PDA

View Full Version : Swimming pool without hair damage ?

Edelweiss
March 22nd, 2015, 05:11 AM
Hi !
I suffer from my back a lot, and both my doctor and my physiotherapist told me I needed to go to the swimming pool, because of a big lack of muscles.
I have nothing against this idea except... My hair.
If I go to the swimming pool I have to go at least 3 times a week or I won't have any of the positive effects.
The problem is that I wash my hair less than one time a week. And I can't wash my hair 3 times a week... It would be so damaging...
So I can't protect them with oil, or I will need to wash. :/

I have no idea of what to do, help me pleaaaase :(

DreamSheep
March 22nd, 2015, 05:18 AM
Could you double layer swimming caps? That way, you are more likely to keep the hair dry :)

ladyfey
March 22nd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Do you just think that washing three times a week would be very damaging, or do you know that your hair would be damaged by that? I am just asking because I wash every other day and have no problems with that. I do realize that everyone's hair is different though :)

Edelweiss
March 22nd, 2015, 06:09 AM
As I can't swim if my head's not underwater, the double layer won't work, I've already tried :/

I know it will be damaging, the less I wash my hair, the more it is healthy

Anje
March 22nd, 2015, 09:26 AM
Wear a swim cap and commit to washing your hair afterward. Plenty of longhairs wash 3 times a week and have hair in great condition.

Also, be aware that even if your cap didn't leak, your hair will likely be damp from sweat. It doesn't exactly evaporate under there.

Kelikea
March 22nd, 2015, 09:38 AM
You can protect your hair from chlorine damage by rinsing with tap water first and working in some conditioner. Wear a swim cap and then rinse again when you get out. Once a week use a swimmer's shampoo.

Mimha
March 22nd, 2015, 09:56 AM
You can protect your hair from chlorine damage by rinsing with tap water first and working in some conditioner. Wear a swim cap and then rinse again when you get out. Once a week use a swimmer's shampoo.

This advice sounds very good to me : if you saturate your hair with clean water and co before you put your swimming cap, it will not absorb too much pool water that could go underneath, and it will be easy to rinse afterward, just with clear water... And keep shampoo for a once-a-week use.

picklepie
March 22nd, 2015, 01:08 PM
^^ this is exactly what I do when I'm swimming a lot, and no ill effects. Finding the right swimming cap, though, *that* was the challenge!