PDA

View Full Version : Newest Miraculous Discovery

endlessly
March 28th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I'll begin by saying that my hair has always been notoriously difficult when it comes to using oils. I've tried jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, olive, macadamia, etc. Everything will start wonderfully - my hair will be softer, smoother, silkier, and my scalp will feel moisturized instead of flaky and itchy. But, within the span of a few weeks, something will drastically change and whatever oil I've been using suddenly becomes my worst nightmare. That being said, it's been a struggle. I know all of the wonderful benefits of oiling hair, but whenever I would try, something would always go horribly wrong and my hair would wind up more than a little worse for wear.

Then I tried Argan oil.

Now, the biggest reason I never tried this in the past was the price because, let's face it, it's ridiculously expensive if you want to purchase high quality and organic. But, I decided I deserved a little treat and purchased a small bottle from a health store and let me say, best decision I've made. This is nothing new to anyone else I'm sure and most on here have probably raved about the benefits of Argan oil many times, but for someone like me who never even considered trying it, it was pretty amazing and I had to rave about it!

Now for the miraculous part of my discovery...

I've always had issues with my skin - it's combination, sometimes completely dry, sometimes completely oily, acne-prone, and eczema prone...in other words, it's a bit of a mess. When I do have the occasional blemish, it isn't a big deal, but I'm also prone to cystic blemishes, which are often excruciating. They last for weeks at a time, are incredibly painful and swollen, and when they finally calm down, there's always an unsightly red mark left in their place. I've invested a lot of time, energy, and money into treating and concealing them with minimal improvements. I've always known how beneficial oil can be for the skin, but due to the threat of breakouts, I haven't wanted to chance it...until now.

I put a small amount of Argan oil onto my face before going to bed, then followed up with my moisturizer. In the morning, I was worried, but my skin looked amazing. Dewy, fresh, glowing... It was definitely a nice change! Over one week later and a few of my persistent red marks have actually started to fade! These are the same red marks I've had for the past two months and I've tried numerous masks, peels, scrubs, but nothing would make them any lighter. I've invested in expensive department store serums with god knows what in the ingredients and no luck. So, how can a simple oil work so effectively? I'm genuinely shocked.

I just had to post this because I'm still in a state of disbelief over how well my skin is responding to using an oil...and as a bonus, I haven't even had one breakout yet. My hair and my skin have honestly never looked better.

DarleneH
March 28th, 2015, 11:06 AM
What are the results in your hair?

Larki
March 28th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Argan oil is fantastic for my acne as well! I started using it last summer and not only does it prevent pimples and get rid of existing ones, it actually fades acne scars as well!

MINAKO
March 28th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I used bodyshops dry argan mist on my face and hair. Actually by reading the ingredient i wasnt sure if i would like it but its amazing, so is the butter which i love for my lips and hair as well. Argan oil itself is nice on my hair but i prefer a mix of sesame and avocado/macadamia/hempseed.

lapushka
March 28th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I have extremely dry skin, and have been using sweet almond oil ever since the age of 3-5. It was then rec'd by our family doctor. Just a few drops on a cotton ball/pad and rub over the face. That's all. Then moisturizer. Works like a charm. And sweet almond is nice in the hair as well. Mineral oil is nice too, and can replace my sweet almond.

synchrostatic
March 28th, 2015, 04:34 PM
I asked for argan oil for Christmas and I'm really glad I did, because I feel like it really helps me seal in moisture -- I alternate between it and mineral oil in my LOC routine. I'd tried oil cleansing in the past, and I should probably get back into it because my acne is starting to flare up with the changing season.

Good to know that argan oil can help fade scars though! I'll definitely be trying that.

Lady Katherine
March 28th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Guess i'm gonna have to invest in argan oil! Good for you!

Larki
March 28th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Good to know that argan oil can help fade scars though! I'll definitely be trying that.

It takes a few months to have an effect on them, but they're scars I've had for years! I figured they'd be there forever!

curlsgalore
March 28th, 2015, 11:09 PM
I absolutely love Argan oil on my face and I use a drop or two along with my leave-in before my gel. I buy mine from Applevalleynaturals (http://www.applevalleynaturalsoap.com/organic-virgin-argan-oil/). I bought a 2 oz bottle a few years ago...used it on and off because I was trying other oils in between. Although my hair and skin do well with other oils (mineral oil, coconut, sweet almond, jojoba, coconut, etc), my skin and hair LOVE the Argan oil. It's pricey but lasts me a very long time and it's worth it for the results I get. I like that it comes with a pump. I actually bought two bottles last time so I wouldn't be without my oil... :)
I use mineral oil as a Rinse out oil but then add a drop or two of the Argan with my leave in.

FireFromWithin
March 29th, 2015, 01:35 AM
You've all convinced me. My skin has been acting up recently so I've ordered some argon oil which should come tomorrow. But since I ordered it off amazon I ended up getting the background stamp I'd left in my basket for further contemplation too! Will post back when I know results.

DarleneH
March 29th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Since you brought up argan....

I have a 2 dram vial I made a mixture in of argan, peppermint essential oil, and lavender to help with my sinus headaches. Am thinking to use this for scalp massages, so is argan OK directly on scalp like that? It would only ever be a few drops at a time, distributed across fingers, and then massaged into scalp.

P.S. The best price I've found for 100% argan is from Camden-Grey. I got 16 oz for about $30 there, though I didn't look to see if that's what it is right now.

prettigurl
March 30th, 2015, 05:36 PM
I mix a few drops of argan oil with my leave in and it tames frizz. I add it to my deep treatments too. I haven't tried it on my skin, because I prefer evoo and coconut oil (oil cleansing method).