PDA

View Full Version : Just a thank you

spirals
March 5th, 2015, 05:31 PM
to everyone. I was feeling somewhat down about all the splits and white dots I found today and my friend's misinformed advice was annoying me. I found a thread on it, and though it was from 6 years ago, it cheered me up as I realized there are many of us who treat our hair right and still have to deal with the split demons. It's also encouraging to know, as someone--don't remember who--posted that she gets all kinds of splits and yet her hair just keeps getting longer anyway Sometimes it's the little statements like that that help. So thank you to everyone who takes time to try to help someone here or just simply let someone know "You're not alone in this." Being supported encourages us to make a plan of action to solve the problem.

gthlvrmx
March 5th, 2015, 05:48 PM
It is so nice to know that you are not alone. Not a single person is ever alone and that is a blessing. :)

hennalonghair
March 5th, 2015, 05:51 PM
It is so nice to know that you are not alone. Not a single person is ever alone and that is a blessing. :)

So true and so sweet of you to remind us.
Thank you gthlvrmx :flowers:

lapis_lazuli
March 5th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Sounds a lot like me. I treat my hair very well but the white dots are relentless at the moment. I try not to obsess over it and just let it grow. :knit:

Shibe
March 5th, 2015, 06:04 PM
My hair is very much babied and I can never seem to escape the white dots.

Anje
March 5th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Been there. I've reduced the number of splits, but I still get them and find some dramatic ones. Earlier this week, I found a split more than an inch deep!

For what it's worth, I try to keep splits in a percentage range, and s&d or trim if they get past that point. No splits just isn't a reasonable goal for me.

dreamingstar
March 5th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Been there. I've reduced the number of splits, but I still get them and find some dramatic ones. Earlier this week, I found a split more than an inch deep!

For what it's worth, I try to keep splits in a percentage range, and s&d or trim if they get past that point. No splits just isn't a reasonable goal for me.

:toast: Second this. No matter how much I trim I just can't get rid of the splits and/or white dots. So I just decided if they get past a certain point for me, or if I have time, then I'll s&d.

Llama
March 5th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I try to be really gentle with my hair and still find them often. It is frustrating.

vega
March 6th, 2015, 01:57 AM
I don't get the white dots but do get the occasional fairy knots they make me sad

missfaroe
March 6th, 2015, 03:17 AM
I know how yoy feel! sometimes I just want to cry because of all the splits and White dots i keep finding. even after having trimmed 1,5 inches of my hair, i still find them.
I just try to avoid looking at my ends too close, and try to remember that my hair still has grown quit at bit - and it keeps growing!:o

Even though i know my hair isn't as healthy as it could be (I treat it very well, but i still has some bleach damage to grow out) I get a lot of compliments from friends, family and strangers.

also I just wanted to say; your hair looks beautiful and healthy. very pretty curls!

lapushka
March 6th, 2015, 03:21 AM
It takes *years* to grow damage out, and in the mean time... what can you do? You can't buzz it all off, hardly. So you live with damage for a long time, that's all you really can do. There's plenty of people who need to grow out damage and want to keep growing all the same. You're never alone in this.

chen bao jun
March 6th, 2015, 08:39 AM
With me its the SSKs. Everybody has something.