PDA

View Full Version : Need signature help? This is the thread for you!

Pages : [1] 2

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Since everyone is running around LHC with little to no idea what's going on, I figured I'd do my part, and help to explain signature requirements.

First of all, all signatures must be three lines, maximum. This includes BB code. So, it's time to start getting creative!

Also, the [IMG] code is disabled. This means if you want a picture uploaded, you must do it through LHC, at the bottom of the signature editing page.

I'll do my best to answer any other questions y'all have!

justgreen
March 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Ohhhh snowbear...can you do something about my siggy? If you need it, I can get it from TBB.

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Well, goodness! That's odd. Did you save changes after you uploaded the signature picture?

Also, I've started a signature thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=93), if you want to take this over there.
You're a doll!

Yeah I did save it - so I'm really confused.

AprilElf
March 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I discovered that once you've uploaded your sig pic, you need to click on 'Insert Signature Picture. That action inserts the SIGPIC code into your Edit Signature box.
:)

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I discovered that once you've uploaded your sig pic, you need to click on 'Insert Signature Picture. That action inserts the SIGPIC code into your Edit Signature box.

Well, first you're going to have to prune your signature down to three lines, which includes any code. Once you've figured that out, then I'll be happy to help!

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Well, first you're going to have to prune your signature down to three lines, which includes any code. Once you've figured that out, then I'll be happy to help!
I think you must be talking to me? My siggy is at 3 lines exactly, I've uploaded my picture as well, my text shows, but not the picture. I even tried removing all the text and just leaving the picture that had been uploaded and then I had no signature.

ETA: oh hehehe I guess you weren't talking to me :grin:

I do see AprilElf's siggy

Edited yet again to condense my posting :smile:
Where do you find 'Insert Signature Picture'?

AprilElf
March 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM
On the Edit Signature page, scroll down to the box called Signature Picture - there is some clickable text 'Insert Signature Picture' just to the right of 'Your Current Signature Picture' (if uploaded).

Hope that makes sense. :)

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Where do you find 'Insert Signature Picture'?
Right next to the signature image you've uploaded. Try searching the page for "Insert Signature Picture", and you should be able to find it.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM
On the Edit Signature page, scroll down to the box called Signature Picture - there is some clickable text 'Insert Signature Picture' just to the right of 'Your Current Signature Picture' (if uploaded).

Hope that makes sense. :)
Thank you for pointing that out! I'd forgotten to add that crucial detail. :oops:
Cheers!

NightingaleLHC
March 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM
So i hit upload...and then what do I do? Nothing is happening...

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:51 PM
So i hit upload...and then what do I do? Nothing is happening...
You have to upload it, then click "Insert Signature Picture", and then save changes.
Did you do all three?

NightingaleLHC
March 7th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Where does it say insert sig pic? Sorry, I must be really thick

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Where does it say insert sig pic? Sorry, I must be really thick
Not at all! The link should be right next to the picture you've uploaded. Perhaps try searching the page (CTRL+F) for the words "insert signature picture"?

NightingaleLHC
March 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM
And its not letting me do my profile pic..its saying upload failed (i looked at the properties of the picture and it says 300pxX300px (so that means its small enough right?)

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I must be on the wrong page, could you look at this picture (http://getchellwedd.topcities.com/insertsiggy.jpg) and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
And its not letting me do my profile pic..its saying upload failed (i looked at the properties of the picture and it says 300pxX300px (so that means its small enough right?)
Well, that depends. The dimensions have to be under 400x200 AND under 9.8kb. Perhaps you picture is larger than 9.8kb?

Stacy_E
March 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks, Euphony, I have the same problem. The "Insert Signature Picture" text does not show up for me either.

Oh, thanks Snowbear. My photo is larger than the 9.8kb. I'll work on that!

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Euphony, I have the same problem. The "Insert Signature Picture" text does not show up for me either.
hehehe normally I wouldn't worry about it, but I'm wanting to do a year comparison siggy over the weekend and I'm terribly excited about it :grin:

I think we must be on the wrong page

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I must be on the wrong page, could you look at this picture (http://getchellwedd.topcities.com/insertsiggy.jpg) and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Good gracious, that's a totally different page than I have! Hm. If you picture is larger than the 400 by 200 pixels or 9.8 KB, perhaps that's the reason that link's not showing.

Here's what I see (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9669/sigho5.jpg) when I edit my signature.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:03 PM

Oh, thanks Snowbear. My photo is larger than the 9.8kb. I'll work on that!
Ah, glad it's such a simple solution!

thetokenlady
March 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I can insert a .sig pic (see below), but can't add anything else to my .sig. Adding anything, even 1 line, makes mu .sig "too long, can only have 3 lines"

Meez is confused.

NightingaleLHC
March 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
9.8kb? When I clicked on properties it says this: 90.98kb but it is the same siggy pic i used to have so I guess you made the requirements smaller? ::sigh:: this is confusing! I used to think I was good with computers lol

chloeishere
March 7th, 2008, 05:06 PM
ARGH! I can't get my image below 9.8 k! I'm using shrinkpictures.com, and even though it SAYS:
Your original image was 500 W by 576 H and 83662 bytes, it has been reduced to 173 W by 200 H and 6303 bytes, when I actually right click on the picture and hit properties, it shows 13-16 kb actual size. SO FRUSTRATING! I think I'm about ready to give up.
Anyone else know what to do? Resizing in photoshop never gets it small enough to post, and if I lower the quality in photoshop, it looks like butt.

I'm about ready to give up! But I know how useful signatures are in identifying people, so I'd like to stick with the same one I had before the site went down for a few weeks. On the other hand, I'm at a loss as to how to reduce the size, since shrinkpictures has changed and is now lying to me.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I can insert a .sig pic (see below), but can't add anything else to my .sig. Adding anything, even 1 line, makes mu .sig "too long, can only have 3 lines"

Meez is confused.
Here's the thing. Three lines isn't this:

This is a line. This is a line. This is a line.
It's this:

The quick brown
fox grew his
hair to his ankles.
A line is not a sentance, alas. A line is, well, a line. I think the Meez signature is too long. Gimmie a sec, and I might be able to figure out a way around it.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:11 PM
9.8kb? When I clicked on properties it says this: 90.98kb but it is the same siggy pic i used to have so I guess you made the requirements smaller? ::sigh:: this is confusing! I used to think I was good with computers lol
I didn't do anything! Eek! :lol:
All joking aside, I'm only a member here. The new requirements are LHC policy, which is written by Stephanie.
Since we literally broke the last version of LHC, I'm perfectly happy to succumb to new restrictions if it means the site won't go down.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
ARGH! I can't get my image below 9.8 k! I'm using shrinkpictures.com, and even though it SAYS:
Your original image was 500 W by 576 H and 83662 bytes, it has been reduced to 173 W by 200 H and 6303 bytes, when I actually right click on the picture and hit properties, it shows 13-16 kb actual size. SO FRUSTRATING! I think I'm about ready to give up.
Anyone else know what to do? Resizing in photoshop never gets it small enough to post, and if I lower the quality in photoshop, it looks like butt.
The picture currently in your sig is 60.9kb. My suggestion is to make it a Jpg or Gif, and make it smaller.

thetokenlady
March 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I actually saved the pic to my desktop and imported it as a sig pic to the board. It's small and within the pic guidelines. I notice that setting a sig pic puts the code (or something like that) in your sig, so that should be one line?

Also, to anyone needing help with pictures...I have a nice current version of Photoshop and can convert, shrink and do other nifty things to pictures. If anyone needs a bit of editing, shoot me a PM (are PMs working yet?)

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I actually saved the pic to my desktop and imported it as a sig pic to the board. It's small and within the pic guidelines. I notice that setting a sig pic puts the code (or something like that) in your sig, so that should be one line?
Correct. Try to make your signature take up as few lines as possible.

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Good gracious, that's a totally different page than I have! Hm. If you picture is larger than the 400 by 200 pixels or 9.8 KB, perhaps that's the reason that link's not showing.

Here's what I see (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9669/sigho5.jpg) when I edit my signature.

Sooooo weird! I went to that shrinkpicture page chloeishere and made my pic teeny tiny, it's now 2.79kb and about the size of a postage stamp, I also deleted all text. I was hoping that would make the page give me the 'Insert Signature Picture' but it didn't. Oh well, I've chalked it up to I must be a minion :wink: so it won't work for me.

thetokenlady
March 7th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Correct. Try to make your signature take up as few lines as possible.
Weeeeelll, that would be the line that says ...seems to be the only line I get. Adding another line just gets me the "too long" message. I wonder if I can add something next to the pic? I'm off to go experiment!

...back. and confusion reigns! I was able to put some text beside the pic...sometimes. Sometimes even 1 word next to the pic made it too long, and sometimes a bunch of letters there was OK. Maybe I'll make a picture with the text I want in it, that would make life easier.

Stacy_E
March 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Okay, I reduced the file size of my pic to 7 kb (I had to do this in Photoshop Elements, using "Save for Web..." and a compression quality of 40 (out of 100) to do it), and I still do not get the "Insert Signature Picture" hyperlink on my Edit Signature page. Now I don't know what is wrong. The dimensions of my pic are 167 x 200 pixels. Help?

NightingaleLHC
March 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Snowbear, I didn't mean it like that! I was just thinking out loud in my confusion. I completely agree with you that whatever changes were made are for the better if it means we get LHC back.

ok i made it 8.68kb and its still not working. Plus my profile pic is not working either. What i've been doing is shrinking it on paint...is that not the right way to shrink it?

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Okay, I reduced the file size of my pic to 7 kb (I had to do this in Photoshop Elements, using "Save for Web..." and a compression quality of 40 (out of 100) to do it), and I still do not get the "Insert Signature Picture" hyperlink on my Edit Signature page. Now I don't know what is wrong. The dimensions of my pic are 167 x 200 pixels. Help?
You picture is 28.91kb. This is probably the problem. Maybe try shrinking it down, and then try again?

harpgal
March 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM

I'm about ready to give up! But I know how useful signatures are in identifying people, so I'd like to stick with the same one I had before the site went down for a few weeks. On the other hand, I'm at a loss as to how to reduce the size, since shrinkpictures has changed and is now lying to me.
chloeishere, I have been playing around with your siggy and I can not get it to work. Please be patient while some of these issues are resolved. :)

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Snowbear, I didn't mean it like that! I was just thinking out loud in my confusion. I completely agree with you that whatever changes were made are for the better if it means we get LHC back.

ok i made it 8.68kb and its still not working. Plus my profile pic is not working either. What i've been doing is shrinking it on paint...is that not the right way to shrink it?
Heh, I know. I just thought I'd liven up this thread. :)

Your profile picture is showing up just fine. It's a picture of a bird. (ETA: Now it's also your avatar image.)
Paint is a great program for picture shrinking. I can't think of why it's not uploading properly.

thetokenlady
March 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM
What format is your picture in? Doesn't Paint use .bmp as the default format? Bitmaps are uncompressed, and they end up bigger than .jpg or .gif files. Try changing your file type to .jpg and see what happens.

Stacy_E
March 7th, 2008, 05:28 PM
You picture is 28.91kb. This is probably the problem. Maybe try shrinking it down, and then try again?

How do you get the 28.91kb number? I right-click-"properties" on my uploaded sig photo and it says 6.645kb.

chloeishere
March 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
chloeishere, I have been playing around with your siggy and I can not get it to work. Please be patient while some of these issues are resolved. :)

Oh, please don't think I'm mad about it! I just mean I'll probably give it up for today, because there's nothing really that I can do, and it's not worth stressing about. It's not really an LHC problem either, I did send a message to the shrinkpictures people about the problem I'm having (I was nice, of course!), so we'll see if they can get it resolved on that end.

OOOh, wait, I just figured it out! I tried doing "Save for Web" in Adobe Photoshop (I have CS2), using JPG low, and got it down to 2.24 kb. It looks pretty grainy, but it's good enough for now! Thanks for your help, Harpgirl!

NightingaleLHC
March 7th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Turns out I meant avatar not profile pic...oops. But thats weird because I don't see my picture. Maybe I am underestimating the size of my picture too? Isn't properties supposed to tell you though? It is .jpg

Oh wait there it is! hooray!

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM
How do you get the 28.91kb number? I right-click-"properties" on my uploaded sig photo and it says 6.645kb.
I clicked properties on the image you currently have in your sig.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I'm glad it's working out for most of you!

harpgal
March 7th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Oh, please don't think I'm mad about it! I just mean I'll probably give it up for today, because there's nothing really that I can do, and it's not worth stressing about. It's not really an LHC problem either, I did send a message to the shrinkpictures people about the problem I'm having (I was nice, of course!), so we'll see if they can get it resolved on that end.

OOOh, wait, I just figured it out! I tried doing "Save for Web" in Adobe Photoshop (I have CS2), using JPG low, and got it down to 2.24 kb. It looks pretty grainy, but it's good enough for now! Thanks for your help, Harpgirl!
Oh good! And it looks great!

royalscorpio
March 7th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Why did the sigs get cut to three lines? Any idea?

justgreen
March 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Awwww I was the first in line for help! WAAAAAAAAAAAA

ETA: I tried to do it myself, all I had was one line and the picture was within the pixel limits, it said invalid file.

CurlyNinja
March 7th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but how do I edit my signature? I can't seem to find the page to do so.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Awwww I was the first in line for help! WAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hey, I told you I'd help you! Silly. Get down to three lines of stuff, or tell me what you want, and I'll do it.

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Why did the sigs get cut to three lines? Any idea?
No idea, but my guess is something related to the server.

justgreen
March 7th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but how do I edit my signature? I can't seem to find the page to do so.

We've only been back online with a new forum modification for less than one day, it might be a while before all the instruction threads are back.

And yes, I think snowbear is correct about the posts .

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
If I recall correctly, until you have 25 posts, you aren't able to edit your posts or have a signature.

justgreen
March 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Hey, I told you I'd help you! Silly. Get down to three lines of stuff, or tell me what you want, and I'll do it.

For now, I just want this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/http://images.meez.com/user/4/2/7/7/2/1/0/4277210_bodyshot_175x233.gif)up. I'll work out something else once things calm down, thank you sweetie!

CurlyNinja
March 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
If I recall correctly, until you have 25 posts, you aren't able to edit your posts or have a signature.

Aha! Makes sense, thank you!

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
For now, I just want this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/http://images.meez.com/user/4/2/7/7/2/1/0/4277210_bodyshot_175x233.gif)up. I'll work out something else once things calm down, thank you sweetie!

That is too big, I'm afraid. The dimensions are fine, but it's 247.02kb, and it needs to be 9.8 at a maximum. Perhaps using the smaller, non-gif version would work?

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Aha! Makes sense, thank you!
Quite welcome! I'm glad to have helped!

justgreen
March 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Would this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/http://images.meez.com/user/4/2/7/7/2/1/0/4277210_bodyshot_175x233.gif)work?

kimberlily
March 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
You really have to do a lot of adjusting to make an image that small ;)

Did it work?

ETA: no, it didn't. Hmm...

ETA2: Duh. Fixed it. I'm SMRT.

justgreen
March 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
So animated avatars and siggies are out?

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Correct. Sorry!

Stacy_E
March 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Okay, I found a way to get the "Insert Signature Picture" hyperlink to show up. It was not showing up before when I was in "Edit Signature", even though my uploaded signature photo was within the size and dimensional requirements. The thing that worked for me was to go into "Edit Options" in my User Control Panel, and at the very bottom under "Miscellaneous Options" I changed my Message Editor Interface from the default option of "Basic Editor - A simple text box" to either of the other options (I chose "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"), and PRESTO! I can now insert my siggie pic!

Darian Moone
March 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I'm sure I didn't do this right because I had to make my pic so small, but at least I'm getting somewhere. Lots of new things to learn! :)
ETA: Urgh! I can't get my pic to load. Maybe I'll just enjoy checking out the new board tonight and worry about photos tomorrow. It's so good being back here that it's not worth getting frustrated over.

dancingbarefoot
March 7th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Correct. Sorry!

Okay, I found a way to get the "Insert Signature Picture" hyperlink to show up.

Hey, this is totally not related to either of your posts, but check out the new MULTIQUOTE shortcut! I'm in love. :D

MountainGypsy
March 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Is this too big or am I ok? (At least until I take an updated hair shot) :p

annarose
March 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM
We must be okay if it loaded, right?

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Okay, I found a way to get the "Insert Signature Picture" hyperlink to show up. It was not showing up before when I was in "Edit Signature", even though my uploaded signature photo was within the size and dimensional requirements. The thing that worked for me was to go into "Edit Options" in my User Control Panel, and at the very bottom under "Miscellaneous Options" I changed my Message Editor Interface from the default option of "Basic Editor - A simple text box" to either of the other options (I chose "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"), and PRESTO! I can now insert my siggie pic!

Ooooooo this changed things - now if anyone can help me out with getting my 'd' to work on the first try on my keyboard I'll kiss ya!

...multiquote...ohhhhh fun, I gotta figure out how to do that!

Pegasus Marsters
March 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Can someone fix my sig please? the code was fine on the old board but now I just see links and not pictures. I'm too out of it for this.

The Flame
March 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Question . . . . . I can see my signature in the "preview" and I saved it, but it doesn't show up when I post. Any ideas?

The Flame
March 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well it did THAT time!!

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Hey, this is totally not related to either of your posts, but check out the new MULTIQUOTE shortcut! I'm in love. :D
OH MY GOD. AWESOME UTTERLY AWESOME.

Can someone fix my sig please? the code was fine on the old board but now I just see links and not pictures. I'm too out of it for this.

All righty, Miss Peggypoo. Pick the image you want, or compile them into one image, and go to your signature page. IMG code no longer works in sigs, so you'll need to upload the image to LHC. The upload function is at the bottom of the edit sig page.
Make sense?

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM
We must be okay if it loaded, right?
Yep!

Question . . . . . I can see my signature in the "preview" and I saved it, but it doesn't show up when I post. Any ideas?
Sometimes all it takes is a refresh! :)

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Why is it that teacherbear has two siggie images showing up, of which one is over the file size limit? I don't get that.. :confused:

Velvettt
March 8th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Why is it that teacherbear has two siggie images showing up, of which one is over the file size limit? I don't get that.. :confused:

You've got three! All I can get in mine is one.

trollkjerring
March 8th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Seabear, would you please help me with my signature? I can't manage to get my picture in it, it only shows the code from photobucket.

Here is it:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j133/Moritz_2006/DSC_6828-1.jpg

I am feeling so stupid cause I never had problems before, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help,
trollkjerring

Edit: So why does the pic show up here, not only the code and why doesn't it work in my signature?

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 03:52 AM
You've got three! All I can get in mine is one.
No I don't. That is one image ;)

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Edit: So why does the pic show up here, not only the code and why doesn't it work in my signature?
Remove the coding in there, upload the image in the signature section and press the link right next to the signature image you uploaded, right hand side. That will insert the signature code.

trollkjerring
March 8th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Thank you so much for your help, eadwine! It's working now...
trollkjerring

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Found another one: physicschick. That image is also too large yet shows

I don't get it.. why are those showing up??

Niphredil
March 8th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I think T'bear's and Physicschick's are showing since they're both moderators and are allowed to have larger sig's ? (I know that is possible in Vbulletin).

I'm wondering:
Avatars can be way bigger than signatures? Why is that?
Althoug the dimensions are smaller, the filesize limit for avatars is 1Mb whereas the filesize limit for signatures is only 9.8kb. Usually the signatures contain the larger, higher quality pictures, not the avatars....

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Hrm.. that ain't fair!

Heh, but likely it, yeah.

Just_Isabel
March 8th, 2008, 04:38 AM

Correct. Sorry!

Does that mean no tickers too? :(

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Considering they are png, and I just checked your ticker image, it's small in size.. I would say that would work and be allowed *shrug* But that is just me :)

Just_Isabel
March 8th, 2008, 04:50 AM
:) Thanks, I'll try to upload it.
There's so much to experiment with that I'm all confused and don't know where to start. :silly:

aisling
March 8th, 2008, 05:27 AM
400x200 pixels allowed but only 9.8kB? Interesting equation :)

Just_Isabel
March 8th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Considering they are png, and I just checked your ticker image, it's small in size.. I would say that would work and be allowed *shrug* But that is just me :)

:) Thanks, I'll try to upload it.
There's so much to experiment with that I'm all confused and don't know where to start. :silly:

It doesn't work. :( It says "invalid link" and when I tried a tinyurl link for the ticker it told me "invalid file".
Oh well, I'll just need to take a new cool picture or something to add to my sig instead. :D

JKRBeloved
March 8th, 2008, 08:06 AM
My signature picture is visible on my edit signature page, and I have checked "insert picture," but it is not showing up on my posts. It is 170 x 200 pixels, 6618 bytes. Any suggestions?

darkwaves
March 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the ideas.

One more question -- can anyone suggest a good site for shrinking pix online? (other than shinkpictures.com.)

Thanks!

justgreen
March 8th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the ideas.

One more question -- can anyone suggest a good site for shrinking pix online? (other than shinkpictures.com.)

Thanks!

If you have windows os, paint is a good place to shrink. Otherwise, photobucket now has a good editing thingy.:D

justgreen
March 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM
snowbear, could you get this pic (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/justgreen_/LHC/Thanksgiving2007shrunk2-1.jpg)to work with my knight siggy?

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2008, 10:52 AM
*scratches head*

I got a pic up, but I want to have one line of text under it....and the board don't let me. Is my siggie pic too big or something?

AquaViolet1973
March 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I want to put a link to my blog in my signature. My blogs name is AquaViolet's Hair and Life. Can someone please put that link in my signature?

ladiosaRosa
March 8th, 2008, 11:15 AM
This is what I'd like my siggy to look like:

Private Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=59790):Photo Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=46377)
:Star:~:The Beauty Bottle: (http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php?referrerid=174)~:Star:
~Lady Rosa of the Sacred Grotto in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~

This is the message I get when I try to 'save' it and I don't know how to remedy it:

Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BBCode markup.
Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 3 line(s).
BB code size value is too big.....I'm not sure what BBCode markup and BB code size is so don't know how to deal with it.

Thank you for any help.....anyone.

Oh, I haven't set up the links Private Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=59790) and Photo Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=46377) yet, so right now they're just 'words'.

I've tried this:

Private Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=59790):Photo Journal: (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=46377)TBB

.....but can't do that either?

GlassEyes
March 8th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Uh, how do you GET to the signature editing page?

And is there a reason I can't see profiles? o-o

DarthCynthia
March 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
So, the image tags are turned off? I host my signature on my own website, and it's 400X150 pixels... but is larger than the KB allowed, I believe. I'd already fixed that when I made it by saving it for smaller internet-based viewing, so I think I'll leave it as a text link for now. I don't have Photoshop on this computer to make another one (my computers have been dying and I have limited access to programs and internet in the meantime and can't add anything to this computer).

I was just curious about the img tags being turned off. Is this to help people with slower speed internet or will this be turned back on soon? Just curious, as I did keep my graphics already somewhat low to start with and well within size range before.

This seems great so far, it's just taking me a while to get used to the new setup since there are so many new options.

I wish I had my computers working again. I hate this laptop, so anything new (especially making graphics and saving bookmarks) is a little frustrating for me. But that's not anyone's fault here of course... just my silly computer's fault for crashing on me in the first place and making me borrow my husband's already in bad shape system.

dancingbarefoot
March 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I think some people's signatures didn't get erased, which is why they seem to have pictures larger than the new limit. When I logged in to the new boards for the first time, my avatar was gone but my signature was still there. I've just been too busy learning all the new stuff to check out what size it is.

Honestly, though, I like the new limits. Some people got WAY out of hand with the size of their signatures before.

darkwaves
March 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM
If you have windows os, paint is a good place to shrink. Otherwise, photobucket now has a good editing thingy.:D I can make the pix smaller in dimensions, which those two do, but there are also programs that will reduce the resolution, too -- so you can post pix that look bigger. (For example, the size difference between mine and kimberlily's.)

Maybe I need new software!

DarthCynthia
March 8th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Dancingbarefoot: Interesting! I just checked and yours is bigger than mine in pixel and file size. I think we both link to the image and not host it through the site? That is strange that the system dumped some things and not all. Again, it's not a problem, I'm just curious what changes are still happening, what we need to point out in case there are errors the admins are looking for, etc.

Both my avatar and signature were linked to my website and not hosted here as I didn't want to take up bandwidth space from the site itself. Once I saw that I was having problems with getting my signature image to show from the url (hosted by my website), I decided to just upload a new avatar I happened to have and let the site host it because I didn't feel like uploading it or looking for my old one (I can't remember my exact urls for everything).

I do actually agree on the size of signatures getting out of hand, but at the time, mine was at a good size and was just one image. I can't load it to the site right now because it's not under 10KB (it is under the 400X200 allowance), even though I'd prefer to just host it myself. The 10KB just seems a little low for something of 400X200. I used Photoshop and lowered the quality for web viewing everytime I put an image up. I'm not sure how the image will look later if I lower it even more.

I was just curious about the img tags and whether or not those were turned off permanently, temporarily, or just a random case that I might need to mention.

Darian Moone
March 8th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Remove the coding in there, upload the image in the signature section and press the link right next to the signature image you uploaded, right hand side. That will insert the signature code.

Hmm. I am doing this except there is no link next to the signature image after I upload it. So confused!

Cinnamon Hair
March 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Cynthia, I think it will allow you to upload the picture but hosting remotely doesn't work anymore. Then you just have to click to put it in your signature.

User CP
Edit Signature
Remove the links and pic code from your signature
Scroll down and choose Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer
Upload it. Save it.
Then when the picture shows up click to the right of it on Insert Signature Picture

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Honestly, though, I like the new limits. Some people got WAY out of hand with the size of their signatures before.

Same here actually. Pages load much faster with the smaller K size images :)

DarthCynthia
March 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM
The problem is that I don't have any programs on this system to shrink the file size anymore than I had originally done. My image is under the 400X200, but it's 20some-oddKB's instead of the under 10.

I'll just leave it as a link for now. Thanks though. My computer issues currently keep me from really doing much more than surfing here and there.

Darian Moone
March 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM
YAY! It worked! The {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} you posted about Eadwine did the trick. Thank you SOOOOO much! :flowers: (I needed to put the sigpic brackets in the signature space by hand first, then upload the picture and viola! :D

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM

I think T'bear's and Physicschick's are showing since they're both moderators and are allowed to have larger sig's ? (I know that is possible in Vbulletin).

I'm wondering:
Avatars can be way bigger than signatures? Why is that?
Althoug the dimensions are smaller, the filesize limit for avatars is 1Mb whereas the filesize limit for signatures is only 9.8kb. Usually the signatures contain the larger, higher quality pictures, not the avatars....
Yes, it's most likely because they are mods. They get more PM space, so it would be likely that they would have larger siggy capabilities.

As for the dimensions, I think it's because the old signatures got really really out of hand, and they needed a way to limit them. The avatars never had that problem, so that's why they were kept as-is. Just my thoughts.

It doesn't work. :( It says "invalid link" and when I tried a tinyurl link for the ticker it told me "invalid file".
Oh well, I'll just need to take a new cool picture or something to add to my sig instead. :D
Tinyurl is great, but if the url doesn't end in a .jpg extension, or the like, it doesn't work. The extension tells the computer what to do with it. .html means it's a webpage. .jpg means it's a image. Make sense?

snowbear, could you get this pic (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/justgreen_/LHC/Thanksgiving2007shrunk2-1.jpg)to work with my knight siggy?
I'll do my best!

This is what I'd like my siggy to look like:

Private Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=59790):Photo Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=46377)
:Star:~:The Beauty Bottle: (http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php?referrerid=174)~:Star:

This is the message I get when I try to 'save' it and I don't know how to remedy it:
Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BBCode markup.
Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 3 line(s).
BB code size value is too big.....I'm not sure what BBCode markup and BB code size is so don't know how to deal with it.

Thank you for any help.....anyone.

Oh, I haven't set up the links Private Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=59790) and Photo Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=46377) yet, so right now they're just 'words'.

I've tried this:

Private Journal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=59790):Photo Journal: (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=46377)TBB

.....but can't do that either?
I'm going to copy what I posted earlier, since it seems to make the most sense to most people:

Here's the thing. Three lines isn't this:
This is a line. This is a line. This is a line.
It's this:
The quick brown
fox grew his
hair to his ankles.
A line is not a sentance, alas. A line is, well, a line.

BB code is stuff like making things bold, colored, linked, etc. It's all the button at the top of your post. Your signature is longer than three lines, so that's why it's not letting you.

The problem is that I don't have any programs on this system to shrink the file size anymore than I had originally done. My image is under the 400X200, but it's 20some-oddKB's instead of the under 10.

I'll just leave it as a link for now. Thanks though. My computer issues currently keep me from really doing much more than surfing here and there.
That's a good solution. A lot of people will click on your link anyway, just out of sheer curiosity.

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM
YAY! It worked! The {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} you posted about Eadwine did the trick. Thank you SOOOOO much! :flowers: (I needed to put the sigpic brackets in the signature space by hand first, then upload the picture and viola! :D

Great!! Glad I could help :)

ladiosaRosa
March 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM
OK, I think I'm a little better organized.

First, I deleted my siggy entirely.

Next I produced a siggy the way I would like it to look.

Here it is:

Blog (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=59790):Photos (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=46377):TBB (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=41002&postcount=1)

Why do I keep getting the message that I have too many lines? Can someone help me get it into my siggy?

Just_Isabel
March 8th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Tinyurl is great, but if the url doesn't end in a .jpg extension, or the like, it doesn't work. The extension tells the computer what to do with it. .html means it's a webpage. .jpg means it's a image. Make sense?

Yes, it does. :) But either way, I can't upload the ticker, maybe they're just not supported.
Oh well, I'll survive. ;)

Flaxen
March 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Why do I keep getting the message that I have too many lines? Can someone help me get it into my siggy?

You actually had that line coded into your signature in addition to the other lines. It should be fixed now. :grin:

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
You actually had that line coded into your signature in addition to the other lines. It should be fixed now. :grin:
Thank you, Flaxen! I did my best, but it's so very helpful that you can actually view signatures. (Although, I have no idea how.) Ah, the secret lives of moderators! :lol:

ladiosaRosa
March 8th, 2008, 02:03 PM

I still don't understand, but thank you so much. Now....How do I actually make 'Blog' and 'TBB' .....links

Here's my blog: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=4701
Here's TBB: http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php

I have a siggy, I have a siggy....:nanner::nanner::nanner:

dancingbarefoot
March 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I think Flaxen meant that you had a return in your signature. That'll be counted as a line.

So this is three lines:

line one
line two
line threebut this is four:

line one
line two

line four

It won't work exactly how I want with the quote function, but it counts a blank line as a line even if it occurs after the others.

Niphredil
March 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I definitely agree 100% on that one. But as others have said, maybe 9.8kb is on the small side and something like between 20-50kb would be easier to work with, without being outrageously large.

Could it be that moderators are still allowed to use [img] tags in their signatures? That might then be the reason for their signatures showing while those of general members won't ?

Btw, I don't mention the signaturesize as something that has to be dealt with asap, just as something to be considered while tweaking the new forums!

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
It's not working for me to shrink it within the 9.8kb. It's saving at 80, which is odd, because it's allegedly 14kb. Maybe Flaxen will be able to get it small enough?

My computer is at Dad's, since it died and needs a whole bunch of stuff. When I get it back, I'll be back to my graphics-intensive self.

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'll do it.. stay tuned.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1530/thanksgiving2007shrunk2cf6.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanksgiving2007shrunk2cf6.jpg)

Click on it, makes it bigger, then download :)

Cinnamon Hair
March 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Still tinkering with my signature image. I made it 400 wide by 178 tall but when I upload it it shrinks to 325 wide. I know the rules say you can have 400 so any ideas why it is altering mine?

Flaxen
March 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I still don't understand, but thank you so much.

You are most welcome! :grin:

What I meant was that you had bbcode after the sentence, "Why do I keep getting the message that I have too many lines? Can someone help me get it into my siggy?" and that sentence was actually the fourth line in your signature.

I'll check on those links for you. :flowers:

Flaxen
March 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Still tinkering with my signature image. I made it 400 wide by 178 tall but when I upload it it shrinks to 325 wide. I know the rules say you can have 400 so any ideas why it is altering mine?

I'm guessing that at 400 wide, the file size (kb) is too big, so it's downsized to meet the 9.8kb guideline.

justgreen
March 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I'll do it.. stay tuned.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1530/thanksgiving2007shrunk2cf6.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanksgiving2007shrunk2cf6.jpg)

Click on it, makes it bigger, then download :)

Ty eadwine! I'll try it out in a bit and see if it works for me. Thanks sweetie!:D

justgreen
March 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Ok, it still says 'invalid file' when I load the pic.

ladiosaRosa
March 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
You are most welcome! :grin:

What I meant was that you had bbcode after the sentence, "Why do I keep getting the message that I have too many lines? Can someone help me get it into my siggy?" and that sentence was actually the fourth line in your signature.

I'll check on those links for you. :flowers:

I'm going to have to read this a few more times; my head hurts and it's not because you are any way inarticulate, Flaxen my LHC guardian Angel....

It's just me.

But.....my 'Blog' and 'TBB' links work and I love you for it. I was going to wait 'till the morning to make another pathetic plea, left the 'puter to go make supper and everything's hunky-dory. I will sleep tonight.

Thank you my dear, Flaxen.

Flaxen
March 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Any time, ladiosaRosa, and thank you! :smile:

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Tips: Before editing your sig, go to "Options" and choose "Standard Editor" at the bottom of the page. Then you will see all code.

That did the trick for me.

Xandergrammy
March 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM

My page does NOT look like that. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
My page does NOT look like that. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
That image is about halfway down the edit signature page (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=editsignature).
Do you see it now?

Xandergrammy
March 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
That image is about halfway down the edit signature page (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=editsignature).
Do you see it now?

I swear it isn't there. I think I'm going to go play a game now so I don't break something. :grin:
I can see my picture, but the only thing surrounding it is a box asking if I want to delete that picture. :confused:

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I think that was determined to be an issue with your signature image being too large.
Have you tried typing into your signature {SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ? Be sure to replace the first bracket with a "[".

justgreen
March 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I FINALLY figured it out,thank you again eadwine, for doing my siggy pic for me!

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I FINALLY figured it out,thank you again eadwine, for doing my siggy pic for me!
Yay! I'm glad that worked out!

justgreen
March 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Yay! I'm glad that worked out!

Me too! I know I'm not a TOTAL idiot, but I was beginning to wonder there for a few moments. I went and watched part of a wickedly nerve wracking movie (Vacancy) , stopped it when they were in the underground tunnel because I wasn't breathing right!:cool: Came in here, sat down and went right to where I needed to go. Now if I can figure out how Teacherbear changed her profile colors, any ideas?

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Me too! I know I'm not a TOTAL idiot, but I was beginning to wonder there for a few moments. I went and watched part of a wickedly nerve wracking movie (Vacancy) , stopped it when they were in the underground tunnel because I wasn't breathing right!:cool: Came in here, sat down and went right to where I needed to go. Now if I can figure out how Teacherbear changed her profile colors, any ideas?
It's only for mods and admins, sorry! Believe me, I wanted it, too!

Xandergrammy
March 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I think that was determined to be an issue with your signature image being too large.
Have you tried typing into your signature {SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ? Be sure to replace the first bracket with a "[".

You're amazing!!! Thank you so much!!! I am forever in your debt. :bowtome:

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM
You're amazing!!! Thank you so much!!! I am forever in your debt. :bowtome:
Aww, you're welcome! It's good to "see" you again! :)

Nightshade
March 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Help!!!

I have my siggy picture uploaded, but now it's telling me I have more than three lines, and I don't :(
[ SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
Night Blooming: Handcrafted Hairsticks & Jewelry- Every item in my store has a tale to tell... go listen.
(http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5131346)

That's what I see in my preview pane. It lets me do it if I butt the text next to the sig pic, but that doesn't put the entirety of the text on more than 3 lines either.

I'm so confused :confused:

ETA: I think the URL link to my store was making it too long :( If I shorten the text then it seems to think it's okay

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Help!!!

I have my siggy picture uploaded, but now it's telling me I have more than three lines, and I don't :(
[ SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
Night Blooming: Handcrafted Hairsticks & Jewelry- Every item in my store has a tale to tell... go listen.
(http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5131346)

That's what I see in my preview pane. It lets me do it if I butt the text next to the sig pic, but that doesn't put the entirety of the text on more than 3 lines either.

I'm so confused :confused:

ETA: I think the URL link to my store was making it too long :( If I shorten the text then it seems to think it's okay
It seems like it's worked out all right. Your signature is displaying just fine.

ajr
March 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Ok I'm so confused, but this also happened to me on the old version of LHC I just never asked for help. So I have to signature pic uploaded and added and when I go to my edit signature page it has the picture up. But in the forums my sig never appears, I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm just missing. This is what I see on my signature page, the picture is horrible It's the top and bottom of the screen side by side, but it's the best I could do :(

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/ajr_ajr/untitled.jpg

dancingbarefoot
March 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Your signature is showing just fine.

ajr
March 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM
omg now it shows up, just in time to make me look like a moron :o lol sorry you guys

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM
It's better to ask silly questions than to make silly mistakes! You're not a moron, nor is anyone else. We're all just figuring out how this new board is going to work.

dancingbarefoot
March 8th, 2008, 08:47 PM
It's better to ask silly questions than to make silly mistakes! You're not a moron, nor is anyone else. We're all just figuring out how this new board is going to work.

Exactly! :flower:

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Exactly! :flower:
Speaking of which. Multiquote? Coolest thing ever.
Have I mentioned that? :lol:

Flaxen
March 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Now if I can figure out how Teacherbear changed her profile colors, any ideas?
At the moment, it's a mod setting.

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM

Great!! You're welcome :)

Nightshade
March 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM
It seems like it's worked out all right. Your signature is displaying just fine.

Not to nitpick, but I only have two lines, and I'd like a third. I'm not sure why it isn't working

Nightshade
March 8th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Speaking of which. Multiquote? Coolest thing ever.
Have I mentioned that? :lol:

GAH! I didn't even SEE that. That's awesome :)

Okay, I just had to try that. Dear LORD will that make knighting people easier :P

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Not to nitpick, but I only have two lines, and
I'd like a third. I'm not sure why it isn't working
Have you checked the raw BB code? Try clicking this button (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/editor/switchmode.gif) on your "edit sig" page. There might be hidden code in there that's making your sig three lines.

GAH! I didn't even SEE that. That's awesome :)

Okay, I just had to try that. Dear LORD will that make knighting people easier :P

Seriously, it's my favorite new feature here. No more copy/paste!

angelthadiva
March 9th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Have you checked the raw BB code? Try clicking this button (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/editor/switchmode.gif) on your "edit sig" page. There might be hidden code in there that's making your sig three lines.

xoxoxox, thank you!! I clicked on that, and the insert signature picture link finally showed up!!! :joy: I know those aren't working, but you get my drift!

Nightshade
March 9th, 2008, 01:47 AM

Seriously, it's my favorite new feature here. No more copy/paste!

Nothing changes when I hit it :(

BeeLady
March 9th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I want a ticker in my sig, but the board won't allow HTML (and even if it did the code is long!), and the widgetbox alternative doesn't work either. Does this mean I can only have a "line" ticker or does it mean I have to host the html image elsewhere?

I am confused in the extreme.

Elenna
March 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Mines all messed up.

dancingbarefoot
March 9th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Nothing changes when I hit it :(

Is the attempted signature longer than 500 characters? If so, that's why it won't save.

Nightshade
March 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Is the attempted signature longer than 500 characters? If so, that's why it won't save.

Nope, even with code it's only around 160 characters. I wanted to be able to add links to the henna article and such once they're back up.

dancingbarefoot
March 9th, 2008, 12:31 PM
That is really weird! I just checked your signature in the mod CP, and I don't see what's preventing that third line, either. Huh. I hope snowbear can think of something.

Flaxen
March 9th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Nope, even with code it's only around 160 characters. I wanted to be able to add links to the henna article and such once they're back up.
Nightshade, I rearranged the code a little bit (specifically the color tags), and as you can see, I got it to accept a third line. I'll take it out as soon as you see this. :)

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 03:10 PM
xoxoxox, thank you!! I clicked on that, and the insert signature picture link finally showed up!!! :joy: I know those aren't working, but you get my drift!
Well, they're working for the people who have them. Some people don't have them, so they have to manually do it.

I want a ticker in my sig, but the board won't allow HTML (and even if it did the code is long!), and the widgetbox alternative doesn't work either. Does this mean I can only have a "line" ticker or does it mean I have to host the html image elsewhere?

I am confused in the extreme.
Outside-hosted images are no longer allowed in signatures. If you wish to have an image in your signature, there is an upload form at the bottom of the "edit sig" page.

Nightshade, I rearranged the code a little bit (specifically the color tags), and as you can see, I got it to accept a third line. I'll take it out as soon as you see this. :)
Excellent! Thank you so much, Flaxen! :)

zaftig2k
March 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Just checking mine out, and to be sure I was back in with everything intact. :)

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM
It looks like it's all there!

annarose
March 9th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Okay I give up, how do I link my blog in my signature?

Help, anybody? :o

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Okay I give up, how do I link my blog in my signature?

Help, anybody? :o
The same way you link any URL:

1. Click this button: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/editor/createlink.gif
2. Insert the url for your blog.

FYI: Blog urls have your user ID in them. Your blog URL is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=2806

Make sense? :)

annarose
March 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Ah geez thank you snowbear, I am quite computer illiterate. I had to copy exactly what someone wrote on the old LHC to get my link to work.

Umm, another question, where do I write 'My Journal', at the start of the http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=2806 ?

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Ah geez thank you snowbear, I am quite computer illiterate. I had to copy exactly what someone wrote on the old LHC to get my link to work.

Umm, another question, where do I write 'My Journal', at the start of the http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=2806 ?
If you want to put it in your sig here's how:

Type "My Journal".
Highlight it, and click the URL button.
Paste your blog URL into the box.
Press "enter".

Does that work?

manderly
March 9th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Can someone help me? I'm getting a "remote file too large" for my siggy. Here's the image, it's the one I've been using at TBB and was on my old LHC sig.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/?action=view&current=signame-1.jpg

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Can someone help me? I'm getting a "remote file too large" for my siggy. Here's the image, it's the one I've been using at TBB and was on my old LHC sig.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/?action=view&current=signame-1.jpg
Try this link:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/signame-1.jpg

annarose
March 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Whew, I finally done it. Thanks so much snowbear :flower:, I completely forgot how to do that.

Now I feel at home.

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Whew, I finally done it. Thanks so much snowbear :flower:, I completely forgot how to do that.

Now I feel at home.
You're welcome! :)

manderly
March 9th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Try this link:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/signame-1.jpg
Still no workie :(

"remote file is too large"

Flaxen
March 10th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Still no workie :(

"remote file is too large"

Try this one:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/manderly.jpg

manderly
March 10th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Thanks Flaxen & snowbear, you guys rox my sox!

BeeLady
March 10th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Outside-hosted images are no longer allowed in signatures. If you wish to have an image in your signature, there is an upload form at the bottom of the "edit sig" page.

Ok. :( I will have to think again because I really really don't want a line ticker, and most don't come as an image (or if they do they will then stay static, which is pointless) but as postable code, so they are going to be impossible to store anywhere anyway. I just tried playing with the one I wanted but it won't store as an image.

Oh well.

Amoretti
March 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I'm having such trouble with uploading a sig picture and also a profile picture!

It keeps saying "invalid file" but it's smaller than the KB allowed and I'm seeing other members with bigger profile pictures.

I hope I can figure it out!

squiggyflop
March 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
ugh why do we have too upload now? i miss my old siggy... i cant use one with that big a file size anymore because of this upload thing... i could have a larger file size on photobucket and hence a better quality siggy..... is there a reason why it was changed to uploading?? im kinda sceptical of the whole uploading thing because i dont want my pics to dissapear with the next crash... (fingers and toes crossed to prevent a crash)

UrbanEast
March 10th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I have 25 posts now (and joined in November of last year, according to my profile) but I still get the "don't have permission" error when I follow the signature link. :( Do I have to log out and log back in?

Update: I just logged out and back in, and the link now works.

Nightshade
March 10th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Flaxen had fixed my siggy, but the new line she made is gone, and it seems to be back to how it was :( Can it be redone for me?

Flaxen
March 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Amoretti, have you been able to upload the pictures? If not, could you post them or PM them to me, and I'll see what I can do. :smile:

Bees, if you have a blog, you could put a ticker in the body of your entry once a week or whatever. Just keep the code saved as a .txt file (from Notepad), and paste it in. :smile:

squiggyflop, having signature pictures hosted at LHC means we can keep the file sizes small. That means a much better and faster surfing experience for everyone. :smile:

UrbanEast, logging out and back in might do it, or the database will update in a few hours. You should be able to make a signature now. If you can't, let me know. :smile:

Nightshade, I took out the last line because it didn't do anything, lol. I've put it back now, and if you have trouble when you try to add the link, let me know. :smile:

lora410
March 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Can you tell me how to link my blog and hair journal in my siggy?

Flaxen
March 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Can you tell me how to link my blog and hair journal in my siggy?
Your blog is already linked in your signature. I'm not sure what you mean by hair journal since blogs are replacing the old journals. Did you mean photo journal? I can help you with that.

Nightshade
March 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Nightshade, I took out the last line because it didn't do anything, lol. I've put it back now, and if you have trouble when you try to add the link, let me know. :smile:

Will do! Thank you!

Amoretti
March 11th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Flaxen said:

Amoretti, have you been able to upload the pictures? If not, could you post them or PM them to me, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks, my friend. I'll see if I can do it myself and if that fails (which I suspect it will) I'll send them to you.

MissHair
March 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM
IM SORRY I DO NOT GET IT. I understand so far that you have to upload a siggy picture, but WHERE ON EARTH DO I UPLOAD IT? Ive looked for a link to upload it from and I cannot find it neither in my control panel or anywhere, so where do I CLICK so I can upload a siggy? I cant find it anywhere, my previous thread is gone. Help please, help me understand.

This is all I see on my control panel:

Your Profile
Edit Your Details
Edit Profile Picture
Networking
Contacts
Settings & Options
Edit Avatar
Edit Email & Password
Edit Options
Edit Ignore List
Private Messages
Folders
Inbox
Sent Items

List Messages
Edit Folders
Subscribed Threads
Folders
Subscriptions

List Subscriptions
Edit Folders
Miscellaneous
Event Reminders

Where is EDIT SIGNATURE?

happylynngilmer
March 11th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I hope I can help!

Go to "USER CP" at the top left of the screen. then go to "Edit Signature" about halfway down.

Below your current sig box (the preview box) there is another box called "Signature Picture" with the browse box for you to browse your comp and upload a pic.

snowbear
March 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
IM SORRY I DO NOT GET IT. I understand so far that you have to upload a siggy picture, but WHERE ON EARTH DO I UPLOAD IT? Ive looked for a link to upload it from and I cannot find it neither in my control panel or anywhere, so where do I CLICK so I can upload a siggy? I cant find it anywhere, my previous thread is gone. Help please, help me understand.

Where is EDIT SIGNATURE?
Try this link. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=editsignature)

harpgal
March 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Try this link. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=editsignature)
LOL! Pretty funny!

MissHair, we are working on your troubles. Please be patient. Thanks.

manyhorsesmane
March 11th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I didn't see an "upload signature picture" in my profile either. I just want to put in my quote of the day or whatever....I'll go back but I just can't find it. I can see the Rules box below:
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

I know the old rules of 25 posts or less cannot do certain things, and I'm at about 22 today...I've managed to upload a profile image, but thats about all...also, I don't have an edit button to fix my typos in posts I've submitted...are the old rules still the same? I've re-registered this time around because I couldnt recall my login or pw, so I had to start over :(

harpgal
March 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't see an "upload signature picture" in my profile either. I just want to put in my quote of the day or whatever....I'll go back but I just can't find it. I can see the Rules box below:
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

I know the old rules of 25 posts or less cannot do certain things, and I'm at about 22 today...I've managed to upload a profile image, but thats about all...also, I don't have an edit button to fix my typos in posts I've submitted...are the old rules still the same? I've re-registered this time around because I couldnt recall my login or pw, so I had to start over :(
manyhorsesmane, you have to push past 25 posts to do this. Try again at that time.

manyhorsesmane
March 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
that's what I thought, just haven't looked in every knook here yet. I think I'll be there tonight...thankyou!
Sandra

"My mind is like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone."

Elle
March 12th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I've looked for the answer to this and haven't been able to come up with anything. Why is it that some people are allowed more than 3 lines in their sig? I've seen some sigs with more than 6 lines and I think there are even additional line breaks in between.

Sarahmoon
March 12th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Nevermind. Feel free to delete this post, dear moderators.

Loviatar
March 12th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Hello all you helpful people,

Would someone be able to either fix (or tell me how to fix) my signature so that my current blog and photo album are linked there? The current links in my sig relate to the pre-crash LHC *oops* I feel behind the times. :D

Many thanks,
Lovi

dancingbarefoot
March 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I've looked for the answer to this and haven't been able to come up with anything. Why is it that some people are allowed more than 3 lines in their sig? I've seen some sigs with more than 6 lines and I think there are even additional line breaks in between.

You know, I'm not really sure. My guess is that they had those signatures before, and the new software just kept them. I know when we came back, my sig pic was larger than the new limit but it displayed just fine. I think it won't let us make NEW signatures that don't fit the new limits, but it keeps old ones.

spidermom
March 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
o.K., Let's see if my sig pic shows now.

Nope. Back to the drawing board .......... my user control panel shows that I have a signature picture. The words "show signature picture" now appear. But.

Flaxen
March 12th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hello all you helpful people,

Would someone be able to either fix (or tell me how to fix) my signature so that my current blog and photo album are linked there? The current links in my sig relate to the pre-crash LHC *oops* I feel behind the times. :D

Many thanks,
Lovi
Lovi, I have fixed your journal link. Do you still want it to say "Journal," or should I change it to "Blog?"

I can't find a photo album with your name on it. Could you post the link here?

*cough* Like mine? :o
DBF is right; some old signatures were saved the way they were, but they won't save any new changes unless they are reduced to three lines.

ETA: Hmmm, I just saw a new sig with more than three lines. I'm not sure why it didn't get an error message.

o.K., Let's see if my sig pic shows now.

Nope. Back to the drawing board .......... my user control panel shows that I have a signature picture. The words "show signature picture" now appear. But.
spidermom, I can see your sig pic on your profile page, too. I have no idea why it doesn't show up in the post. Did you have the "Show your signature" box checked? (apologies for the obvious question) :flower:

harpgal
March 12th, 2008, 01:33 PM
spidermom, your siggy shows up here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9915&postcount=17).

Emichiee
March 13th, 2008, 09:33 AM

I dont have that option/ button..o_O

BeeLady
March 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Bees, if you have a blog, you could put a ticker in the body of your entry once a week or whatever. Just keep the code saved as a .txt file (from Notepad), and paste it in. :smile:

The ticker is perpetual so keeps ticking by itself - you don't have to change it. To be honest, there doesn't actually seem to be much point in having to go click to somewhere else to see it. It doesn't store as an image, so I can't put it into anything here anyway. I'm just disappointed about it really, although I do understand why the restrictions have been changed. *shrugs* Plus, it comes as html, I don't think there is anything to be done about it.

I know other vbb boards have a kind of integral "ticker" widget but man alive are they DULL!! (Another board I use has them, they are really boring!! - unless it is just the ones that the board mods there have chosen........)

Flaxen
March 13th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I dont have that option/ button..o_O
Emi, when you go to "Edit Signature," scroll down a little bit and you will see the signature upload buttons under the signature box. :smile:

I'm just disappointed about it really, although I do understand why the restrictions have been changed. *shrugs* Plus, it comes as html, I don't think there is anything to be done about it.
)
(((Bees))) :flowers:

HerbalAnnie
March 13th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I still have all the junk in my sig from the old LHC, which is several lines worth. I'd leave it, except the img links don't work and the links to the old LHC stuff don't work.... Kinda pointless then, huh?

Even though the signature text in a post would be one line long, in the edit box it's three lines, so that shoots my three line limit? Seriously? I have to do away with my quote because it's three lines in the edit window, or have nothing else?

AND even though it's only three lines in the edit window, it still tells me I've over the three line limit so it won't save.

Growl.

snowbear
March 13th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I still have all the junk in my sig from the old LHC, which is several lines worth. I'd leave it, except the img links don't work and the links to the old LHC stuff don't work.... Kinda pointless then, huh?

Even though the signature text in a post would be one line long, in the edit box it's three lines, so that shoots my three line limit? Seriously? I have to do away with my quote because it's three lines in the edit window, or have nothing else?

AND even though it's only three lines in the edit window, it still tells me I've over the three line limit so it won't save.

Growl.
Most likely the [CENTER] and [COLOR] codes are taking up space. Getting rid of those might help.

Medievalhair
March 13th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I would like someone to help me make a siggy, with pics and stuff in it.

ilovelonghair
March 14th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I have problems uploading a picture in my signature. I get a message saying 'file to big' but it is a small gif picture.

Emichiee
March 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Flaxen, I am able to 'upload'.
Just not able to 'insert' the picture because the button is missing. I looked all over the page :confused:.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/chieeEMIchiee/signatureLHC.jpg

Flaxen
March 14th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Flaxen, I am able to 'upload'.
Just not able to 'insert' the picture because the button is missing. I looked all over the page :confused:.
Click on "Upload," and you should be taken to a new page where your signature picture appears. To the right of that will be a line that reads. "Insert Picture."

Flaxen
March 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I would like someone to help me make a siggy, with pics and stuff in it.
PM me, and we'll make something! :grin:

I have problems uploading a picture in my signature. I get a message saying 'file to big' but it is a small gif picture.
It might be too big KB-wise, not the actual dimensions of the picture. Do you have it at Photobucket or somewhere? Post a link, or put the picture in a post here, and I will resize it. You can also PM me that information. :smile:

ilovelonghair
March 15th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Here it is, it's not that nice but one day when I have my Photoshop back I'll make a nice one :)

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh17/ilovelonghair/signature-2.gif

Btw, how do you make a picture less heavy for the site? I see some people have quite big pictures in their signatures, how did they do that?

Requiax
March 15th, 2008, 09:16 AM

Thanks Stacy! Anyone else not able to find the "insert sig..." try this.

Flaxen
March 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Here it is, it's not that nice but one day when I have my Photoshop back I'll make a nice one :)
Try this:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/ilovelonghair.jpg

Btw, how do you make a picture less heavy for the site? I see some people have quite big pictures in their signatures, how did they do that?
There are a couple of things you can do. First is to simply open the picture in MS Paint and save it again (that's what I did here). Paint saves at a low compression. Other picture software also sometimes allows you to choose what setting you want to save a picture at.

For pictures you take in the future, adjust your camera's settings to a lower (or lowest) resolution/quality. That will allow you to have the largest (dimension) picture possible.

But what if you want high resolution pictures on your camera? Do something called a full size crop. Use software (Paint will work) to view your picture at its full size. Then crop the area you want, and reduce (stretch/skew) it to the pixel width/height you want. You should end up with a small kb size file.

Pegasus Marsters
March 15th, 2008, 01:56 PM
So like... Is this 3 line signature restriction going to stay? Because it's not even what displays as 3 lines on the boards, its what counts as 3 lines within the text box for the sig and its just dumb. I wanted some lyrics in my sig so instead I put them in an image and when I uploaded them it compressed the picture so much it went all blurry and ugly and you couldn't even read the words. Isn't this three line limit a bit of overkill? I'm aware I'm picky about the quality of images but honestly if I upload a signature and it's pixelated I'm not going to keep it. Pixelisation is just ugly to me.

And is there a reason we cant remote host sigs anymore? Isn't uploading the images to LHC just heavier going on the server?

Flaxen
March 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM
And is there a reason we cant remote host sigs anymore? Isn't uploading the images to LHC just heavier going on the server?
To be honest, signature sizes were out of control - both kb-wise and pixel x pixel-wise. Not only did that make for very difficult surfing for those on slower connections, but it was getting to be a bigger and bigger job to reign in the sizes. With the smaller restrictions and an automated way to keep track of them, the LHC server will be all right.

Pegs, you are right, pixellated pictures are awful, but there must be a way to design something you'd like that will fit the guidelines. If you want to PM me your ideas, I'll try to help you. :smile:

Pegasus Marsters
March 15th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Is there a reason for the three line thing? Because honestly if it weren't for that i could just avoid having to make images atall and put the lyrics I want in my sig as text. And surely that would be even easier on the server and on people with dial up? I think that I'm pretty nifty with photoshop for images but once I uploaded and it compressed it looked like someone had thrown up over a JPG, ya know? I'm just a snob when it comes to pictures. I see pixelation and I start to get twitchy. And if I'm going to use an image in place of text I want pretty colours, ya know? And sadly with pretty colours it's like "LULZ PIXELATE"

ok I'm rambling now.

Flaxen
March 15th, 2008, 11:11 PM
What, you don't like barfed-on looking pictures? :silly:

OK, the three lines thing. One picture (max 200 pixels high) plus two lines of nice sized text will approximate the previous, "Signatures must be less than 300 pixels tall, pix and text included" requirement. I realize that for folks who want text only and no pic 3 lines is constricting, but if unlimited lines are allowed to accommodate them, we're back to the giant signature problem again (several on a page causes endless scrolling).

Pegasus Marsters
March 15th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Ugh. -_- I just want text. If someone can have a 200px image then cant I have that much of text? WAHHH! *tantrums*

dancingbarefoot
March 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason is so that people don't have huge signatures. Photos can make for ginormous signatures, but so can text. If someone has umpteen lines of signature, it can mean you spend more time scrolling past signatures than reading actual posts (especially on laptop screens).

Flaxen
March 16th, 2008, 12:02 AM
WAHHH! *tantrums*
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/a124.gif <runs away fast>

ilovelonghair
March 16th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Try this:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/ilovelonghair.jpg

I did but it didn't work. I could see it uploaded, but not next to the text.

There are a couple of things you can do. First is to simply open the picture in MS Paint and save it again (that's what I did here). Paint saves at a low compression. Other picture software also sometimes allows you to choose what setting you want to save a picture at.

For pictures you take in the future, adjust your camera's settings to a lower (or lowest) resolution/quality. That will allow you to have the largest (dimension) picture possible.

But what if you want high resolution pictures on your camera? Do something called a full size crop. Use software (Paint will work) to view your picture at its full size. Then crop the area you want, and reduce (stretch/skew) it to the pixel width/height you want. You should end up with a small kb size file.

I use Photoshop, how does it work on photoshop?

Pegasus Marsters
March 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason is so that people don't have huge signatures. Photos can make for ginormous signatures, but so can text. If someone has umpteen lines of signature, it can mean you spend more time scrolling past signatures than reading actual posts (especially on laptop screens).

Yeah but I mean...the three line limit is overkill. If it was three lines on an average screen (which is prolly 1024 by 768 though in this day in age its prolly more like 1280 by 800 by now!) that's one thing. But it's not what displays as three lines on a screen. Its what fills three lines of the text box which infact only amounts to maybe 1.5 to 2 lines once you're actually viewing it as your signature.

kwaniesiam
March 16th, 2008, 01:54 PM
So I've gone through this thread, and sucessfully uploaded a picture that meet the requirements (finally...) but it's not showing up! Grr...any help?

Flaxen
March 16th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I did but it didn't work. I could see it uploaded, but not next to the text.
I don't understand what you mean. Not next to the text in your signature?

I use Photoshop, how does it work on photoshop?
I've never used Photoshop; sorry. :flower:

So I've gone through this thread, and sucessfully uploaded a picture that meet the requirements (finally...) but it's not showing up! Grr...any help?
Did you click "Insert Signature Picture" after you uploaded it?

ilovelonghair
March 17th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I don't understand what you mean. Not next to the text in your signature?

Sorry, I was trying to explain something and didn't know how to. Well the picture isn't visible in the text box (where you edit your text) but it looked like it was uploaded underneath the text box. (again this is not a good explanation...)

Emichiee
March 17th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Click on "Upload," and you should be taken to a new page where your signature picture appears. To the right of that will be a line that reads. "Insert Picture."

No it never seems to take me there :(. I tried all new- deleted my picture and uploaded it new, I can see it but still not insert it even if I push upload a couple of times..just does not take me further :wail:

Flaxen
March 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry, I was trying to explain something and didn't know how to. Well the picture isn't visible in the text box (where you edit your text) but it looked like it was uploaded underneath the text box. (again this is not a good explanation...)
Oh, OK. To the right of the picture underneath the text box, is there a line that looks like this?
Insert Signature Picture.

If there is, click on it, and the software will insert the picture.

Now here is where things will look a little different than before. When it's inserted, you will only see the following in the box where you edit your signature:
[SIGPIC ] [/SIGPIC ]
There won't be any URL between those tags, so it will *look* like there's no picture there. Don't worry, though, the computer knows what picture goes with those tags. (No, you can't do this manually, BTW).

No it never seems to take me there :(. I tried all new- deleted my picture and uploaded it new, I can see it but still not insert it even if I push upload a couple of times..just does not take me further :wail:
Emi, I'll ask on the Mod Board about this. :flower:

ilovelonghair
March 19th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I did that. Lets see if it shows up

ETA It did! Yay :-)

Rosemary
March 19th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I'm trying to get my signature to work. I uploaded the photo from photobucket, and it's the proper size and everything....... I only have a photo and my name, so there aren't too many lines. Everything looks perfect in the preview, but when I save it, it still doesn't show up in my posts. Why?

Rosemary
March 19th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Ha ha ha...... nevermind, I just got it to work! :)

Flaxen
March 19th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Emi, I just want to check again. When you go to "Edit Signature," it doesn't look like this? (without the red and my pic, of course :silly: )

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/sig_page.jpg

Requiax
March 21st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Flaxen, for some people there is no "Insert Signature Picture" link on that page at all -it was like that for me. I had to go in and change some settings, namely: go into "Edit Options" in the User Control Panel, and at the very bottom under "Miscellaneous Options" change the Message Editor Interface from the default option of "Basic Editor - A simple text box" to either of the other options listed. Then the link will show up.

Flaxen
March 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM
Aha! That pesky setting again! That's the one that hides the smilies if it's on basic. Thank you, Requiax. :flower:

dvas
March 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Requiax -- THANK YOU!! It's been driving me crazy, not seeing that "insert sig" line. Your instruction was exactly what I needed.

HaiirPEACE
April 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM
in my user cp i dont even see anything about sig pictures. ive looked a million times

dancingbarefoot
April 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
in my user cp i dont even see anything about sig pictures. ive looked a million times

That's because you don't have 25 posts yet. When you do, the option to change your signature will appear in your profile.

AshleyP
April 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks, Requiax. I've been trying to figure out how to get my signature to show for such a long time... what you said is exactly what I needed to know.

littlemiss
April 9th, 2008, 12:29 AM
can someone show me how to personlise a link?? I can get the link up on my sig page but would like to name it?? can you help??

manyhorsesmane
April 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
can someone show me how to personlise a link?? I can get the link up on my sig page but would like to name it?? can you help??
Hi~
Go to your User CP, Edit Signature> Type in the text you want to call it, mouseover and highlight and then hit the Insert Link button that looks like a chain link: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/editor/createlink.gif
Type in the URL and you're good to go!

hope that helps!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/editor/separator.gif

Pegasus Marsters
April 11th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Please please please can someone do something about my signature. It's all like "OMGZ I AM TEH COMPRESSED" and all I can see is pixels and ugliness. No fair! I want my sig pic to look pretty.

Here's a photobucket link to how it SHOULD be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/bellesigcopy.jpg

Flaxen
April 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Is this any better? You'll have to upload it, though, because mods are unable to do that at the moment.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/pegs2.jpg

Pegasus Marsters
April 11th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Ahh don't worry about it, Flaxen. Thanks for trying though.

manyhorsesmane
April 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM
OK, now I have a question.......I want to change my sig too, have my piccie there instead....but I need a new Avatar...but the problem is.......all I can think of for my manyhorsesmane is...........

are you ready?

a horses TAIL..........now, how would that look........seriously......do I want to be known as a horses butt or would a pony-tail be apropo for me???

BE NICE but be honest here???I'm flexible...sorta...:cool:

TheHippieChick
April 12th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I say put a horses butt! Thats classic!

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 10:39 AM
.....I feel like such a horse's patooty sometimes....:D

eadwine
April 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
*snooooorrrrrt* I like the hiney!

Pegasus Marsters
April 12th, 2008, 04:17 PM
.....I feel like such a horse's patooty sometimes....:D

Oh dear... please tell me what M.U.F.F. stands for... because my mind is taking this to a bad place -_-

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 10:56 PM
ManyUplandFancyFillies~

TheHippieChick
April 12th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Ha HA HA HA

Devon77
April 12th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Ok I need help with my signature pic. I just can't get it to show up.. Someone please help me...

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Ok I need help with my signature pic. I just can't get it to show up.. Someone please help me...
Devon: whats happening, is the pic in jpg? are you using Option 2, that's the easiest way...
Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 400 by 200 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

....don't do bmp files, they usually are way too big......save pictures as jpg or tiff..

Devon77
April 12th, 2008, 11:33 PM
no it is a jpg and under size limts.

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Are you doing the upload from computer option?

Devon77
April 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Yes and I see a pic but it will not show up in a post.

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Ok, please smack me if I'm off here, but are you hitting the Save Signature button right below it after seeing the pic...it's one of those things I almost missed, myself~

Devon77
April 12th, 2008, 11:50 PM
yes I am.. The pic just will not work.

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I'm just not sure, perhaps the server is not cooperating... I'll go try an upload and see if mine works...

Devon77
April 12th, 2008, 11:56 PM
This was my siggy before the LHC change. Then the big change and now no siggy.

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
yes I am.. The pic just will not work.
After you upload and see your pic in preview, hit INSERT PICTURE.
You will see {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC}

Also, when you get a quote typed in, you can move {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} to under your quote, above your quote, simply by copy/paste the {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} to centered, left of or wherever you want it...hope that helps!

eadwine
April 13th, 2008, 01:24 AM
This is what she means you to click:
(sorry crappy paint job :lol:)
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2582/siggiepiczd6.th.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=siggiepiczd6.jpg)

Devon77
April 13th, 2008, 10:02 PM
When I do all of this it will not show a insert pic button...

Flaxen
April 13th, 2008, 10:45 PM
When I do all of this it will not show a insert pic button...
Devon, check out the new Sticky Thread at the top of Site Support. It should answer your questions. :flower:

Loviatar
April 17th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Could I be a PITA and ask for a signature walk-through, please? I would like to post links to my new and old journals, and my new and old photo albums, but I dont know how. I don't want any pics as I have my avatar picture.

The link to my old journal is http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51115 and the link to my old photo journal is http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51346

Thank you so much.