PDA

View Full Version : The Voluminous Hair Thread

curlylocks85
March 24th, 2015, 09:58 AM
My hair is curly, thick and voluminous. I thought it would be great to have a thread where people can come together and share anything about having lots of volume.

I love my hair and its volume. People always say to me: "Have some hair!" However hey mean it, I always take it as compliment. In the past when I did not now how to take care of my properly, my school mates made fun of my hair and asked me awkward questions as to why I have so much hair. This created low self-esteem and I ended up doing horrible things to my hair so it would not be as voluminous and more like everyone else's stick straight hair. Now I know better and what people think and say about my hair to goes in one ear and out the other. I am so proud to have lots of volume and I accept my hair and that creates high self-esteem and confidence.

I would love to read about what other have to say about heir voluminous hair: The good the bad and everything in-between. :)

lapushka
March 24th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Well, mine's a lion's mane, with the emphasis on "wild", but I've come to accept it. ;)

MINAKO
March 24th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Naturally my hair is very voluminous too, but sadly also VERY frizzy. But not even the kind of frizz that is just dry, i have too many textures mixed on my head then i would care for. 70s Yoko Ono always describes it best. Might have been charming on her, but not the look i am personally prefering for myself. So i just worked towards getting my hair as heavy and sleek as possible (regardless of other peoples opinion, i simply like it that way)
My hair in its originaly texture was always very hard to deal with, tangly, tenting, all over the place. Straight in the front and on top, wavy in the length and curly underneath, with kinks sprinkled through. I mostly wore it in a bun or looped ponytail. If i was really lucky i could sometimes scrunch it to nice 3a-ish wurls when it was shorter.
However, i have seen plenty of voluminous hair on here i absolutely love, so im joining this thread just for the spirit and maybe sharing some tips.

Hairkay
March 24th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Mine always has lots of volume. I call my hair the bush.