PDA

View Full Version : how to keep hair out of my face argh...

butter52
February 20th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Hi nice people

So now that I got to collarbone lenght I can remember why I was so happy with a pixie.
My hair is all the time on my face, It is so annoying. I have thick wavy-curly hair with its own life and personality.

So other than puting it up, what are your tricks to no go crazy with hair in your face? any particular bang cut, hairstyles, accessories?

Aaroo
February 20th, 2015, 08:26 AM
I have a similar hair type and that is why I never imagine cutting it short. Our hair is at its worth when it is neither pixie nor long. I do not have a lot of good advice but I like to suggest you to be patient and do not let this tempt you in cutting again. It will soon be APL and then you will be much more comfortable. I also advise against bangs as they can be a very serious pain later on ;)

Arctic
February 20th, 2015, 08:27 AM
I like braiding the bangs area and sometimes side(s) with french or dutch braids. If you can't braid, french rope braid is super easy.

Vintage inspired styles are great too (for example: take a smallish bunch of hair from the side of your hair, twist it once, push a bit forward and pin with bobby pin, spread it a little with your fingers gently upwards. Repeat on the other side and possibly also with the "bangs" hair. Works best with a side part.).

If it's your style, cute pins and barettes could work too.

An pompadours, if they suit your face.

And headbands :D

ETA: Half ups too!

Arien
February 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Alice bands ftw :D. That and hair combs.

afinemess
February 20th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Bandanas are another good way to keep your hair pushed back but still keep it down. I like these (http://www.myheadcoverings.com/head-coverings/pc/catalog/colorful-paisley-headwrap-all-600.jpg) things too, they are really cute!

I have bangs that I'm debating on growing out, but when they really get on my nerves, I do a hairstyle where I make a side part, then take little sections of the bangs and twist them to the side, picking up more hair as I go along, until I have a twisted hair band across my head, then just pin in in place. It's pretty cute and keeps the hair under control. :)

spidermom
February 20th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Make little twists going back all around your face, pin them down with pretty clips or decorated bobby pins.

Anje
February 20th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Yep ^^^. Braids, twists, half-ups, headbands, etc.

I'll just wish you luck, though. My hair never quite learned that it's supposed to fall to the sides of my face instead of going forward. It requires containment!

endlessly
February 20th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Bobby pins. Since I gave myself bangs, bobby pins are my best friends. Otherwise, once your hair gets longer, you can look at various clips and sticks.

Nimia
February 20th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Another vote for decorative braids and twists around the face; my own favorite is three or four small lace braids. With the popularity of Game of Thrones, Vikings, The Hobbit, etc., you can at least feel on-trend with such creative use of the hair. I'm growing out bangs, and go absolutely mad anytime I try to leave them down. They immediately flop to the center of my face, ARGH!

butter52
February 20th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Need to learn to braid!
Thanks for all the ideas. My hair was tailbone and also a pain, short was the best ever but i got tired of it after 5 years. Good you give so many ideas.

Brading time tomorrow!!