PDA

View Full Version : I just cut 2" off my ends.... freak out and...dunno

Beckstar
March 4th, 2015, 07:43 PM
I just cut two inches off my ends. I got tired of the tangles and the knots. I'm freaking out and panicking and I'm sure tomorrow I'll be fine with it. I was just trying to detangle and the ends were so uneven/broken and needed it... picture to follow...

browneyedsusan
March 4th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Calm down, it's okay. Just relax.
I'm certain you won't frighten off any small children with your trimmed hair! lol!

hennalonghair
March 4th, 2015, 07:59 PM
So you'll feel better about having thicker ends now. Right?

ooglipoo
March 4th, 2015, 08:02 PM
You'll be okay! :grouphug:

Chromis
March 4th, 2015, 08:17 PM
It's not just you I promise! I do that even for an inch...and no but me can even tell at my length. :lol:

Beckstar
March 4th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I have been planning this for the last few weeks and finally done it. It is just done and now I'm being a bit freaked out. My ends do feel good.

MeAndTheMaz
March 4th, 2015, 09:05 PM
I guess the big question is: Did that help with your tangle issues? Even if you didn't trim, if you're breaking hair off when you detangle, it'll wind up getting shorter anyway.

Couple months you'll be back to where you were and growing, instead of shrinking. :grouphug:

hannabiss
March 4th, 2015, 09:09 PM
:meditate: Stay calm &Yay for good trims.

Beckstar
March 4th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I guess the big question is: Did that help with your tangle issues? Even if you didn't trim, if you're breaking hair off when you detangle, it'll wind up getting shorter anyway.

Couple months you'll be back to where you were and growing, instead of shrinking. :grouphug:

Yep. The ends were uneven and wrapping around each other and making tangles. It's a case of preplanning, calmly trimming, and seeing the shorter length and spazing out....it's all for the great good of growing out. It's just nice to be able to share this with people who understand how traumatic a trim can be.

dreamingstar
March 4th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Considering I freak out even when I S&D, I admire your immense bravery. I've needed to trim occasionally, and it spazes me out too. I usually end up doing it impulsively because if I wait, I'll talk myself out of it.

Cattiva
March 5th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Just remember, it grows back! Yay for healthy ends.

lapushka
March 5th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Had you tried every possible method before to try and detangle those ends? :o Just wonderin'...

Arctic
March 5th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I love fresh ends! Especially at the shorter lengths they make a big, visual difference. Concentrate on the positive and take deep breaths! Now your hair can grow looking and feeling much better, and you can enjoy the journey more!

OrganicJewel
March 5th, 2015, 09:09 AM
you will be happy for it, fresh ends are so nice!

cat11
March 5th, 2015, 09:14 AM
you will be happy for it, fresh ends are so nice!

Yup! I cant wait to trim my hair in the spring. My boyfreind asked me to trim his hair a couple days ago and I was so jealous of the straight and soft hem...

Beckstar
March 5th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I did try everything but lately I've noticing little 1/4" to 1/2" broken pieces after I combed. The ends are ragged, split, and felt really rough and looked frazzled. Today detangling was a breeze when I got to the ends the comb went right through and I have nice ringlets. The ends were frizzy before and didn't look good. I need to trim more often rather than putting it off too long.

browneyedsusan
March 5th, 2015, 06:29 PM
It sounds like that trim was just what the doctor ordered! I'm glad your new hair is more cooperative. :cheer:

endlessly
March 5th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I'll start by saying that freaking out is completely, 100% normal and if you ask anyone here, they've probably done the exact same thing, so you are definitely not alone. That being said, just try to think about how happy you'll be not spending so much time on the tangles and breakage! And, think about how healthy your hair is going to grow now! Speaking as someone who just cut off several inches of length for the exact same reason, I know it's hard and that you regret it right now, but give it a few days and you're going to be so thankful you did it. I know it's hard to lose any length especially when you think about how much time it took to grow your hair out, but 2 inches will grow back before you even know it! Best of luck!

LongCurlyTress
March 5th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Hi! I have 3b hip length hair and I know how curly hair can be with the frizzy, rough ends. You did the right thing by trimming them off, and if you are still around shoulder. like your profile pic says, the beginning journey when your hair is still short, it does require a trim at shoulder like you just did. Now, make your goal to not trim off anything for at least 4-6 months-so you can get some length back. Hair grows at about 1/2 inch a month, so you should have those 2 inches back in about 4 months if your hair grows at the average rate. You did the right thing! I trimmed off 1 1/2 inches last November to even out the v shape in my hemline. It was tough, and at first I missed the length, but now my hair has grown back healthier and beyond the length it was before my trim. Don't worry!! You did the right thing and your hair will grow and be easier to care for now. Also, be sure to use coconut oil, or evoo on the ends at night so you can oil up those fresh ends. Good luck!! It will grow back. We have all been where you are now! Hugs!:cheer: Oh, and go hide those scissors. :scissors:You are done cutting for now!! ;)

ETA And go reread Endlessly's post below. She knows what she is talking about. Check out her profile pic!!:eye: wow! :thud::popcorn:

raemarthe
March 5th, 2015, 07:35 PM
I had to cut three inches of my hair off in November, I had a mini freak out too. I was so shocked looking at how short my hair was, it really freaked me out. I was like where is my hair?? Anyway, nearly 4 month later it's almost all grown back and I love the condition of my hair :) it was totally worth it! Don't worry your hair will be back before you know it!

lapushka
March 6th, 2015, 03:32 AM
I did try everything but lately I've noticing little 1/4" to 1/2" broken pieces after I combed. The ends are ragged, split, and felt really rough and looked frazzled. Today detangling was a breeze when I got to the ends the comb went right through and I have nice ringlets. The ends were frizzy before and didn't look good. I need to trim more often rather than putting it off too long.

I was just wonderin', because some people do rash things, but it seems as though it was really a last resort. Well, yeah, I hate to admit it, but sometimes ends have to go... (I hate sayin' that, boy do I ever! :lol:) - I'm glad you feel better, even though... man, 2 inches! :shocked: