PDA

View Full Version : A little help heeded!

Safira
March 20th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Hello everyone. Yesterday I thought my hair felt weird and clariefied. It usually helps and this time made its magic again. Now I'm asking you, why is the feeling, when you try to pet your up, you know what I mean; take a hair and pet it up and down. Mine feels sitcky when I do it up. If I pet it down, hair feels smooth.
Did anybody get`:D Sorry my english and another cup of coffee.
Heres the ingrendients list from the conditioner I used
Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, behenoyl pg-trimonium chlotide, hexylene glycol,citric acid, sodium benzoate.
I didnt use leave-ins because my hair feels good :)

Wosie
March 20th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Does it squeak, too? ;) It often feels like that for me after I've clarified, as there's not much covering the strand (i.e. old conditioner and oils), and there are tiny scales called the cuticle (like shingles on a roof) on top of every hair strand that are a little more rugged, exposed and vulnerable after you've clarified.

My guess is that it'll feel perfectly normal again after your next wash. :)

Safira
March 20th, 2015, 02:42 AM
What?? Squeek?? ;) No, but I wouldnt mind if it starts to sing and telling stories :D
But for real, thank you for advise, that would explain the feeling :blossom:

gthlvrmx
March 20th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Rubbing an individual hair upwards (towards the root of the hair) usually feels rougher or even harder to do. It's usually not as smooth. That's normal, and if by "sticky" you mean like your fingers feel as if you hit some speed bumps across the hair (and by that I mean more as in your fingers stop or slow down as you rub the hair because it is not as smooth) and they don't glide smoothly then that's normal. But if you mean the hair feels sticky as in it sticks onto your finger and to other hairs (like glue) then maybe you should look into why it feels that way.

furnival
March 20th, 2015, 06:55 AM
The cuticles on each hair point downwards, like overlapping scales, so hair always feels rougher when sliding fingers up towards the root.