PDA

View Full Version : miconazole nitrate in Germany?

Queentamora
February 26th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Does anyone know where I can find products containing miconazole nitrate in Germany? I have looked at the ingredient list of every drugstore fungal treatment I can get my hands on with no result.

It's for my boyfriend who is anxious about his thinning hair and has tried everything except good old vag cream. He's curious to say the least.

Anje
February 26th, 2015, 08:25 AM
I could be wrong, but if memory serves, it might be used as an athlete's foot (foot fungus) cure there if you can't find it for yeast infections.

He's tried Rogaine (minoxidil), right? My hubby has a slowly receding hairline and some thinness on top (no hairloss at the "bald spot" though) and got fairly dramatic results from it, even though it's not guaranteed for his form of hairloss.

Unofficial_Rose
February 26th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I could be wrong, but if memory serves, it might be used as an athlete's foot (foot fungus) cure there if you can't find it for yeast infections.

The athlete's foot cream is called daktarin and has 2% miconazole nitrate. It's available in the UK, so possibly you can get it in Germany?

I've used it on my scalp, it's fine.

lapushka
February 26th, 2015, 09:23 AM
I think gyno-daktarin (the vaginal cream) should normally be available in Germany. Why not just check with your pharmacist?