PDA

View Full Version : Regretting haircut :(

Rapunzel_to_be
March 30th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Have you guys every regretted a haircut ? I am regretting cutting my hair in layers, and I feel soooo bummed out about it....I had my hair in one length and it reached almost underneath my breasts, it still does, although now , I also have short layers reaching my shoulders and a few, my chin... and now I feel so bad and wish I never cut it .. my hair is wavy/curly and I thought the layers would maybe give it a nice shape ... Now im hoping my hair will grow out quickly and that it will look nicer once the layers are longer... anyone here with the same experience ?

lapushka
March 30th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I have TBL+ hair and my shortest layers are BSL+; if you continue to grow it, that's about what it would end up being like, I think. Just hang in there, and let it all grow from now on.

MINAKO
March 30th, 2015, 01:12 PM
i regret maintaining a blunt hemline until last year around this time, which means i previously did cut my layers out as well. If i did just let it grow the result would probably be the same but a good 7 inches longer. No big deal, but also kind of many pointless trims in the past in my case.

Rapunzel_to_be
March 30th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Thank you for your reply , it made me feel much better !:) I definitely won't cut it anymore! Don't want to feel this way again :p

ReadingRenee
March 30th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Just embrace the layers! I have a very self defeating pattern of cutting layers in my hair when its really long and then hating them so much because my ends look thinner that I chop off a ton of length to get my hair back to one length. Hopefully I learned this time around...

So, just try to enjoy your layers and let them grow. :)

Rapunzel_to_be
March 30th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Just embrace the layers! I have a very self defeating pattern of cutting layers in my hair when its really long and then hating them so much because my ends look thinner that I chop off a ton of length to get my hair back to one length. Hopefully I learned this time around...

So, just try to enjoy your layers and let them grow. :)

Yeah thats my problem too , my hair wasn't very long, but I have just started having it in its natural form, and I kind of thought I would like it more if I had some layers in it, so it would not look so thick all the way , but now I miss the thickness , although my layers are pretty thin and the thickest part is still the longest part .. but you are right I just have to try to enjoy them and just let it grown and hide my scissors so I wont be tempted again :p

Rapunzel_to_be
March 30th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Btw sorry for going off topic , but since I'm desperate and really want the layers to grow fast, has anyone tried the inversion method ? I'm sorry if you guys have already discussed this in another thread.. I tried it once last month actually , but saw no difference, and I thought I could give it another try, since it maybe needs to be done several times for results.. or is it just a lie ?

lapushka
March 30th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Btw sorry for going off topic , but since I'm desperate and really want the layers to grow fast, has anyone tried the inversion method ? I'm sorry if you guys have already discussed this in another thread.. I tried it once last month actually , but saw no difference, and I thought I could give it another try, since it maybe needs to be done several times for results.. or is it just a lie ?

Different strokes for different folks, you know. It does not always work for everybody. Does nothing for me. But there's also monistat, or caffeine rinses. Try looking for those threads on here.

Nique1202
March 30th, 2015, 02:29 PM
I partly regret cutting layers into my hair, because I'd like to be able to do more braided styles without having bits poking out all over the place, but on the other hand it also thins out my hair enough that I can do buns. I'm not sure I could even do a decent cinnabun if my hair was ALL hip length at my full thickness right now, I'd be stuck with braids all the time. So after maintaining for the winter I decided I'll deal with the layers and probably maintain when I get closer to classic length and I could do buns with my full thickness. I hope that you can find your silver lining and be happy with your hair again soon!

Rapunzel_to_be
March 30th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Different strokes for different folks, you know. It does not always work for everybody. Does nothing for me. But there's also monistat, or caffeine rinses. Try looking for those threads on here.

Thank you I will definitely check them out :)

Rapunzel_to_be
March 30th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I partly regret cutting layers into my hair, because I'd like to be able to do more braided styles without having bits poking out all over the place, but on the other hand it also thins out my hair enough that I can do buns. I'm not sure I could even do a decent cinnabun if my hair was ALL hip length at my full thickness right now, I'd be stuck with braids all the time. So after maintaining for the winter I decided I'll deal with the layers and probably maintain when I get closer to classic length and I could do buns with my full thickness. I hope that you can find your silver lining and be happy with your hair again soon!

I know what you mean , I don't like it when hair is sticking out from braids either :s btw your hair is so pretty!!

spidermom
March 30th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Try to enjoy your layers. I love mine! Even when I supposedly had hair "all one length", I always had a million different lengths, and hairs poked out of my braids back then, too. So I don't stress it now. The thickness often seemed a burden back then. Sometimes when I wore my hair down, it felt like a blanket smothering me.

Wusel
March 30th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I hated my layers so much that I chopped them all off in October 2014 to about an inch below chin length. And I regret this now. If I didn't cut them I'd be around MBL now, with "annoying" layers, but mid-back. Now I have no layers but not even reached APL. Still need half an inch or so till APL. So, enjoy your layers and stay away from scissors!

endlessly
March 30th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I know exactly what you're going through, but like you said, it will grow out. I had a horrendous haircut several years back and it just now was to a point that I could have it cut to one length again. It's quite a bit shorter than it was - I went from mid-thigh back to hip - but I know it's going to be so much healthier and I'm much happier now, so just keep that in mind. I think it's safe to assume that just about everyone here has had a haircut they regret, but it's always a learning experience! Every regretful decision I've ever made about my hair only prevents me from making the same stupid mistake in the future! Just baby your hair and take good care of yourself and it will grow out in no time!

Rapunzel_to_be
March 30th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Thank you all for replying , I feel much calmer now :D I was freaking out yesterday and all day today , but I'll try to look at it in a positive way and work with it :)