PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help

dellad
February 22nd, 2015, 09:48 PM
I always thought that I was 1b because my hair is almost straight after combing, but it looks much wavier before I comb. This is my hair washed and conditioned with sulphate free and cone free products, air dried, and with no other manipulation. What do you think?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16025&d=1424666739

neko_kawaii
February 22nd, 2015, 10:11 PM
Question, do you have shorter hairs at nape/temple and do they curl if separated from their longer neighbors while wet? I ask because your hair looks very similar to mine and if I remember correctly, those little curls are indicators of being in the 2s. What do I call myself. . . oh yes, 2a.

Your hair is lovely! And I'm sure the more knowledgeable hair typing peeps will be along soon.

dellad
February 22nd, 2015, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the fast response and compliment, neko_kawaii.

The shorter hairs at my temples do not form any S waves, nor are they perfectly stick straight. They form a very slight crescent shape, almost like they want to conform to the curve of my forehead. The bottom half of my hair tends to be more wavy than the top half and that has been true even at much shorter lengths.

Begemot
February 23rd, 2015, 01:04 AM
You definitely look like a wavy :) I would also say 2a, very pretty loose S-waves!

Arctic
February 23rd, 2015, 04:17 AM
I'm not good at typing hair anymore, but you are not 1 b for sure! You have very pretty wave pattern! And beautiful hair!

PS. If hairs form a crescend, they are not straight, but are forming a (body)wave.

lapushka
February 23rd, 2015, 05:28 AM
Looks about 2a to me too, esp. because it's so long (lovely) and the waves hang out some by that point.

DweamGoiL
February 23rd, 2015, 09:44 AM
2a vote here, too!

Ambrielle
February 23rd, 2015, 09:46 AM
I vote for 1c-2a and i am wondering if it would be wavier at a shorter length.

dellad
February 23rd, 2015, 11:50 AM
Thank you for the feedback, everyone.

Abrielle, I think my hair has actually gotten wavier as it got longer. If you look at just the hairs above waist, that's my hair looked like when it was shorter. For some reason the last foot and a half of my hair is more wavy than the rest. Maybe it's leftover bun waves from before my wash?

Does that make a difference in my type classification?