PDA

View Full Version : Thinning Hair

Juliannaissance
March 27th, 2015, 12:27 AM
I'm 25 years old and I have noticed thinning hair at my crown. Is there any way this can be reversed, can I grow my hair back naturally or do I have to resort to medications?
I have been on depo-provera birth control for 3 months now and I have been stressed for a year or more. What remedies have you guys encountered with thinning hair that have worked?
Please do tell me your stories. Thank you!

vega
March 27th, 2015, 03:49 AM
I have no answers from personal experience but a colleague had thinning and they went herbal Chinese doctor and they're completely recovered

Agnieszka
March 27th, 2015, 04:40 AM
I'm on my phone and have very little time but had thinning hair to the point my scalp was showing on the top of my head and had to use those powders to make it look ok. Was so bad people were noticing. Anyway had it happened three times. First time out of nowhere twice post pregnancy. First time after years of trying to ignore it I went to the doctor and my ferritin was 10 beside good diet!!! When I reached ferritin 70 it started to grow back. Also I started to use Nizoral shampoo which I'm convinced works. Sorry don't have much time to write now but please start with blood tests if you can.

gwenalyn
March 27th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Yes, if you can, go to a doctor. They can help you know if you should be worried or not, and get you started on a path toward recovery if you need to. Many doctors are happy to suggest "natural" remedies, but they may also recommend medications and/or supplements.

meteor
March 27th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Yes, the only thing I can recommend is going to a doctor and getting full blood panel check-up. Make sure the panel includes ferritin and hormones. But any health issue could potentially be a contributing factor, so doing a full panel is important.

Normally, when health is restored, hair does regrow completely after a while. :flower:
Best of luck to you! :flowers: I wish you healthy growth and happy recovery! :D

Lady Mary
March 27th, 2015, 04:43 PM
I agree that a blood workup would be best but in the mean time, look for some Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I believe there's a thread here about it somewhere. Found it! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265)

Juliannaissance
April 5th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Thank you! I looked up Nizoral shampoo and noticed that it's an anti-fungal dandruff shampoo. I think that will work for me since I actually have dandruff and my scalp gets itchy, maybe that's why I've been losing hair.

Juliannaissance
April 5th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Yes, the only thing I can recommend is going to a doctor and getting full blood panel check-up. Make sure the panel includes ferritin and hormones. But any health issue could potentially be a contributing factor, so doing a full panel is important.

Normally, when health is restored, hair does regrow completely after a while. :flower:
Best of luck to you! :flowers: I wish you healthy growth and happy recovery! :D
Thank you! I will definitely go to the doctor to get that blood test. :)

Juliannaissance
April 5th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I agree that a blood workup would be best but in the mean time, look for some Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I believe there's a thread here about it somewhere. Found it! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265)

I've been reading that thread and it has a lot of helpful information, I'm going to surely start using that castor oil. Thank you!!

Silverbrumby
April 5th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Great suggestions. I'd add the following

. Vitamin d3. Harmless to take and a lot of people are deficient

. Whole food iron supplement if needed.

. Blood test for d3 and iron

. The shampoo mention did wonders for my shedding. I get a hot and itchy scalp if I don't use this twice a week. My scalp hates oil and being clogged.

. I use a dermal roller from Amazon 1mm spikes. Follow all the safety procedures and it's been amazing for dealing with shedding issues. It causes better skin and increased blood flow to scalp. Google you tube for dermal rollers and hair. Btw, most of the videos are dudes but I've found it works for my sheddi issues. I use it three times a week.

Agnes Hannah
April 5th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Silver Brumby, what are these derma rollers, I'm curious, do they work?
What is your routine with it. What are the results?
Thanks
:)

Silverbrumby
April 5th, 2015, 02:25 PM
This was done with men, the study but i have seen improvements without mixodal.

I part hair with fingers or wide toothed comb, roll derma roller over a few times. Part hair 1/2 an inch to an inch and do next part. Do mostly across top of head. 3 times a week.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

In the Microneedling group, 41 (82%) patients reported more than 50% improvement versus only 2 (4.5%) patients in the Minoxidil group. Unsatisfied patients to conventional therapy for AGA got good response with Microneedling treatment.

poompatta
November 4th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Great suggestions. I'd add the following

. Vitamin d3. Harmless to take and a lot of people are deficient

. Whole food iron supplement if needed.

. Blood test for d3 and iron

. The shampoo mention did wonders for my shedding. I get a hot and itchy scalp if I don't use this twice a week. My scalp hates oil and being clogged.

. I use a dermal roller from Amazon 1mm spikes. Follow all the safety procedures and it's been amazing for dealing with shedding issues. It causes better skin and increased blood flow to scalp. Google you tube for dermal rollers and hair. Btw, most of the videos are dudes but I've found it works for my sheddi issues. I use it three times a week.

Did you notice any new hair sprouts using derma roller. I have some bald spots and receding hairline, which really stresses me. Is derma roller painful? I did see some videos suggesting using it on shiny bald areas than areas with hair for the reason it pulling hair out. Did you experience any of that? I am assuming you are using it on areas where you already have hair.
Any input will be great!