PDA

View Full Version : fresh hair overnight????? (fine and thin)

monaaa75
February 26th, 2015, 11:53 AM
when I wake up I get like a giant "hole" of flat, crumpled hair at the back of my head. the rest looks fine and I could hear loose hair on the second day but the back is just messed up and greasy. I dont tie my hair bcz it is short and it changes shape bcz of the rubber band. and with ponytail or not this happens anyway.

any ideas how to avoid/fix that apart from making half of my hair wet and blowdrying them in the morning??

do you tie your hair in some special way for sleeping?

54chevy
February 26th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I braid it and tie it off with a little silicone rubber band. Helps with the knots and the silicone rubber bands don't snag my hair.

M-L-E
February 26th, 2015, 12:19 PM
I get this exact problem! Even if i wear it up or braid it to sleep it seems to happen. My only solution so far is to wet just that area and comb it back into place... Not ideal though :/

TrapperCreekD
February 26th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Hmm, is your hair long enough to make a top knot or baby cinnabun on top your head? You could try that and cover it with a sleep cap or silk scarf.

gthlvrmx
February 26th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Can you try a french braid? Or is your hair too short for that? You might only be able to get some parts of your hair into the braid if it's too short.

TaterTot
February 26th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Do you use a satin or silk pillow? That has made my hair get less spots.

endlessly
February 26th, 2015, 01:32 PM
I braid my hair at night and this has dramatically helped to prevent the same issue you seem to be having. With shorter hair, you can try a french braid, you'll get a lot of wave to your hair, but not the flat look.

Arctic
February 26th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Do you mean you have a cowlick at the crown or something else?

I have a strong cowlicks at the crown, and I have this same problem. When I sleep the cowicks "explode" and practically nothing apart from washing it again in the morning helps.

Sometimes I have had good luck with making a high bun or making a sort of zigzaggy/curvy french braid (hybrid between crown braid) that starts at the crown or goes over the crown. But these don't always help. One thing I noticed lately, when testing a product called hair powder, that it seemed to help my cowlicks/crown to stay looking nice the next day.

I usually have quite oily hair and scalp that likes frequent washing, so I most often just wash it in the morning. If I have washed in the evening and my bun/braid tactic has failed, I make an updo for the day (and/or try to style it with hair powder). My hair laughs at backcombing, so that doesn't help (and many LHCers would never do that anyways).

I see your hair is still pretty short. But try to do a mini bun at the crown with as much hair as reaches it, making sure the problem area is bunned. I did that when my hair was at a growing out pixie length, so it's possible to do at shorter length too.

Shibe
February 26th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Maybe try a more breathable pillow case, and lightly dampen your hair before bed?

divinedobbie
February 27th, 2015, 01:12 PM
I experience the same problem with you. Silk pillowcases don't help at all. Sometimes if I bun right on top of my head I can prevent it a little bit but it's usually still too bad to wear down the next day so I have to wear it up. You can try rewetting just the back problem area to readjust the hair in the morning. Dampening hair at night seems to make the problem even worse for me.

monaaa75
March 1st, 2015, 05:24 AM
thanks guys, I tried french braid and it worked. my hair were a bit wavy but with a little water and combing they went wack to straight and they looked fresh during second day. I also used cornstarch and it helped as well. thanks for ideas! ;)