PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on deposit only natural colour dyes?

butter52
March 28th, 2015, 07:02 AM
So my grays are growing in number and as much as I want to wear long white hair when I am older, righn now I would like to conceal them a bit.
I dont need them to totally dissapear, just make them blend in a bit more with my almost black hair.

I have tried henna and indigo and as much as I love the result( amazing shine, red golden grays), the smell makes me sick.
And I read elumen wont cover whites at all.

So any recomendation?

Robot Ninja
March 28th, 2015, 07:18 AM
So my grays are growing in number and as much as I want to wear long white hair when I am older, righn now I would like to conceal them a bit.
I dont need them to totally dissapear, just make them blend in a bit more with my almost black hair.

I have tried henna and indigo and as much as I love the result( amazing shine, red golden grays), the smell makes me sick.
And I read elumen wont cover whites at all.

So any recomendation?

I haven't tried either, but Adore and Ion from Sally's both make deposit-only dyes in natural hair colors. How well they will cover your greys depends on your greys.

Anje
March 28th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Adore is also what comes to mind first for me, because of the natural colors.

Although... If I had black hair with white strands, I'd be very tempted to use a fun color (pink? turquoise?) to make the white strands look intentional.

schweedie
March 28th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Although... If I had black hair with white strands, I'd be very tempted to use a fun color (pink? turquoise?) to make the white strands look intentional.
Oh, seconded. I feel like that could look amazing.

Rosetta
March 28th, 2015, 08:04 AM
I second Adore (also Adore Plus, which I guess is even meant for grey hair) and also Via Natural (http://www.savebeauty4u.com/product_p/via-sp4.htm); though many other lines have black or very dark brown too, so it's one of the easiest colours to find deposit-only dyes for :) Of course, which dyes would be (easily) available to you depends a lot on where you are.

And tbh, not everyone wants pink or turquoise hair (or strands) ;), especially as OP said she wants to blend the greys into black, so it'd be quite the opposite of that.

MINAKO
March 28th, 2015, 08:13 AM
I would layer the crap out of pravana vivids in dark blue, green and purple until it eventually blends and my hair looks like peacock feathers. sounds like fun! :D

ETA: http://raikovstudio.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/04.jpg

I have been drooling over this image for more then a year. i think it looks amazing.

Stellaaa
March 28th, 2015, 08:53 AM
I use the Sally's Ion demi about once every 4 washes. I was told it wouldn't cover grey. It does, but it fades fast.

Robot Ninja
March 28th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I use the Sally's Ion demi about once every 4 washes. I was told it wouldn't cover grey. It does, but it fades fast.

I was told Manic Panic wouldn't cover grey and yet, it did. I wonder if the people who tell you it won't cover grey only leave it on for the amount of time recommended on the bottle, rather than for as long as possible.

I tried the Ion purple once, and didn't like it at all. It was drying, didn't cover the not-grey very well, and did fade fast.

butter52
March 28th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Wow thanks for all the amazing advice! I am going to check if I can get those dies here or through internet.

Dang peakock hair looks awesome, but I dont think I could pull it of in a conservative work environment

butter52
March 28th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Double post

http://s8.favim.com/orig/72/blue-cat-cute-green-Favim.com-697282.jpg

MINAKO
March 28th, 2015, 12:29 PM
You could also use these colorful dyes and mix complemantary shades to come up with a custom shade of brown. Like half a tube of green and half a tube of burgundy or magenta, or blue and orange and so on. The good thing is since you have black hair you can always keep layering without being afraid its gonna be too dark in the final result.
I personally layer blue and green over henna to counteract my sun fading and it looks completely natural.