PDA

View Full Version : Kari Byron's haircut?

Janka
March 13th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Hi all!
I was wondering if anyone can tell me which haircut Kari Byron has? I like it and I feel I need a change, so I wanted to ask...
Don't get me wrong ;-) I have waist long hair, thanks to this wonderful community. I learned new styles, I have lots of hair toys and I like my hair.
BUT, I have two kinds and I wear my hair 99% up. I use a handful of styles (easy-wrap-bun, ponytail, braided ponytail, rope braid and sometimes combination of these). Sometimes I would like to wear my hair down, but it's alsmost only possible at work...
My hair has the quality of spaghetti: raw spaghetti when I comb it, after drying with an hair dryer even worse: S-T-R-A-I-G-H-T. My hair is like cooked spaghetti if i don't comb it and let it air dry: M-E-S-S. Some buns give me nice waves, for like an hour or two. And there my problem: Kari seems to have some natural waves. But how will her haircut behave on my hair? I know it will look great for an hour or two after leaving the hairdresser... I definitely don't have time to style my hair in the morning any more than a lazy wrap bun or similar :rolleyes:
So I was thinking about this kind of haircut, but not as short as Kari, I was thinking about BSL. I still then could use all my hair toys, I could still just make a quick bun or so, BUT I had the possibility to wear my hair down easier... Even if I have to run after my two-year old daugther and carry my handbag containing a 3-room appartment ;-) :-D
Thanx!
J.

Breanna
March 13th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Where could I find a picture of it? I bet it's cute, I love her and I've always liked her style.

Janka
March 16th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Hi!
Some pictures are on her website karibyron.com, some on IMDB. If I only serached for "Kari Byron's haircut", I got other pictures... I mean of other people. Sometimes, the hair cut was similar, at least ;-)
What I suppose is that the hair cut is not one length, but somehow in "steps". An I actually did not want to have such steps, I try to grow them out currently...
So basically I am torn between leaving my hair as is and trying something new, but still keeping some length for those too-busy mornings, when a hair stick and a few twists give me a "hairdo" ;-)

arr
March 16th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I've watched a lot of Mythbusters and from what I can tell Kari has very heavily layered hair with bangs that seem to blend into the layers, meaning it's hard to tell where the bangs end and the rest of the hair starts. If you don't want layers then you won't have anything that looks like her haircut. It sounds like you want to keep some length so maybe you could do something like side swept bangs that blend into face framing layers and long layers throughout the rest of the hair.

MsBubbles
March 16th, 2015, 07:34 AM
I had no idea who she is so I googled her. Her hair looks to be not particularly thick to start with, and with all the layering, seems thin-looking on the bottom (not in any bad way though), so based on that, it looks pretty easy to achieve if you have any kind of wave-ability in your own hair :shrug:.

Janka
March 18th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I feared it was with layers... sigh... Actually, I'm trying to get rid of the ones I had in the previous hair cuts... I don't like hair sticking out from braids and buns...
And as my hair is straight like raw spaghetti, I can thus forget this haircut...
So I guess I'll need to learn some new buns instead ;-) :-D

Janka
March 18th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I feared it was with layers... sigh... Actually, I'm trying to get rid of the ones I had in the previous hair cuts... I don't like hair sticking out from braids and buns...
And as my hair is straight like raw spaghetti, I can thus forget this haircut...
So I guess I'll need to learn some new buns instead ;-) :-D