PDA

View Full Version : Bangs?

animetor7
March 4th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Hey all, I'm thinking of getting bangs, what type do you think are most flattering?

Here's a picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10857906_10205293497040593_6726126658775338081_n.j pg?oh=1e6d1c373e0deddfe8b62e8b5693b493&oe=5581B542&__gda__=1435402263_31f59b7aaecf754447ceda36fbfb14a f

Sorry it's huge!! What do you guys think would be most flattering for my face shape?

georgia_peach
March 4th, 2015, 05:02 PM
You are so pretty! And your hair looks very silky shiny in the picture. You didn't ask *bangs or no bangs* but I just wanted to say that I think you look great without them. :) If you are totally sold on bangs, though, I would go with a longer side swept bang. Nothing too wispy or short especially if you have any kind of cowlick or natural bend in the hairline. If you do, you'll be fighting those bangs every day.

Avis
March 4th, 2015, 05:15 PM
You are so pretty! And your hair looks very silky shiny in the picture. You didn't ask *bangs or no bangs* but I just wanted to say that I think you look great without them. :) If you are totally sold on bangs, though, I would go with a longer side swept bang. Nothing too wispy or short especially if you have any kind of cowlick or natural bend in the hairline. If you do, you'll be fighting those bangs every day.

Agreed. Long, side swept bangs are flattering on pretty much everyone. And I also think you look lovely without bangs.

Five of Five
March 4th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Animetor7, I agree with Georgia_Peach, you are so pretty and radiant!

Bangs can be really fun and versatile. In my opinion, because you have pretty eyes, you would look great with side-swept bangs, as they cover less of that area. The added bonus is that they look good clipped to the side if you get tired of them for the day!

lapushka
March 4th, 2015, 05:39 PM
I also vote no bangs. I think you look pretty with your hair as is. :)

endlessly
March 4th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Firstly, I think you look wonderful without bangs, however, if you really have your heart set on them, I'd personally recommend long, sideswept bangs. As someone who recently jumped on the bandwagon of bangs and absolutely hated them at first, they do take a lot of time getting used to especially if you don't like having to style your hair every single day. Mine were originally blunt cut straight across and have since grown into more of a sideswept style which I personally find much more appealing for my face shape. Best of luck in whatever you decide!

teddygirl
March 4th, 2015, 05:47 PM
What about chin length 'layers'? A la kate middleton. I think it might add enough interest without being full on bangs.

Shorter (more sideswept): https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/rbi-communities/wp-content/uploads/mt/hairdressersjournalweb/blogs/2012/12/10/photos/kate-middleton-hair-2012.jpg
Medium: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5f/35/46/5f3546b4e681516b65fd5a3a41b77194.jpg
Longer: http://marieclaire.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/11116/00007c7ec/d212/kate-middleton-hair-T.jpg

animetor7
March 4th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Thank you for all of the replies and lovely compliments. :oops: I'm just thinking of something different to do with my hair, and I haven't had bangs in a long while, and wanted to hear some feedback. :)

Squiggy
March 4th, 2015, 07:44 PM
I think you would look good with really any style of bangs! I am a fan of long blunt cut bangs, or maybe with a slight inverted U shape (do you know what I mean? I don't know if there is a name for that type), but not too thick. I think they would look good on you, and I also find that I can brush mine into a side swept look if I feel like it, leave them straight down, or easily pin them back. I love side swept bangs, too, but then you're just stuck with side swept or pinned back. Less versatility.

And, as everyone has said already, you do look lovely without bangs! But I completely understand the desire to do something different. I tend to grow my bangs out and then cut them in again on about a 6 month basis.

hannabiss
March 4th, 2015, 08:29 PM
What can i say im a bang lover and think youd look lovely with full blunt bangs. But if your not sold on major bangage right away try the side swept ones theyre pretty also. i just think you could rock a full and blunt. But yes you do look nice without as well.

Ingrid
March 4th, 2015, 09:36 PM
You could always try pinning your hair on one side to simulate the look of bangs? I also think you look great without them in my opinion :)

Doreen
March 5th, 2015, 08:26 PM
I agree with those who have said that blunt bangs would look great on you!

Fleurdelafleur
March 5th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Beautiful picture! I would go with blunt bangs to, I love bangs in combination with long hair. I'm considering bangs to, but I'm afraid my hair will curl to much so I have to style them everyday.

gwenalyn
March 6th, 2015, 12:09 PM
I think sideswept bangs would look great!

almorin
March 6th, 2015, 12:54 PM
I definitely agree with some of the other posts above: long side-swept bangs would probably look lovely!

Todd
March 6th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I'd vote for blunt bangs too. Super cute.

I'd so love to go with bangs myself. I've done them in the past (in my first go-around with long hair) but have resisted thus far.

Creagan
March 6th, 2015, 03:16 PM
If having hair in your face bothers you, I recommend blunt bangs that end before they hit the tops of your eyes.

AmberLouise
March 6th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I also think a full blunt bang would look good on you, but it might be better to start with a long side swept bang first to see how you like them and then go shorter from there. Remember you can always take more off but you can't put it back on.

CurlyGrace
March 6th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Honestly I vote blunt bangs - your face is so adorable and it'd look amazing :D But of course, like AmberLouise said above, going with sideswept before cutting more off is a great idea if you're still unsure.

Pamala513
March 6th, 2015, 05:39 PM
You have a beautifully shaped face! I wish I could wear my hair like yours, but I have a very high and square forehead, so I keep bangs to hide it.