PDA

View Full Version : Plopping Success!! woot wooot :DD

CurlyGrace
March 8th, 2015, 07:42 AM
For anyone who does not know what plopping is, it's basically piling your hair on top of your head and putting a cotton T-shirt turban over it after you apply your leave-in and gel. Here's a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N6wO9X7j3s

Last night I finally did this myself and left it on for maybe around 9-10 hours (slept with it lol). I am very pleased with the results - curliness near the root has been something I've always thought was unattainable for me - and I wanted to share my success with you all :)

http://i.imgur.com/lpqUOsv.jpg
So this was before plopping, and as you can see the top of my head is very flat and the curliness in my hair only really shows up near the bottom in tight coils.

http://i.imgur.com/nlpcaQ7.jpg
And this is after! It's only a little crunchy, but I can live with that. It looks shorter than in my other pics, but that's only because there's more curl/shrinkage. I took a couple more pics with the light off so it could capture the shininess.

http://i.imgur.com/QjLvSD2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/apLkIXG.jpg

SnottyDotty
March 8th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Wow, beautiful results :)

lapushka
March 8th, 2015, 07:59 AM
That came out great! Beautiful curls. :D

Atira
March 8th, 2015, 08:04 AM
What did you put in your hair for gel? Perfect!

CurlyGrace
March 8th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Thanks you guys!

What did you put in your hair for gel? Perfect!

I washed with conditioner only, and for my conditioner I used Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare, and then when I rinsed a left just a little in. For my gel I used LA Looks Mega Mega Hold :)

Begemot
March 8th, 2015, 09:37 AM
:thud: Amazing results, your curls are so beautiful!

slynr
March 8th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Wow! Your curls look amazing and your hair shiny and healthy. Certainly looks like a success to me!

Elly May
March 8th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing!

Daylilly
March 8th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I've got to try this plopping. It looks great, very defined curls with no frizz.

FallingDarkness
March 8th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Oh wow, when I plopped my hair never got that beautiful . . . Soo jealous! Congratulations on your absolutely FANTASTIC results <3

Halliday
March 8th, 2015, 12:32 PM
So gorgeous!

stachelbeere
March 8th, 2015, 12:34 PM
really beautiful <3 you look just like my sister btw :) at first I thought it was actually her heh

Pinni
March 8th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Looks so beautiful!

sjlaurence
March 8th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Wow! Your curls look amazing.

CoveredByLove
March 8th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Gorgeous curls!!!! :thud:

I need to try this! I like to wash my hair at night because it saves time in the AM. The pinappling thing doesn't work for me if I'm wanting to wear it down the next day...they still manage to get smooshed. Rewetting it to reactivate them is hit and miss for me.

I need some details!

Did you plop wet? or was it somewhat dried first? I'm afraid mine won't dry by in the morning if I plop wet.
What did you use? A t-shirt or something else?

Thanks!

snowyx
March 8th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Your curls are amazing!! I tried this a couple of times but the long sleeved t shirt I used always managed to slip of my head within 2 hours of sleeping .__.

Oh well. Congrats on your beautiful result!!

CurlyGrace
March 8th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all the compliments everybody! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :o

Gorgeous curls!!!! :thud:

I need to try this! I like to wash my hair at night because it saves time in the AM. The pinappling thing doesn't work for me if I'm wanting to wear it down the next day...they still manage to get smooshed. Rewetting it to reactivate them is hit and miss for me.

I need some details!

Did you plop wet? or was it somewhat dried first? I'm afraid mine won't dry by in the morning if I plop wet.
What did you use? A t-shirt or something else?

Thanks!

Thank you! I tried pineappling a few times before and it just never really worked on me either. Yeah, I plopped after gently squeezing just a bit of water out - while my hair was dripping wet for the most part. I used an old cotton T-shirt, the main thing is that it has to be 100% cotton. In the morning it felt only a little wet in some areas, but I was able to use my blow-dryer on the cool setting to get rid of that pretty easily. Good luck tonight, hope it works out for you :)

Your curls are amazing!! I tried this a couple of times but the long sleeved t shirt I used always managed to slip of my head within 2 hours of sleeping .__.

Oh well. Congrats on your beautiful result!!

Thank you! I had some trouble keeping it on at first too, but after using a scrunchie to secure the two loose ends in the back it worked out well c:

AlexDig
March 8th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Oh my goodness, gorgeous curls!! I love it!

I've never gotten plopping to work but I think it may be a matter of me not being able to get away with plopping overnight with wet hair because my hair is so fine. I wake up with CRAZY hair stuck to the top of my head...not pretty! I'll have to try it with dry curls or maybe just for short periods of time. Honestly, the best thing I've found has been to not touch my hair as much as possible!

Pineappling is incredibly hit or miss for me...but that's trye for my curls all the time! :-)

Kina
March 8th, 2015, 03:12 PM
very pretty :)

MedusaWarrior
March 8th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Excellent results! That's quite a difference.

Flowerness
March 8th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Gorgeous hair! You make me kind of want to try this now! Great job!

Beborani
March 8th, 2015, 05:23 PM
That's beautiful, thanks for sharing!

butterflybutton
March 8th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Stunning results!!

DreamSheep
March 8th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! :)

TrapperCreekD
March 8th, 2015, 08:11 PM
:thud: Gorgeous!

mamaherrera
March 8th, 2015, 09:10 PM
I'm jealous. I only do plopping for like fifteen minutes, but I always get a wonky part, like hair going in funky directions.

AZDesertRose
March 8th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Lovely results!

Your hair is pretty both ways, honestly. :D