PDA

View Full Version : Silicone-grippy stretchy hairbands?

QMacrocarpa
March 13th, 2015, 08:19 AM
I've been wearing stretchy headbands a bit more than I used to to tame the cloud of short wisps that I always have around my head, but perhaps in greater quantity at the moment as I slowly regrow after a shed. My problem is the plain elastic bands eventually pop off of my head, and I'm frustrated with losing them, or finding them in the back of my shirt collar, or just worrying that my hairband will wander off at any moment. I've seen stretchy hair bands with silicone-grippy things on them, but I have no experience with them. Do they help prevent hair-band-pop-off? Are they gentle on the hair? Any special tips and tricks for using them?

Hosta
March 13th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I just had a hair dresser tell me she was seeing a lot of girls with breakage from the headbands. I have one with velvet that doesn't slip. I don't wear it a lot so I don know about breakage. I have been wondering if it would cause damage.

MINAKO
March 13th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I have been standing in front of these at the drugstore a gazillion times asking myself the same question. I did never dare to try them out tho. It was more of a thing for me when i was growing out my bangs, now i hardly wear headbands anymore, but i would be curious to know anyways.