PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Liggett's shampoo bar - peppermint and jojoba

Wusel
March 31st, 2015, 05:17 AM
Hi everyone, I didn't find a thread about this particular shampoo bar so I hope it's okay that I start a new one.
It's because I'm very happy with it, after two washes.
BUT: When I order it from Germany it's very expensive.
It's more than 10 Euros per bar on amazon.de and when you order from the website is almost the same with shipping.
After using it two times I weighed it. To see how long it'll last.
One bar is 99 grams and after 2 washes I have 87 grams left.
So, one bar is enough for 14 washes, when you shampoo your scalp only.
It's 7 grams per wash.
I wash my hair 2 times per week now, so it'll be enough for 7 weeks... almost the same as a bottle of my Lavera shampoo... but the shampoo is less then half the price...
What I love about this bar is the peppermint smell and the fresh feeling on my scalp and that my hair dries much faster after a wash. 2 hours with shampoo and 1 hour with the bar. And my hair is clean and fluffy. And it helps my scalp. It's less tender and not sore right after the wash. And it lathers much better than my Lavera Marigold shampoo.
Does anyone have long term experiences with this shampoo bar?
Do you recommend me to purchase a second one?
Or try something else?
Is there something as good as this bar? Or even better? And cheaper? With peppermint smell?
Thank you very much for help.

Wusel
March 31st, 2015, 05:24 AM
85, not 87 grams are left.

Rosetta
March 31st, 2015, 06:31 AM
I haven't tried this particular bar, but just to let you know that you can buy it cheaper (at last for the postage) on Iherb (http://www.iherb.com) - postage to Europe is around 5 USD, for a few items at least! :) (It used to be up to 1900 g or the like, but they changed it recently.)

And there is actually a shampoo bar thread a little bit below here, which might be better for discussing it, since if there was a thread for each specific shampoo bar alone, the forum would probably be clogged ;)

Annalouise
March 31st, 2015, 11:52 AM
I use J.R. Liggetts Tea Tree and Hemp Oil bar and have done so on and off for a long time. (I switch it with other bars). I really like it.
I've never had a problem with it. In fact, I would like to get their other bars to compare. I think they all look lovely.

Wusel
April 1st, 2015, 02:48 AM
I use J.R. Liggetts Tea Tree and Hemp Oil bar and have done so on and off for a long time. (I switch it with other bars). I really like it.
I've never had a problem with it. In fact, I would like to get their other bars to compare. I think they all look lovely.

Thank you, the Tea Tree bar sounds interesting because tea tree oil is great for the scalp but I don't like the smell of tea tree oil. Does it smell heavily of it? The peppermint one smells so strong that you can smell peppermint when you enter my bathroom even when the bar is dry and wrapped i the paper...

Rosetta, thank you very much! iHerb has really good prices! Thank you!:)