PDA

View Full Version : Got a compliment!

Tapioca
October 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
I was in Big Bear this last weekend with the females of my family, and my hair was in a pinless braided bun while we looked through the shops.
One of the shopkeepers loved the updo and asked me how I did it. So, out come the sticks, the braid falls down, and up it all goes again. Maybe 20 seconds total. He was surprised that it was a lot simpler than it looked.
I think he was just flattering me to try to get a sale, but it felt good all the same.

GlassEyes
October 1st, 2008, 10:34 AM
Even if he was trying to get a sale out of you, he'd still have to focus on the one thing that stood out about you. : D Or the most, or even the most without being creepy.

So it's still a compliment, and it's still really cool. xD People that do that 'Oh I have a simple bun that's complicated t anyone else and I'm going to take it down, watch the stares and put it back up again in twenty seconds' are awesome. XD

Amara
October 1st, 2008, 01:22 PM
Haha, I have also had the compliment where they ask how on earth you do it, so you whip it down and back up in two seconds, turn around and see their jaws on the floor.

Go you! :)

spidermom
October 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Terrific. A good compliment goes a long way.

CopperHead
October 1st, 2008, 03:29 PM
You have lovely hair, so I'm sure the compliment was genuine. :)

embee
October 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Very nice! It does feel good to have somebody notice.

I did that 20 second thing to my cousin not long ago - she said my bun was "complex" and boy did I show her! ;)

mellie
October 1st, 2008, 04:03 PM
Wow - you have some skills!!! Mine wouldn't look very good with no mirror and just 20 seconds, haha! :-)

*BelievingAgain
October 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM
Yay for compliments!!! Don't worry if he was trying to make a sale, you're the one who managed to walk away feeling great, without having to make a purchase! :cheese:

winter_star
October 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM
Regardless of why you got the compliment, your hair definatly had to catch his eye! Congratulations!

Stacy_E
October 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm glad--let me be another to compliment you on your braided bun---I noticed it in your siggy a couple months ago and it really is beautiful!! You inspired me to give it a try, and I really like it. Secure, beautiful, simple, but complicated looking. It was a staple during my Hawaii trip in August.

ole gray mare
October 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM
Your hair is gorgeous and definitely deserves loads of compliments! :flowers:

paper
October 2nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
aww, what a nice compliment. I know I would of been impressed too! :crush:

Shanarana
October 2nd, 2008, 06:21 AM
I try and make a point of giving someone a compliment each day. I know how good they feel, and you never know how much it may mean to someone.

I'm always thrilled when someone looks at my pictures and gives me a compliment on one or two of them. It really does make my day.

By the way, your hair is gorgeous, and I love your siggy picture.

Shanarana
October 2nd, 2008, 06:22 AM
Yay for compliments!!! Don't worry if he was trying to make a sale, you're the one who managed to walk away feeling great, without having to make a purchase! :cheese:

That is such a pretty clip you have in your hair. :)

DavidN
October 2nd, 2008, 06:22 AM
Congratulations, Tapioca, on getting that compliment, and it is moments like this that may our days brighter. Thank you for sharing.

Sherri
October 2nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
I have to stop and look at your siggy every time I see it. Your hair is really an eye catcher. I get envious of you iii's sometime!!! :heart:

FrannyG
October 2nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Thank you for sharing that compliment with us. I suspect that it was a very genuine compliment. I don't see much hair like yours, or beautiful braided buns in real life ever.

It was a well-deserved compliment to be sure. :blossom:

Isblå
October 6th, 2008, 03:13 PM
What a nice compliment! I must say I think it was sincere, even if he was trying to sell something. I am looking forward to the day when I will be able to make a nice bun like yours (the one in the sig). It is beautiful! I think that i'll have to wait some years at least to achieve something like that...

kunibob
October 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Haha, that's fantastic! You must have been glowing after that! I can't wait until the day that I can make someone's hair drop with my hairdos...in the meantime, I'll keep practicing all the lovely jaw-dropping styles I see here.