PDA

View Full Version : Help with combating oily/flat hair day after a wash?

Sinthia
March 17th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone :) I never used to have this problem, but since using henna and indigo, I am. I find that after I wash my hair, it is more limp than it used to be, and I cant go a day without washing or it is completely flat, greasy looking, etc. Its driving me crazy, I used to be able to go 3+ days. I think its because the henna REALLY conditions my hair which is awesome. My hair does feel so soft and great, even on the chemical damaged parts.

I am thinking maybe I need not condition as often? And ive been trying to shampoo the roots and condition just the ends, but its not doing that much.

I use sulphate free, cone free and protein free products. But I notice they all do have oils and such in them, so maybe its time for a less moisturizing product?

Anje
March 17th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Have you tried shampooing but not conditioning the hair near the scalp? That would at least give you some leeway in how much your hair can sop up, especially if you're using oily conditioners.

Sinthia
March 17th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Yes :) Doesnt seem to help much. I am thinking I have to find a shampoo that isnt moisturizing. Pretty sure all of the ones I have now are moisturizing or nourishing. Dry shampoo doesnt work on my hair either .

AlexDig
March 17th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I'be noticed my hair needs change with the weather so it might just be a matter of tweaking the routine for the warmer seasons? I have also noticed that as my hair grows in healthier, I need to switch up what I'm doing.

yahirwaO.o
March 17th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Yeah warm weather and super conditioned hair makes mine look super silky but also super flat and oily looking too!!!!

Maybe clarify or a vinegar rinse could help u out!!!

Some people with texture like us prefer to have a tiny bit of damage to avoid this type of thing......

endlessly
March 17th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I started noticing this problem when I somehow switched myself to a very moisturizing shampoo - I could go one, but just barely two days before I desperately had to wash my hair, and considering that I'd been able to go 4-5 in the past, this was pretty frustrating. For me, I now know that I have to switch products and as much as I want mega moisture for my hair, my hair actually doesn't like it. One thing you can try that has helped me a lot in the past is a diluted vinegar spray. I mix apple cider vinegar with water in a spray bottle, then mist it into my hair focusing on the roots, leave it for a bit, then rinse in the shower - remember to pay special attention massaging your scalp, too, because that's especially helpful!