PDA

View Full Version : Does Monistat cause excess shedding ?

Rapunzel_to_be
April 1st, 2015, 10:46 AM
Hey guys I'm new here, so I apologise if you already have discussed this previously .. I just started using Monistat today , after one of the other members here told me about it in another thread ( Thank you Lapushka :) ) I did some research before buying it of course, and overall most people seemed very happy like you probably already know. But I also read that some said it could cause a lot of shedding once they stopped using it , and I was wondering is this common ? Have a lot of you Mn users experienced this ? I didn't find too much on this topic , so thats why I thought I could ask you guys. Im planning on using it twice a week , and it is the 2% version. I even read one lady writing all of the hair that had grown out because of the Mn , just fell right off after she stopped using it..

Im thinking that if it does cause shedding, could it be in the cases where people maybe "overuse" the product ? instead of applying it a few times a week , or does that not matter ?

Shibe
April 1st, 2015, 11:10 AM
I used it, and after a few weeks noticed an increase in shedding. I only used it once a week, myself.

Rapunzel_to_be
April 1st, 2015, 11:21 AM
I used it, and after a few weeks noticed an increase in shedding. I only used it once a week, myself.

Ooh , was the shedding bad enough to not want to use it again ? And did it make you feel that your hair was thinning ?

Rapunzel_to_be
April 1st, 2015, 01:12 PM
Ok so I think I'm too scared to continue using it ... because of the reports on excessive shedding ( and headaches etc) so I will be using castor oil on my scalp twice a week instead :)

divinedobbie
April 3rd, 2015, 11:49 AM
I used it for a month (weekly applications x 4) and I didn't notice any difference in shedding. YMMV.

Shibe
April 3rd, 2015, 02:29 PM
Depends on the hair, I think. Mine is very fragile and you may not experience shedding at all.

Rapunzel_to_be
April 3rd, 2015, 02:54 PM
Oh ok , I threw the tube out haha, because I knew I would be too tempted to use it if I kept it, I think I'm too scared to risk it especially now that I cut some short layers and don't really feel so happy about them, and a possible excess shedding would not make it so much better :p