PDA

View Full Version : So, maybe this is more realistic/attainable....

CostaRita
March 1st, 2015, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone,

A while back I was obsessed with Kate Winslet's hair in Titanic. Now that mine is close to that length http://imgur.com/Ruioceq, the honest truth is that I'm not willing to spend any more time on it to get it to look more styled.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/468819c6cf1df8153c60740113682414/tumblr_ndu8ovuU8X1tdavrqo4_250.gif

I think I'd still have some growing to do to make it look more like that, though.

I found this style that I like:http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkeeaBEB31qisfbzo1_500.gif

I don't believe that it was done professionally.

In general I'm just looking for a look that is more attainable for my hair type.

Suggestions?

Mimha
March 1st, 2015, 10:15 AM
CostaRita, how may I say... ?... I find your hair truly thudworthy, and I don't know what you may want to "add" to it... To my mind, your rich shiny curls do not need anything more to be just naturally gorgeous, IMO. If I had your hair, I would never exchange my curls with that frowning lady's ones. I would just let it be ! But it's just IMO^^ of course :)

chen bao jun
March 1st, 2015, 10:21 AM
Costa Rita your curls are indeed perfect already.

Seeshami
March 1st, 2015, 10:23 AM
I agree. Your curls are better then the flooded elevator curls.

CostaRita
March 1st, 2015, 10:28 AM
wow, I wasn't expecting this reaction....thanks!

MoonlitWitch
March 1st, 2015, 11:18 AM
Agree with everyone above! You have beautiful curls and I wouldn't change a thing. BTW I love your sig!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 1st, 2015, 12:39 PM
Your hair looks just great the way it is!!! No need to change anything!!

jeanniet
March 1st, 2015, 01:35 PM
Lol, I've been wondering since you first posted about Kate Winslet's hair why you'd want to change yours! You have great texture--I'd just learn to work with what you have instead of trying to adapt something else. It'll look better and be easier in the long run.

lapushka
March 1st, 2015, 04:36 PM
Lol, I've been wondering since you first posted about Kate Winslet's hair why you'd want to change yours! You have great texture--I'd just learn to work with what you have instead of trying to adapt something else. It'll look better and be easier in the long run.

This. ^^ Start looking at your own hair (which is gorgeous BTW), instead of all those celebs! :)

CostaRita
March 1st, 2015, 06:30 PM
^ that's difficult with Hollywood standards and such :/

MicheleZ
March 1st, 2015, 06:35 PM
Hollywood is extremely over rated - your hair is amazing.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 1st, 2015, 07:09 PM
...Anyway, Kate Winslet probably wishes she had YOUR hair........ you don't even need a movie stylist to have it looking fabulous....

CostaRita
March 1st, 2015, 07:31 PM
^ haha that's probably true. Straight-haired people want curly hair and curlies and straight hair.

JadedByEntropy
March 1st, 2015, 07:57 PM
^ haha that's probably true. Straight-haired people want curly hair and curlies and straight hair.

always always. beauty standards are usually what your not used to-you want.
If you want to feel as though you've added something to your beeeautiful curls, you could find a nice hairtoy and call it a day. :D

chen bao jun
March 3rd, 2015, 02:31 PM
If you saw kate wins let's hair in real life I doubt you would be impressed. Hollywood works on illusion. Few people have what I see on your head -- -you're lucky, appreciate!

Unofficial_Rose
March 4th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Kate Winslet's red hair in Titanic was a wig! I heard her talking about it on a radio interview.

Angela_Rose
March 4th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Hollywood is not something I would recommend looking to for attainable and realistic beauty standards. Your curls are lovely and certainly prettier than anything Hollywood would concoct.

StellaKatherine
March 4th, 2015, 11:18 AM
I will be very brutally honest here, so do not take me wrong :D There are two things you can do... Eather live with your hair, embrase what you have or try to manipulate your hair to look certain way... Some people choose the second one and keep on straightening, curling their hair day by day. When ever you go againts your own natural hair, it going to take lots of time and day by day devotion. You need to decide what are you ready to do. You say about Hollowood standards and all. Well...ask yourself how far are you ready to go to fulfill the standards? Are you ready to put several hours per day in to your hair and possibly even damage it while going after the " certain " look ?

To me your hair is beyong beautiful! I could see your hair in a movie as such and people all around the world posting photos of it and crying " HOW CAN I GET THAT HAIR ?" We all have days when we like our hair less and want something else. I do, I've cried more than enough here about my thickness hahaha

Anyway, if you want the Hollywood hair... then go for it :D

TaterTot
March 4th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Your hair > their hairs

HintOfMint
March 4th, 2015, 06:51 PM
I've noticed that Hollywood has a way of making very ordinary features seem very glamorous and unattainable, and therefore, worth changing our own features for the Hollywood ones. Famous actresses tend to have very symmetrical faces and nice bodies, and seems to make everything associated with them amazing and unattainable.

There's nothing really exceptional about Kate Winslet's hair in the elevator scene. It's pretty but not any prettier than yours. It just happens to be attached to a talented and gorgeous actress in a top-grossing film.

I just think that Hollywood can skew our perceptions. Work with what you have, you'll probably like the outcome more.

cdonald2
March 4th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I personally think your hair looks alot like hers. If not better. I wouldnt do a thing to them

gwenalyn
March 5th, 2015, 01:36 PM
The hair in the elevator scene just looks like braid waves, to me, which are dead easy to do. You could try it.

Personally, I love your curl, but it looks like you are attracted to a looser curl pattern. Maybe some different products would help you achieve that? Silicones tend to loosen curl patterns, as does brushing and so on. I'm a straighty, so I don't really know how to handle curls, but you could try looking at curl boosting techniques and try the opposite?

CostaRita
March 11th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone! It's a process to hair self-acceptance, that's all I can say.

Agnes Hannah
March 12th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Yours is real!!
Poor Kate, she had to use a wig to get something similar.
Enjoy your curls, they are lush!:waving:

Angela_Rose
March 12th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone! It's a process to hair self-acceptance, that's all I can say.

Self-acceptance is very difficult in a world where we're constantly told we aren't good enough. You're beautiful the way you are. Make yourself happy.

spidermom
March 12th, 2015, 02:07 PM
In the frownie-face picture, her hair looks straggly to me; I don't like it at all. As far as the Kate Winslet Titanic look, rollers will do it. Maybe you would like to go to one of those makeover photography sessions and get a portrait done, frame it, and hang it so you can enjoy the look anytime you want without going to all the trouble day after day. You said something about not wanting to have to work to achieve the looks you like.

DweamGoiL
March 12th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I am also of the camp that your hair is perfect the way it is! You have my dream hair. I so WISH I had your curls; soft and bouncy :pray: