PDA

View Full Version : Longest Shed Hair

lunalocks
March 9th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Occasionally I find an untangled, shed hair just begging to be measured. For the past 2 years the longest ones were 30 inches. This week I found one that was 35 inches! My length in LHC measure is 45 inches. And from scalp to ends (measuring on the side) it is 38 inches.

So, how long is your longest shed hair and how does it compare to your LHC measurement? And do you get as happy as I do when the shed hairs measure longer and longer?

lapushka
March 9th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Errr... can't say I go around measuring my sheds. Why do I find this odd, even for LHC? :hmm: :lol:

MINAKO
March 9th, 2015, 01:52 PM
I cant say i have never done this, but its been a while and i dont remember. Basically im not very interested in my shaeds unless i would notice an increased number. Hair looses its magic as soon as it decides to part from my scalp.

Nadine <3
March 9th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I don't really measure my hair...I have no idea how many inches long mine are. I did vaguely notice while sticking my sheds to the bathroom wall this morning that they did look a lot longer than the last time I noticed them.

gthlvrmx
March 9th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I don't measure my shed hairs much but I do feel very happy to see shed hairs that are longer than before! It shows that my hair is growing! :)

Dewdrop
March 9th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I don't measure, but I do keep one from every month so I can see how much it has grown visually!

lapushka
March 9th, 2015, 03:34 PM
The only thing I have noticed is that if I lose my white hairs, that they are *much* shorter than my regular hairs, about half the length. No idea why. Maybe they have a shorter terminal. Nooo idea!

squirrrel
March 9th, 2015, 04:29 PM
I haven't measured for length proper before, but I got one just this week which seemed LONG to me (for me) and ended up finding out that it was about the length of my arm...

trolleypup
March 9th, 2015, 05:35 PM
My absolute longest sheds are 11 inches shorter than my total length...so 50".