PDA

View Full Version : How often should I use castor oil

cdonald2
March 1st, 2015, 11:59 PM
I have recently ordered a bottle of castor oil, I love how it feels on my scalp when I do scalp massages. I was wondering, how often I should do my scalp massages with Castor oil? I try to massage my scalp every day but how often should I use it with the castor oil? I tend to shampoo every other day, and I do not mind leaving the caster oil in overnight,

chen bao jun
March 2nd, 2015, 06:19 PM
Every night is what I do.
but I do have a dry scalp.

gustavonut
March 2nd, 2015, 06:24 PM
My experience with castor oil on my hair back when it was bleached was that it is a good sealing oil. By that I mean it locks in moisture in my dry almost straw like hair. When I used it, I always just used a tiny bit. I do this because the castor oil I have is extremely thick and when I tried using it all over my hair it would cause shedding and cause my hairs to fall out easier. It is almost like glue. But anyway, what I do is when I get out of the shower after shampooing, (no conditioner unless you NEED it) I oil my ends with a different oil, usually coconut oil but sometimes olive, and then "seal" it with the castor oil. It turned out pretty good and I suggest trying it. :) I stopped doing it because lack of certain oils.
Good luck finding something that works for you!

chen bao jun
March 2nd, 2015, 06:46 PM
It is indeed very thick. I mix mine 1/2 and 1/2 with burdock root oil and add some essential oils.
Being a curly, I am very prone to dry hair, though.

Alien Girl
March 2nd, 2015, 06:57 PM
You can use it however often you want :P Some people do it daily during inversion method!
I used to use it 1-2x a week and it really helped repair my hair. I mixed mine with half EVOO because castor oil is so thick!

rina06
March 2nd, 2015, 08:00 PM
I've been using it twice a week mixed with coconut oil for a scalp massage, leaving it in either overnight or after a couple of hours and then rinsing it out with conditioner

ChloeDharma
March 6th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Once or twice a week seems the minimum for increased growth/thickness. As you are applying it to your scalp and massaging I assume that is what you hope for from this oil? If you wash every other day anyway and are happy to do it the night before you wash then that's even better. Personally I don't like to wash my hair without it being heavily oiled first so in your position that's what I would do.
I hope you get good results from it.