woke up, of course, I felt sad realizing that it was only a dream.

Now that my hair has reached past TBL, my current goal has also changed to Classic and I don't really feel as happy as I dreamed I would be. :p I'm just impatient I guess.

kitana97
April 1st, 2015, 11:45 PM
I have the opposite. My dreams are nightmares where my hair is chopped off really short or damaged and I wake up panicked and then relieved. The other night I had a dream I let an old friend trim my hair and she took like 5 inches off and it was cut quite poorly. Back in highschool the same friend gave me bangs which were so bad I ended up pinning them to the side for a few months until they grew out. I think the dream came about since a different friend told me she would cut my hair and I'm a little nervous, but since she maintains at tbl I think she gets the attachment one can have to long hair and will be really cautious trimming it.

Yarrow
April 1st, 2015, 11:47 PM
I never focused on my hair in my dreams but I had a hard time getting adjusted to body in hair changes during puberty. So my mind and dreams stayed stuck in prepuberty stage (long light hair) when it had already become cut short and darker. So I never really noticed that my dream hair was long because it had been my hair for a long time it was normal.
I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone.

YvetteVarie
April 2nd, 2015, 03:34 AM
I had a few hair dreams. One in which I pulled some hair and it stretched, and stretched, and stretched all the way to HL. I have also had hair nightmares, the most recurrent one was having my hair over processed while getting a salon relaxer. And it fell out. I woke up with my heart pounding

Lady Katherine
April 2nd, 2015, 10:44 AM
Most of the time i'm not aware of my hair in my dreams. Most of the time if I do have a hair dream, it's my braid getting cut off or something traumatic like that.

FuzzyBlackWaves
April 2nd, 2015, 10:47 AM
When I see myself in my dreams I generally still have BSL hair. Guess my brain hasn't caught up with the changes yet. Then again, I also have glasses, and I've not needed those since I was a child.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 3rd, 2015, 12:23 AM
When I see myself in my dreams I generally still have BSL hair. Guess my brain hasn't caught up with the changes yet. Then again, I also have glasses, and I've not needed those since I was a child.

The same happens with me, or I hardly remember what I looked like in my dream!
But for some reason my hair being really long in this dream, was just so surreal and vivid I remembered it.

Funny how the human brain works, huh?

Decemberrose
April 3rd, 2015, 01:52 AM
In my dreams I always have my hair BSL and black like I used to last year. Weird, now I'm shoulder and growing out my natural ash color and bleach. I dont think my brain is following my outside changes ;)

Swan Maiden
April 3rd, 2015, 09:32 AM
Spiders must be on my mind today. I dreamt I had dreadlocks (a loooong time ago I actually did) and when I lifted up my dreads, there were spider egg sacs underneath. I think this qualifies ad a nightmare.

turtlelover
April 3rd, 2015, 05:55 PM
I don't really dream about hair much, but I do have these repetitive dreams about my teeth falling out that I DESPISE! I think those are even worse than bad hair dreams!

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 4th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Spiders must be on my mind today. I dreamt I had dreadlocks (a loooong time ago I actually did) and when I lifted up my dreads, there were spider egg sacs underneath. I think this qualifies ad a nightmare.

OH MY GOD. I would probably wake up crying from that. I hate spiders.

curlylocks85
April 5th, 2015, 01:25 PM
I don't really dream about hair much, but I do have these repetitive dreams about my teeth falling out that I DESPISE! I think those are even worse than bad hair dreams!

Some research suggests dreams of teeth falling out is a sign of stress in one's waking life.

cherrybird
April 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM
I had a dream once where I dyed my hair rainbow colours and was really happy with it. When I woke up I told my boyfriend about it and he said "oh, so it was like a clown wig?" Ruined it for me :doh:

gwenalyn
April 5th, 2015, 09:33 PM
I had a dream once where I dyed my hair rainbow colours and was really happy with it. When I woke up I told my boyfriend about it and he said "oh, so it was like a clown wig?" Ruined it for me :doh:

Let me unruin it for you!

http://www.reddit.com/r/rainbowhair/comments/2568gn/so_envious_of_this_hair/
http://www.reddit.com/r/FancyFollicles/comments/28p18a/so_i_heard_you_like_rainbow_hair_i_hope_you_like/
http://imgur.com/a/P3x7Q (scroll all the way through)

cherrybird
April 5th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Let me unruin it for you!

http://www.reddit.com/r/rainbowhair/comments/2568gn/so_envious_of_this_hair/
http://www.reddit.com/r/FancyFollicles/comments/28p18a/so_i_heard_you_like_rainbow_hair_i_hope_you_like/
http://imgur.com/a/P3x7Q (scroll all the way through)

I love r/Fancyfollicles! Thanks for posting these :D