PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find [x]? (for newbies!)

RancheroTheBee
March 6th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Since I've been away for a while, I've noticed a lot of new faces (or heads, I guess), and a lot of people seem to have questions about where to pick up essentials, like ACV, silk pillowcases, etc. So, I wanted to start a thread where people can submit the most accessible places to find long hair essentials. When I was looking for henna for the first time, people always told me to go to "Indian spice shops", which wasn't very specific and where I was living, wasn't very accessible. I also couldn't find a silk pillowcase for the life of me and ended up making one out of an old shirt.

So, this thread's purpose is to: a) mention easily accessible places to find common items we mention here and b) ask questions on where to find things. Because I am a Canadian living close to America, who once lived in England... most of the indepth suggestions will centre around that. If you live in a different region, please pipe up! I will be working on this list as much as I can, so if it seems a little sparse, don't worry; I am working on it!

If you have a specific regional suggestion/item suggestion and I haven't added it to the list, then PM me.

Hit ctrl+f (on PC) or command-f (on Mac) to find an item; I will try to add regions as I find them. This list is by no means exhaustive; if I do not have your region listed, it's because no one has made a suggestion, so if you're Australian, for example, and you know a store where you can find shea butter, let us know, or PM me.

Shopping Tips:

- Please don't be afraid to ask. If you think a store might carry what you're looking for, do not hesitate to ask! No one is going to laugh at you because you can't find the coconut oil!
- Basic websites like Amazon can be a godsend for finding items. I prefer to use it as a last resort, personally, but lots of people like to use it.
- Nine times out of ten, what you're looking for might be hiding right under your nose, hence why so many of the suggestions are for the grocery store. We're a creative bunch here!

ITEMS

ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar):

Canada/The US: The grocery store, in the baking aisle. It is next to the regular vinegar, but it's darker. In health food stores, it will sometimes be stocked inside fridges in the back, and it will often be cloudier than many grocery store brands, such as Heinz. If memory serves, it's about $3.
England/UK: Sold as 'cyder vinegar', and it is also in the baking aisle.

Argan Oil:

When selecting an argan oil, make sure to check the ingredients: often things sold as argan oil actually contain many other ingredients, including dimethicone, which you may not mind but it is good to keep in mind in case you want the pure oil. In Canada, Rexall sells argan oil under their "Life" house-brand. NOTE: Please let me know of other stores in the US, the UK and Europe where you have found pure, undiluted argan oil! Warning, it can be a little expensive. Small bottles typically run upwards to $25, and that includes the "hair treatment" variety that contains stuff that isn't argan oil.

https://www.taprootfarmsak.com/ (ships internationally, also sells shea butter!)

Boar Bristle Brushes:

Canada/The US: Large chain drug stores with dedicated haircare sections often have BBBs, but they are sometimes combined (acrylic/BBB). Sally's often carries them. In the Southwestern US, Walmart apparently carries BBBs in the "ethnic" haircare section; if you're elsewhere in the US, you may have similar luck, but BBBs in Canadian Walmarts are usually in the accessory section, not with the relaxers. They're typically about $10 to $20.
England: Large Boots locations sometimes carry them, but will sometimes have the same "combined fibres" issue large chain drug stores in NA will have, but they do carry the Ecotools brush, which I have heard is decent.

Castor Oil:

You know how I mentioned that we're a creative bunch? Well, castor oil is actually a laxative. It's sold in drug stores and grocery stores next to the Immodium and Ex-Lax. Expect to pay around $2-$4.

Coconut Oil:

In practically every region, the recommendation is nearly identical: Your trusty neighbourhood grocery store. Go into the cooking/oils aisle, and it should be there. If it's not, try a larger grocery store. If every grocery store in your area is not fun enough to have coconut oil, a health food store will have it. Virgin, cold-pressed seems to be the preference around these parts. Prices range between $5 and $20, depending on size, brand and your region.

Cone-free Conditioners:

My favourite cone-free is Suave, and you can find it in most grocery stores, but drug stores do not often carry it for some reason. Last time I bought it, it was a dollar, and I live in one of the most expensive cities in North America. If you're in a drug store and want to find one, L'Oreal's Everpure line has conditioners without 'cones. In the Netherlands/Holland and Belgium, Action stores will have cheap conditioner (as well as hair accessories).

EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil):

Yoooou guessed it! It's in the oils/cooking aisle at your local grocery store. Even the most woefully understocked grocery store will carry olive oil. It's usually around $6 to $8.

Monistat/Daktarin:

Monistat is sold in the feminine hygiene section; it's an anti-fungal yeast infection cream. Check one of the many master threads about MN about how to use it. Monistat appears to be the US/Canada choice for this type of hair experiment. You'll be looking for the "inside itches" cream, usually sold in applicator tubes in either 2% or 4% strength. Expect to pay between $5 and $20, depending on region. In Canada: Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Rexall and any other drug store. In the US, your local grocers, Walmart, and drug store carry them, but I have heard good things about the Dollar Tree discount brand.

As for Daktarin, it's mainly used for athlete's foot, and will be together with foot powders and insoles in Boots and other drug stores.

Silk Pillowcases:

Walmart, Target, Linen's N' Things, etc. Any store that sells pillowcases is likely to have silk or satin; they are typically sold in singles and you should expect to pay anywhere between $3 and $9 for them. Another recommendation would be go to any fabric store and sift through their scraps bin for silk or satin. You do not need much fabric to make one or two for yourself. Finally, if you're only half-handy (like me) Ardene's, Claire's, or other inexpensive accessory stores will often sell satin or silk scarves. Select the large square ones, pin the corners together and sew into a tube. Ta-da! Silk pillowcase. Note: Satin sleepcaps are sold in the "ethnic" haircare section in Walmart.

See also: http://www.dharmatrading.com/clothing/silk-charmeuse-pillowcase.html, http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Mulberry-Pillowcase-Facial-standard/dp/B0040UU43Y

WEBSITES

http://www.essentialoilsdirect.co.uk/ - Essential Oils for UK folks

http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/ - Spices and Herbs (UK)

http://www.hennasooq.ca/ - Henna, Canada-based

Laurenji
March 6th, 2015, 09:28 AM
What a great idea for a thread! I will probably add to this later.

lapushka
March 6th, 2015, 10:11 AM
I found my MO (mineral oil) and some of my turbie towels on ebay. J&J baby oil isn't really sold in a lot of places around here, so... ebay is a nice place to find things you can't find elsewhere. And there's Etsy for more handcrafted items.

Also for Belgian and Dutch people, your local "Action" (discount store) is a nice resource for cheap and discounted hair items such as shampoo and conditioner. They used to carry turbie towels, but don't seem to anymore.

ChloeDharma
March 6th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Amazon, I really find that a great place for so many things. Ebay too but I don't have an account there so have the hassle of using my sister's one.

I buy most oils and essential oils on Amazon although Avocado and Rice bran oil I buy in my supermarket as they are cheaper for the same brand. ACV I buy in the supermarket too. Some oils, particularly Ayurvedic blends like the mahabhringraj oil I buy from the Indian grocers as it's ridiculously expensive on both ebay and amazon in comparison. Most Indian herbs I get from the grocers too, for the same reason.

For bulk buying essential oils I use http://www.essentialoilsdirect.co.uk/ but that's a UK wholesale site so I'm not sure what use it is for people in other countries.
Actually for people who don't live near an area with Indian grocers then this website is good for herbs http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/

Etsy is popular here though I've never used it myself. If I think of any others then I'll add more here.

ETA for those turban towel things I've found them in the 99p store and poundland. I also brought one from Amazon. I brought my satin sleep caps on Amazon too.

browneyedsusan
March 6th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Great thread!

here in the midwest, I find:
Coconut oil-- grocery, super-Walmart or Meijer; usually in the baking aisle near the shortening/Crisco
ACV -- same store: sometimes in the salad dressing aisle
EVOO-- same place, baking aisle

I don't use turbie towels--Torrin Paige uses a t-shirt, so that's what I do too!

ETA: I order henna from hennasooq.com.

RancheroTheBee
March 6th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Oh! I remembered a few.

- Satin sleep caps: Walmart carries them in the same section where they sell relaxers and St. Helen's Cholesterol. Some drug stores have similar sections, and usually have them hanging near the top.
- Cheap cone-free conditioners: Your local grocery store! Suave is my favourite cone-free. It's usually about a dollar or two. A lot of dollar stores seem to carry it as well.

almorin
March 6th, 2015, 12:58 PM
silk pillowcases: amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Mulberry-Pillowcase-Facial-standard/dp/B0040UU43Y
silk sleep cap: Sally's
argan oil: I've been buying online from this website: https://www.taprootfarmsak.com/
coconut oil: grocery store cooking aisle

Anje
March 6th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Another silk pillowcase suggestion: Dharma trading. http://www.dharmatrading.com/clothing/silk-charmeuse-pillowcase.html

RavennaNight
March 6th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Silk pillowcases: NY & NJ Walmart, target, and many supermarkets in the "ethnic hair care" sections.
Tea tree oil: Natural food stores, the nail care section of CVS in Staten Island
Denman brushes: Sally beauty supply.
Apple cider vinegar: Natural food aisle of the grocery store if you want it with "the mother."
Coconut Oil: best prices are in Trader Joe unless you have a Costco membership and can get a ginormous tub for $17
Claire's and Icing have plastic hair sticks which are cheap (and aesthetically attractive) for beginners.
Castor oil: if you can't find the Jamaican Black kind, the local pharmacy has it in the digestive health section, it's a laxative.

brickworld13
March 6th, 2015, 02:49 PM
JoAnn Fabric and Crafts regularly takes fabric pieces less than a yard and sells them at at least 50% off as remnants. (Can be discounted even further during sales. Like that one time I got 3/4 yard of gorgeous brocade for $2.) Sometimes there are some really nice materials. Stop by from time to time and dig through the bins. They also sell a wide variety of DIY supplies that you can use for hair related crafting.

I get my hair ties from any store that sells kids clothes. I just use the terry cloth ones. U-pins from Sally's. Olive oil and coconut oil from the grocery store. Yarn from any store that sells it, but natural fibers are better for parandas. Synthetic fibers leave a fair amount of lint.

RancheroTheBee
March 8th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Oh, my goodness, this thread was stickied. :cloud9:

Anyway, very regional suggestions, if you live in Toronto/GTA: On Yonge and Bay, on the southwest side of the street, is Toronto Barber and Beauty Supply. It carries the following items:

- Boar Bristle Brushes
- Punky Colors dye
- Wella Hair colour/developers
- Real hair cutting scissors
- Protein packs
- Bleach powder and developer separately
- And much, much more.

It's basically like a really tiny Sally's, just for hair.

And Honey Fig off Sheppard Station sells Henna Sooq, if you're iffy about having things shipped.

browneyedsusan
March 8th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Oh, my goodness, this thread was stickied. :cloud9:
*snip*

Because it's AWESOME!!! :cheese:

Cania
March 8th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Could all this info be added to the OP, split by region? I imagine that would be easier for newbies than going through the whole thing. This was a really good idea ^_^

In the UK you can find ACV in all the major supermarkets. Look for "cyder vinegar".

gthlvrmx
March 8th, 2015, 04:33 PM
In Southern California, you can find Suave naturals conditioner at Walmart. Clarifying shampoos are found in Walmart as well (including Neautrogena Anti-Residue shampoo) You can also find there BBB's in the ethnic section I think and spin pins in the same aisle at Walmart. Spin pins are also sold here at CVS. You can get raw honey from the Farm Store at Cal Poly Pomona. Just bring a jar and fill your jar up with the raw honey they have. You can ask them questions about the honey if you have any concerns, it should be raw honey. I read and was told that their honey comes from their bee farm/hives they have.

Hairsticks and hair forks can be found on Etsy! Can anyone add links to reliable shops on etsy to get hair sticks and hair forks? I don't know of any, I just know you can buy hair sticks and hair forks there. I hope it's allowed to link us to shops on here.

-Fern
March 8th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Hairsticks and hair forks can be found on Etsy! Can anyone add links to reliable shops on etsy to get hair sticks and hair forks? I don't know of any, I just know you can buy hair sticks and hair forks there. I hope it's allowed to link us to shops on here.

I'll be that recursive chick who links a sticky within a sticky: Links to popular products (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120055), including hair toy links.

My question is... Where do I find pure cocoa butter and pure shea butter for hair recipes? Would Palmer's lotion work?

RancheroTheBee
March 8th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Could all this info be added to the OP, split by region? I imagine that would be easier for newbies than going through the whole thing. This was a really good idea ^_^

In the UK you can find ACV in all the major supermarkets. Look for "cyder vinegar".

;) Will do! I'll try to stay on top of it.

RancheroTheBee
March 8th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I'll be that recursive chick who links a sticky within a sticky: Links to popular products (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120055), including hair toy links.

My question is... Where do I find pure cocoa butter and pure shea butter for hair recipes? Would Palmer's lotion work?

I think Palmer's has some additives in it that would make it unsuitable, but don't quote me on that. I've found pure cocoa butter and pure shea in the "ethnic" haircare section of a lot of chain drug stores, but other ideas include: soap-making stores, health-food stores and often Jamaican hair salons.

lapushka
March 9th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Kruidvat is another Belgian/Dutch store that sells hair supplies (shampoo, conditioner, sometimes TT knock-offs).

Daylilly
March 9th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Where can I find pure aloe vera with no added chemicals? Thanks in advance for answers.

Anje
March 9th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Where can I find pure aloe vera with no added chemicals? Thanks in advance for answers.

If you want the really pure stuff, I'd suggest getting a plant. (I've heard it works really well in hair treatments, too.) The next step down is that there's juice you can drink which you can find in the pharmacy section of stores and probably in vitamin/herbal supplement places.

I typically use a clear stabilized gel, Fruit of the Earth. Walmart sells that variety by the lotions. It doesn't have analgesics in it, but it's a far cry from plant juice.

vpatt
May 19th, 2015, 06:32 AM
What does stickied mean and I wonder why I don't get email notification? Do I need to wait for more posts. Thanks

missrandie
May 19th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Here in Texas, I found an ounce bottle of pure Argan oil at Sally's for $7.50. The same thing was next door at Ulta for $12.

brickworld13
May 19th, 2015, 08:22 AM
What does stickied mean and I wonder why I don't get email notification? Do I need to wait for more posts. Thanks

A sticky thread is always in the same place. It's kind of like glueing the thread to a specific spot so you can always find it easily.

Last I knew, our email system was still broken. That's why you aren't getting any emails to subscribed threads and if you try to reset your password you won't get an email either. You have to email support for a new password. If you want to see your subscribed threads, you can look at your control panel and see if they are there. At the very top of every page it says settings. That link takes you to your control panel.

Seventy7
May 19th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I found my MO (mineral oil) and some of my turbie towels on ebay. J&J baby oil isn't really sold in a lot of places around here, so... ebay is a nice place to find things you can't find elsewhere. And there's Etsy for more handcrafted items.

Also for Belgian and Dutch people, your local "Action" (discount store) is a nice resource for cheap and discounted hair items such as shampoo and conditioner. They used to carry turbie towels, but don't seem to anymore.

I found my Natusan baby oil at Etos. It was the one with the least ingredients I could find. It does have some other ingredient though.
Most plant-oils I got at De Tuinen in the Netherlands. The argan oil for hair had other ingredients as well, but the argan oil for skin is pure.

And indeed, I got my latest conditioners at Action. They have a better supply than most grocery stores or drug stores here. And generally cheaper as well.

vpatt
May 21st, 2015, 04:00 PM
A sticky thread is always in the same place. It's kind of like glueing the thread to a specific spot so you can always find it easily.

Last I knew, our email system was still broken. That's why you aren't getting any emails to subscribed threads and if you try to reset your password you won't get an email either. You have to email support for a new password. If you want to see your subscribed threads, you can look at your control panel and see if they are there. At the very top of every page it says settings. That link takes you to your control panel.

Brick, thank you. I thought it was something wrong on my end...now I can stop obsessing. I understand what you mean about the stickies. Uh oh, I bet my age is showing.

excitedmom
August 3rd, 2015, 08:24 PM
Do you buy EOs online only??? I am in Canada and want to buy some in store I am not an online shopper (yet)...peppermint oil, Rosenmary oil etc..

Thanks for an awesome thread idea where newbies like me can find great help !!!!

Anje
August 3rd, 2015, 08:34 PM
Do you buy EOs online only??? I am in Canada and want to buy some in store I am not an online shopper (yet)...peppermint oil, Rosenmary oil etc..

Thanks for an awesome thread idea where newbies like me can find great help !!!!
In the US, I tend to find them in the local "hippy stores". You know, the places that sell herbal supplements and organic foods and natural cures and such. You can often find a few basics like lavender and tea tree in craft stores near the soap making (well, soap melting, anyway) supplies.

gthlvrmx
August 3rd, 2015, 08:46 PM

Essential oils are also sold in GNC's here in the USA. You can check there if you have a GNC in your area. The oil I last got from them was lavender oil and it was from the NOW company/brand and the bottle said not to ingest it but I'm sure it would work for hair. I used it for massaging my soreness away.

pamrlyn
August 3rd, 2015, 08:54 PM
Ingredients for recipes (oils, butters, surfactants, emulsifiers, etc) in the US (Chemistry Connection, Arkansas, US)
http://www.saveoncitric.com/index.html
Here is her ebay store: http://www.ebay.com/usr/arkie-annie

Also this is a good source for ingredients including pure aloe vera gel...
Mountain Rose Herbs
Eugene, OR 97405
https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

excitedmom
August 3rd, 2015, 11:35 PM
In the US, I tend to find them in the local "hippy stores". You know, the places that sell herbal supplements and organic foods and natural cures and such. You can often find a few basics like lavender and tea tree in craft stores near the soap making (well, soap melting, anyway) supplies.
Can you suggest any names??? I might travel to GTA soon. Will check there.

excitedmom
August 3rd, 2015, 11:41 PM
Essential oils are also sold in GNC's here in the USA. You can check there if you have a GNC in your area. The oil I last got from them was lavender oil and it was from the NOW company/brand and the bottle said not to ingest it but I'm sure it would work for hair. I used it for massaging my soreness away.
We have Alive store here which I think is a health food store. Maybe they carry some EO like castor oil?? I couldn't find any GNCs around my area.Not on my side of the border.

gthlvrmx
August 3rd, 2015, 11:57 PM
We have Alive store here which I think is a health food store. Maybe they carry some EO like castor oil?? I couldn't find any GNCs around my area.Not on my side of the border.

A health store might have castor oil. A drug store and grocery store usually has castor oil. Castor oil is a laxative, I don't know if it's an essential oil. Walmart here has castor oil so yours might have it too.

flickm
August 4th, 2015, 12:07 AM
UK HERE:
eBay for henna, horn combs, essential oils and much more
Hennacat (eBay and her own site) for the best and cheapest selection of henna, including Yemeni when she can get it, plus great service: http://bit.ly/1KNiPAb
Natural Spa Supplies for Moroccan henna, rhassoul clay and much more: http://bit.ly/1KNiVaP
Amazon for shampoo bars, henna, essential oils and a myriad other products, e.g.: http://amzn.to/1IlXHLf
Etsy for shampoo bars, e.g. http://etsy.me/1CEwEZ2
Natural Life UK for chemical free shampoo, conditioner and soap for humans and dogs (via email or their Facebook group only till they get their website organised): http://bit.ly/1IlZVu8
Pasha Life for nap free, smooth cotton haman towels, made in Turkey; soft, lightweight, more absorbent than a t-shirt, kinder to hair than an ordinary towel: http://bit.ly/1IlXvM8

flickm
August 4th, 2015, 02:04 AM
If you want the really pure stuff, I'd suggest getting a plant. .

Re aloe: LOL, I did this and then felt like a murderer cutting its leaves. It's still in my loft bedroom, intact, spawning loads of babies.

brickworld13
August 4th, 2015, 06:48 AM

A health store might have castor oil. A drug store and grocery store usually has castor oil. Castor oil is a laxative, I don't know if it's an essential oil. Walmart here has castor oil so yours might have it too.

Castor oil is not an essential oil. gthlvrmx made some good suggestions on where to find it. Any pharmacy, grocery, or big box store that sells medical stuff like bandages, cough drops, etc should carry it. Its often used as a laxative. It has other uses as well. Kind of like epsom salts which can be used as a sore muscle soak, a laxative, and a fertilizer for plants.

Anje
August 4th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Can you suggest any names??? I might travel to GTA soon. Will check there.

Not really. All the places I know are independently owned and only have one or two locations in my immediate area. A chain like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's might have essential oils, but I'm not familiar enough with either of those to say.

brickworld13
August 4th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Not really. All the places I know are independently owned and only have one or two locations in my immediate area. A chain like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's might have essential oils, but I'm not familiar enough with either of those to say.

Whole foods (*cough*whole paycheck*cough*) does carry a decent selection of EOs. I've never seen them in Trader Joe's.

Anje
August 4th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Whole foods (*cough*whole paycheck*cough*) does carry a decent selection of EOs. I've never seen them in Trader Joe's.
Never been to one. Apparently there is one in the ritzy area of my new city (never lived within an hour of one before), but I don't really have a desire to go there and experience the money-siphoning.

brickworld13
August 4th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Never been to one. Apparently there is one in the ritzy area of my new city (never lived within an hour of one before), but I don't really have a desire to go there and experience the money-siphoning.

I only go in there if I can't get what I want anywhere else. It's really rare that I end up visiting one. They do carry some unusual stuff that is difficult to find, but a lot of it can be ordered from amazon unless it's perishable. I'm not a fan of mail order perishables.

GummyMoocher
September 25th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Very useful thread

DaniJoy
September 25th, 2015, 09:21 PM
I am located in Northern California and I can pick up a lot of natural stuff at my local Sprouts market. They carry all natural shampoos and conditioners to henna and cassia, essential oils , Shea , coconut oil, natural brushes and wooden combs, vitamin supplements etc. Seems they have locations also in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Kansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri.

dancingfrog
March 16th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Greater Toronto:

@excitedmom: bigger Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstores, Zehrs (and other Loblaws company stores) have essential oils in their natural food section. Wander around the pharmacy section too and see what they have. President's Choice Aloe Gel (the clear one) is working fine on my hair.

dancingfrog

dancingfrog
March 16th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Oooh, bulk barn also has a lot of choice and many of the things listed in this thread.

dancingfrog

brickworld13
March 20th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Jojoba oil found at Kroger in the "organic" aisles.

Several varieties of coconut oil found at Walmart. Refined, virgin, and everything in between.

Zesty
March 20th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Jojoba oil found at Kroger in the "organic" aisles.

You found jojoba at Kroger? I'll have to look at this new Kroger now that we've moved, but I've never seen anything much more exotic than coconut there. It would be super convenient to pick it up while getting groceries rather than order on Amazon next time I need it.

brickworld13
March 20th, 2016, 11:54 AM
You found jojoba at Kroger? I'll have to look at this new Kroger now that we've moved, but I've never seen anything much more exotic than coconut there. It would be super convenient to pick it up while getting groceries rather than order on Amazon next time I need it.

Yep. I did. It was by the shampoos in the "organic" dept. Small bottle.

Ana H.
July 17th, 2016, 02:54 PM
US-Organic brand sells a great 100% virgin argan oil. It’s very affordable, only $15 for 4 ounces and USDA certified organic. I buy it from Amazon but you can also get it directly from their website and they do ship to Europe. They also have a store locater on their website where you can type in a zip code and see if any health food stores in your area carry it. The sell jojoba oil as well.

http://www.us-organic.com/dealers/

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Certified-Unrefined-Application-US/dp/B00SE2CZXG/ref=sr_1_51_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1468788264&sr=1-51&keywords=argan+oil

Growtivation
July 17th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Maybe someone on LHC has mentioned this before, but I haven't seen anyone bring it up yet.

Physicians Formula, the makeup brand, sells pure argan oil as a face primer if you're looking for something you can pick up at an actual store. It's 1 oz, I got mine at Meijer for about $10-12 I think. You should be able to find it at any place that sells Physicians Formula.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Physicians-Formula-Argan-Wear-Ultra-Nourishing-Argan-Oil-6405-Argan-Oil-1-fl-oz/42386974

gthlvrmx
September 18th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I found this link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=93328)! It has some other links to where to buy and find LHC stuff :)

VegVampireQueen
April 5th, 2017, 11:38 PM
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all the suggestions. I'm loading up my amazon cart with a few choice products after considering a lot of comments and suggestions over the past few days from these forums, and I am loving using this list compilation to kind of sum it all up and decide what I want to invest in now vs. perhaps later. Love all these resources... thank you, thank you, thank you! :)