PDA

View Full Version : So bored of my hair :( halp

Halliday
March 6th, 2015, 03:09 AM
My hair is in the midback abyss and I am so fed up with it... it's the same mousey brown colour, the same waves every time... i get disgusting hair from braid waves, rope braids don't work - i just have to settle for my natural texture all the time and i'm bored with it, i just want a way to make new interesting waves or curls. i feel like i'm about to cut my hair, its getting so boring.

tigress86
March 6th, 2015, 03:13 AM
I see we have almost the same hairtype. The best curls for me come from large flexi rods.

lapushka
March 6th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Maybe try and look at the heatless waves topic? Might give you some ideas. It's not called an awkward length for no reason. We've all been there, it's a matter of sticking it out, which might not be as easy when you're stuck in it - I do realize. Come on! Hang in there. :D

Arctic
March 6th, 2015, 04:45 AM
How about some temporary dye: few stripes, dyed bangs area, dyed underside, or dipdye? Some colours will show rather nicely on light to medium brown hair without bleaching, and even darker brown hair can get a nice colour sheen. Not all colours work, but at least reds and magentas do (on my hair) and I imagine dark purples would too.

I second Lapushka, there has probably never been such popularity of heatless waves and curls after --- what, several decades? ...when they were considered old ladies' stuff. But now they are everywhere! Or try wrapping your hair for heatless straightening. Nothing wrong with occasional blowdrying on mild heat/cool to straight either.

Try learning different updos and braids, at least I find it fun. With your thickness you'll might have best luck with doing several buns, several braids, etc. (Doubles as heatless wave setting!)
And learn different ways to style the front part, because that's what you see in the mirror several times a day.

Also maybe some hair toys would help. I know many here favour quite expensive stuff, but there are lot of fun and cheaper options out there. With your thickness they need to be sturdy, though, otherwise your hair may eat them for breakfast.