PDA

View Full Version : Staying put and clinging to my clothing!

Savvyhorsez
March 14th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Hey all, you probably know that I have super fine thin hair. When I wear it down though, it static clings to my clothing, especially my pants, then wearing it down a no fun trying to pull it off all the time. I've tried oil, conditioner, detangler, but it keeps on clinging. I was curious if anyone else has this issue and if they know of a solution to make wearing your hair down fun. Thanks!

picklepie
March 14th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Some sort of static-reducer in your laundry routine?

Arctic
March 14th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Natural fibres for clothes?

meteor
March 14th, 2015, 05:16 PM
You can use anti-static laundry sheets on your hair. Works like a charm.

Alternatively, wetting hair down and oiling it, using leave-ins and keeping hair overall well-moisturized is the answer. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 14th, 2015, 06:10 PM
....Don't wear pants....:p

meteor
March 14th, 2015, 06:22 PM
....Don't wear pants....:p

Ha-ha, that's an option, too! :p Plus, the OP is past classic, so she can totally pull that off! :applause

endlessly
March 14th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Depending on where you live and how dry the air is that might be part of the reason you have so much static cling in your hair and clothing. Do you currently use any products in your laundry to reduce cling - dryer sheets, fabric softener, etc?

Another quick tip, but I'm not so sure if it's healthy for hair or not: take a dryer sheet and lightly rub it over your hair. Apparently, it helps with flyaways, but can also help with preventing hair from sticking to everything within reach.

Arctic
March 14th, 2015, 07:03 PM
This trick help when skirt sticks to pantyhose-wearing legs, and maybe give it a try if it'll help you too. It might work in a pinch.

The original tip is to take regular handlotion on your hands, rub your hand until it's mostly / almost completely absorbed (depending on pantyhose material, sheer ones can take more lotion without it showing). Then run your hands over your pantyhose (or why not against the lining of the skirt?). It's like magic, and tames the static. Must work in similar way as the drier sheet trick.

So, you could try this on your clothes or your hair. Test on unvisible spot first so the lotion won't leave white marks on the fabric.

Savvyhorsez
March 16th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Haha Sarahlabyrinth. Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone! I will certainly try the dryer sheets!

gwenalyn
March 17th, 2015, 02:28 PM
I used to have this problem as a kid (not sure why it stopped ... ), but it was always worse the day I had washed it. You could try stretching washes, or using a less stripping shampoo.