PDA

View Full Version : Nape microdermal/s

wilderwein
February 20th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Not sure if is the right place to ask, but I'm concidering since I'm wearing my hair up all the time to get a nape microdermal, but I read a lot that they all reject at this place. So Is there anyone here that has it? And if so what was the experience with it? Does hair catches a lot on it? Did you pulled it while brushing/combing etc?

laceyfairy
February 20th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Microdermals are not meant to be permanent and are all decently likely to reject. The back of the neck gets a lot of activity, especially with long hair, even if it worn up. That said, I do not have the piercing and am not a piercer. Good luck in any body mods!

Anje
February 20th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I've heard microdermals are usually pretty hit-or-miss, and it depends a LOT on the person. Some people heal these things better than others.

Maybe someone will see it here, but I'd suggest you also ask in the piercing thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141) we've got. It's a lower traffic area of the site, but people with holes in places other than their ears might be more likely to spot it.

pastina
February 20th, 2015, 10:58 AM
a friend of mine had three for a while, placed horizontally one on top of the other.

.____.
.____.
.____.

his biggest problem with them was due to collared shirts, and he ended up taking them out after a while.

wilderwein
February 20th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Thank you so much guys for the replies!!! You are awesome
I know it's not something permanent but I want at least to be the one which will decide when I'll get rid of them not the other way round hahahaha

Oh gosh Anjie thanks a bunch o.o I didn't knew the existance of that thread!!!

Pastina, do you know by a chanche how long he had them? Couse I've heard of people have them only some months and then reject and thats not what I want for sure

pastina
February 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM
i'll ask him for you and get back. i feel like it was at least a year.

wilderwein
February 20th, 2015, 11:37 AM
i'll ask him for you and get back. i feel like it was at least a year.

Thank you so so much!!!!

pastina
February 20th, 2015, 11:42 AM
so i was *way* off- he had them for over 2 years, almost three. he said that the bottom one was the one that gave him trouble, so he ended up taking that one out first, but the others stayed and he had no problem with them. he had them done in nyc by someone very experienced in microdermals.

numbernine
February 20th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I had 2 nape surface piercings
and they lasted 5 years before they had to come out because they started to migrate.
they did catch if you were not careful
I think microdermals tend to migrate more so it might be worth considering a surface piercing instead.

pastina
February 20th, 2015, 12:00 PM
ooooh nevermind, his were surface piercings. shows how much i know, lol.

wilderwein
February 20th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Ahahahaha no problem pastina! all expiriences are welcome!

Numbernine, I would originaly do that but becouse of work/studies/family issues I have to have as little visible jewlery as I can so I'm planning to get just one microdermal on my nape area, so I can easily hide it when its needed (job) and show it when i want too =/ Damn society! 5 years tho it's quite a lot! did they left a visible scar?

numbernine
February 21st, 2015, 12:12 PM
I have a small scar but its not very noticeable
I also have a genetic condition that make me scar more than most people
so its hard to tell what other peoples would be like.
but as with all piercings as soon as they start to move you need to take them out or you will get a scar.