PDA

View Full Version : Scalp issues

cdonald2
March 28th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Ihad my first and last Depo-Provera shot in December. I have broken out on my chest as I am coming off the shot but I have had pimples on my scalp before that, I noticed that lately I have had more pimples on my scalp. But they are different than the ones on my chest, like, I can somehow tell that the ones on my chest are from the hormones while the ones on my scalp are from buildup. I was wondering if there is anything I can use to help get rid of scalp pimples. I have not been using oil and I wash usually every other day at most.

basically is there something I can use to keep my scalp clean while the rest of my hair doesn't have to be?

any suggestions???

lapushka
March 29th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Nizoral, plain and simple. Sounds like it might be SD to me, but I'm no doctor. You should really be seeing one, esp. because you have other issues.

yogagirl
March 29th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I get pimples on my scalp due to SD when I don't wash after 3 days. However, I also have other symptoms like itchiness and dandruff (the large flakey, oily kind, not the tiny flecks and dry scalp kind). Do you have that? If not then my first guess wouldn't be SD, but I am also no doctor.

For me, when I wash every three days I can avoid SD symptoms including pimples. If I do wait too long to wash, Head & Shoulders helps. Prescription shampoos might work even better, but H&S works for me.