PDA

View Full Version : Color Question!

BeccaAngel
March 31st, 2015, 03:14 PM
My hair is now hot pink from bleaching my red out (instead of using color oops). i would like to know if a neutral dark blonde would neutralize the pink and just give me a more natural look. what do you think?

PamelaViktoria
March 31st, 2015, 03:19 PM
I wish I knew to help you, but I don't. My only experience is with h2o2 and sunshine:)

Lyv
March 31st, 2015, 03:29 PM
In my experience no it won't. I went from red to blonde twice a couple of years ago and I had to bleach it all out and then use vitamin c and head and shoulders to pull the rest of the dye out. Putting the blonde over top just made it an orangey pink blonde for me :/

BeccaAngel
March 31st, 2015, 10:50 PM
I did it, and it actually turned blondish purple. like light purple. i think i will let the sun do the rest over time. i kinda like it definitely a change from the bright red

kidari
March 31st, 2015, 11:23 PM
do you have any pics to share??

ETA:
I have layers and layers of permanent and direct dyes on my hair. I read that direct dyes cannot be removed in some cases; they say that color removers are only meant for permanent color and that bleach may not remove direct dyes. However, it's worked for many people obviously. I heard once that direct dyes can be removed with an oil-based process, but I wish I knew and remembered more specifics. Whenever people are trying to fade their color I always hear about washing it frequently in hot water with very harsh cleansing agents (clarifying shampoo, baking soda, Dawn dish detergent, dandruff shampoo... yikes!!) In any case, it's always best to let your color fade as much as possible then start with the least aggressive or damaging way to remove the final remnants of your color. In my personal experience, I have tried the method of washing with harsh cleansers and it left my scalp really dry and irritated and my hair was barely able to be salvaged after that. I remembered when I used to get my color professionally done how much my colorist stressed to stick with "color safe" hair care and she told me a ton of things to do to preserve my color, one of which was to NEVER use non-color safe anything on my hair, especially oils. I guess oils pull the color out of your hair? She said to use color-safe deep conditioning masks and never do hot oil treatments. I remembered this when I accidentally did a heavy oiling with coconut oil before a wash and man did it pull out a ton of color! When that happened I remembered what my former colorist told me. So it's been my go-to method of fading color: hot oil treatments. I highly recommend doing that instead of washing with dish soap/baking soda/clarifying shampoos. Seriously, even a long heated deep conditioning treatment with a non-color safe conditioner will pull out a lot of color.

Sorry this is so rambly, but what you want your next color to be determines how much you need to get the color out to get the result you want. Faded red for example will not need to be bleached out as a clean slate for a dark warm brown. You would actually want the remnants of the red there in order for the new dark brown color to have dimension.

Your light purple sounds like it can be a good thing since you don't mind the result and are enjoying it. As that fades, it will most likely help counter any potential future brassiness. So it's like you have built in brass-fighting power. ;)