PDA

View Full Version : Protective Hair Styles for Short hair

DizzyGinger
March 31st, 2015, 02:09 PM
Can anyone recommend protective hair styles for hair that is too short to be put up? Especially when I sleep, I wake up with crazy hair that's been seriously roughed up, and as my hair is damaged already I don't know how to protect it from further damage

Sarahlabyrinth
March 31st, 2015, 02:12 PM
Try a silk or satin sleeping cap? And if your hair sticks out at funny angles in the morning, a gentle spritz with water should tame it for you.

Your hair is so pretty in your avatar pic!

Nique1202
March 31st, 2015, 02:30 PM
If sleep caps bother you, you could also look into french/dutch braiding. But, short hair doesn't need as much protecting. Even if it's got some bleach/heat damage it's likely not going to show in splits and such until the hair gets closer to shoulder or APL, at least, and it should be braidable long before then. (I could get twin dutch braids to hold when the hair on the top of my head was earlobe length, and my hair is as slippery as a wet fish.)

meteor
March 31st, 2015, 02:33 PM
I'd recommend a silk sleep cap, silk pillowcase or wrapping your pillow or hair with a silk scarf overnight.

DizzyGinger
March 31st, 2015, 03:11 PM
Nique, I'm going to try that!

Sarah, I like to curl my hair heatlessly using fingerwaves and wet sets. It's not too hard and the style lasts several days :)