View Full Version : Tenderheaded

lapushka
March 30th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Anyone who is, post here.

I found a video on the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivhOFaIWt8

Nadine <3
March 30th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I don't think I have a super tender head, but it does get sore in places when I need to wash it. Sometimes when I take down a style it can be sore from being in a certain direction all day, especially if it was a bit dirty.

I do get uncomfortable and somewhat terrified when someone comes at me with a comb...it's not painful, I just don't like it. My mom ripped a big paddle brush threw my matted and tangled hair when I was little. She would just hold onto my head and yank it through...probably why she cut it all off into a pixie when I was 8. Paddle brushes still send me screaming....

cathair
March 30th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the link :) Her videos about build up are quite interesting. Especially the stuff about sebum build up.

lapushka
March 30th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I was growing my hair out from age 6 -10/11 and it grew to classic in that time; my mom used to do my hair all that time, and did 2 pigtails every day, and she pulled it taut. Combing/brushing through it wasn't a breeze either. I guess my head was tender at that time, because I wasn't doing things for myself. At age 11 I got it cut and from that age, I started caring for my own hair. Took a lot of the strain out of haircare for me!

lapushka
March 30th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the link :) Her videos about build up are quite interesting. Especially the stuff about sebum build up.

I'm subbed to her. She often does interesting videos!

gthlvrmx
March 30th, 2015, 02:21 PM
When I had longer hair, I used to get a sore painful scalp where my bun rested on (it was on top of my head). The area there felt greasy, oily, and as if my scalp needed a good massage. I used to get a sore scalp when I used shampoo, and I got pimples on my scalp with the shampoo sometimes. CO washing has reduced the amount of pimples I get on my scalp and it's only today that I noticed a sore scalp! I still prefer only washing once a week even with a sore scalp. It's kind of interesting, I used to get a sore scalp with a satin pillowcase. Now that I switched to silk, I don't the same soreness. I wonder what the pillowcase did that affected my scalp! I noticed my satin pillowcase also smelled so bad after laying on it for a while and my hair usually smelled bad after I slept on the pillowcase. Maybe it's because the silk "breathes" better that I don't get that weird smell and soreness anymore? I think my sore scalp right now is from wearing my hair up which is expected to happen. That's probably the same reason why it hurt when I had it longer.
Thank you for the video!

Wusel
March 30th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Thank you very much for the video. I've already posted about my sore and mega tender scalp... I wash my hair every five to six days... I think I'm gonna try to wash it more often to see if this helps... I don't use shampoo anyway. I wash with JR Liggett bar.

meteor
March 30th, 2015, 03:20 PM
I'm not particularly tender-headed, I just get uncomfortable feeling when all my hair is up in a new style or new location, and my follicles aren't used to new directions of hair placement. Also, when roots are greasy, the usual stuff...

However, that cartoon with the comb made me think of something: I cannot use fine-toothed combs (http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18islwbilu6itjpg/original.jpg), not even medium-tooth, not even their wider-spaced sides... It just pulls everywhere massively and gets stuck within the first couple inches from my scalp and my scalp is hurting. Hairdressers tried using that comb on me a few times, and I always had to give them my wide-tooth comb instead. When I look at that design, I have trouble comprehending how it can ever work on long hair. :confused: Is it normal? Or is it somehow related to being tender-headed and overly sensitive to hair pulling? :hmm:

lapushka
March 30th, 2015, 04:52 PM
However, that cartoon with the comb made me think of something: I cannot use fine-toothed combs (http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18islwbilu6itjpg/original.jpg), not even medium-tooth, not even their wider-spaced sides... It just pulls everywhere massively and gets stuck within the first couple inches from my scalp and my scalp is hurting.

Take a look at this, this is the style I have (for primping & preening my edges, nothing more, nothing less):
http://babesinhairland.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2900_edited-1aB.jpg

yahirwaO.o
March 30th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Oh my dear L... I have a tender scalp with certain hairstyles (anything put higher on my head such as high buns-ponytails) and those small plastic combs totally give me the creeps.

But my hair doesnt feel anything special when dirty even after 2 weeks, Still I do think my scalp is abit delicate but not to that extreme.