PDA

View Full Version : I did it! I grew 1.6 inches of hair in a month

Fresco
February 20th, 2015, 04:22 AM
I'm so glad my hair grew this much in a month, I finally found out that I needed more protein, exercise, scalp massages and less washing, brushing and heat! Yay.
Thanks to this forum and your advice :-)

Now I'll trim my hair a cm so the ends get better.

Rebecka
February 20th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Congrats! I'm very jealous :P

Arien
February 20th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Ooo lucky you :). That is a lot of growth. Scalp massages really do help a lot towards growth. I tried the inversion method last month and my hair grew 3/4 of an inch extra. I am trying it again this month so we will see :). I'm glad you have found a routine that works for you!

monaaa75
February 20th, 2015, 04:43 AM
how often and for how long you massage your scalp? do you do it with your fingers and oil or how? thanks for info

wanaberapunzel
February 20th, 2015, 04:51 AM
That's amazing! how did you add more protein into your hair regime?

Cristina84
February 20th, 2015, 05:04 AM
I'm reading :D

lapushka
February 20th, 2015, 06:49 AM
I'll just keep it "normal" thankyouverymuch and be content with my half an inch a month, YMMV of course.

1.6 inches is a lot. Almost unbelievable. :)

diddiedaisy
February 20th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Wow, just wow!!!! That's nearly four months growth for me. My hair won't speed up whatever I try. Congratulations :)

Cristina84
February 20th, 2015, 07:00 AM
how do you increase protein?

Arctic
February 20th, 2015, 07:09 AM
I can't even imagine how a growth like that looks or feels like! I haven't measured in years, but when I did I got about 1 cm per month.

I just used an online converter, and you grew over 4 cm! Amazing!

Carolyn
February 20th, 2015, 07:18 AM
how do you increase protein?Eat more meat and dairy products.

Cristina84
February 20th, 2015, 07:28 AM
i thought you increase it in some particolar way :p

MINAKO
February 20th, 2015, 07:42 AM
hehehe, obsession and a measuring tape. i used to check way to often, because i thought, ok thats what people do. but honestly i stopped believing in it. i dont wanna be the party pooper, because in fact um happy for every bit of progresspeople on here make and how much we all care for our hair, its just that i often think theres a lot of wishful thinking going on when it comes to that.
hair grows on an average around 1cm a month, thats like 0.4 inches. of course some people grow faster, some people geow slower, "measuring" for times the growth or anything like that is something thats biologically not very likely to happen. a bit of scalp massaging and protein wont change that.
the problem is that once we believe it HAS to work this way, we get discouraged if the rate doesnt last on a larger scale, and i think therefore its better not get obsessed with these numbers. think about it, that means you subconciously expect to grow 20 inch in one year. then there come the supplements, because it works on instagram, so itmust work in real life too, and any other technique to magically make things happen faster. i see that ALL THE TIME, yet nobody makes it from shoulder to tailbone within a year, nobody.
the best advice i can give on this topic is just be good to your body and your hair, only measure twice a year if at all, be patient, resist anything that would cause damage. for me, thats the beauty to the process of growing it out. :flower:

Enrapture
February 20th, 2015, 08:03 AM
hehehe, obsession and a measuring tape. i used to check way to often, because i thought, ok thats what people do. but honestly i stopped believing in it. i dont wanna be the party pooper, because in fact um happy for every bit of progresspeople on here make and how much we all care for our hair, its just that i often think theres a lot of wishful thinking going on when it comes to that.
hair grows on an average around 1cm a month, thats like 0.4 inches. of course some people grow faster, some people geow slower, "measuring" for times the growth or anything like that is something thats biologically not very likely to happen. a bit of scalp massaging and protein wont change that.
the problem is that once we believe it HAS to work this way, we get discouraged if the rate doesnt last on a larger scale, and i think therefore its better not get obsessed with these numbers. think about it, that means you subconciously expect to grow 20 inch in one year. then there come the supplements, because it works on instagram, so itmust work in real life too, and any other technique to magically make things happen faster. i see that ALL THE TIME, yet nobody makes it from shoulder to tailbone within a year, nobody.
the best advice i can give on this topic is just be good to your body and your hair, only measure twice a year if at all, be patient, resist anything that would cause damage. for me, thats the beauty to the process of growing it out. :flower:

My hair doesn't grow too fast - usually 1,5 cm a month. One month when I went to hairdresser to trim my hair a little bit, it grew 2,5 cm and I was soo happy! I immediately started counting how much I will grow in a year, when I will reach it and so on. Well unfortunately, all of the following months my hair returned to 1,5 cm a month. I think there are months when the hair growth is increased, but it doesn't last long.

MINAKO
February 20th, 2015, 08:44 AM
My hair doesn't grow too fast - usually 1,5 cm a month. One month when I went to hairdresser to trim my hair a little bit, it grew 2,5 cm and I was soo happy! I immediately started counting how much I will grow in a year, when I will reach it and so on. Well unfortunately, all of the following months my hair returned to 1,5 cm a month. I think there are months when the hair growth is increased, but it doesn't last long.

if you ask me 1,5cm is an excellent rate. i have that in a good month, maybe 2 if im extremely lucky (or dont find the exact point on my hairline from where i measured thelast time ;) lol) i always notice the difference when reading the stats from people who are used to metrics and find these much more realistic when it comes to the question of how much is actually considered fast.
that being said, i think we can appreciate a growth spurt, but in fact dont have alot of influence on it. if a person is healthy there is no magic trick to encourage growth on a measurable scale.

lapushka
February 20th, 2015, 08:53 AM

Well said! :)

1,5 cm a month is fast. It's normal hair growth. I mean, what do you expect? Magic to happen. The people who can grow faster are a vast minority, I'm sure. I also grow that much and I'm happy with it. It takes patience and time, most people aren't willing to face that, and that's too bad.

Fresco
February 20th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Well, I didn't add protein to hair treatments, I just got more of it in my diet! I'm trying a new workout routine to get fit and I work out for two to three times a week since this last month, so that's why I tried getting more protein to my diet. I think the change in diet and more exercise is the main reason my hair grew so much. I'm glad :-)

People here told me to stop using heat, so I did completely. Before I washed my hair I combed it, I put castor oil mixed with argan oil on my scalp and left it there for half an hour.. then I conditioner-wash-conditionered my hair, and when I was finished I squeezed it once with a towel. After that I let it dry and when it was nearly completely dry I put some aloe vera gel in all of my hair (roots to ends) and a bit of argan oil in the ends. I read something about aloe vera being ph-neutral for your hair, and that it would therefore close the cuticle and not be so dry - it worked for me, I guess. It's also supposed to regulate the sebum on your scalp.. it got a little bit less oily and I went four days instead of three days without washing my hair. I just kept putting aloe vera in my hair every day when it was too dry or frizzy, it doesn't build up or get greasy at all.

Before this month I got my hair cut way too short for my liking, but I think all the dry ends were gone so there weren't any dry ends to break anymore.

I massaged my hair every day before I went to bed for a minute or two (without oil).

So I hope I helped someone with this, you certainly did help me :D

Fresco
February 20th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Of course, it could also be that my hair stopped breaking and that it actually has always been growing fast. I had issues with breakage before, one inch pieces would fly around every time I brushed my hair.. so I'm not sure if the routine stopped the breakage or stimulated growth. Oh well :)

lapushka
February 20th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Well, Fresco, time will tell. You generally have to look at it the entire year. That means monitor your growth for the year. Not just for one month. Who knows, it might have been a fluke. Or if you're lucky, it persists. And however you go about it, less breakage or more growth. Both are good!

MINAKO
February 20th, 2015, 02:37 PM
whatever works for you continue to do so. i just wanted to trow something in because especially new members often set their expectations to high and then become discouraged halfway along the journey. a change in diet is likely to affect hair after continuing for a few months, so keep at it, try a few treatment techniques and dont whip out the measuring tape too much. also avoid getting bored by learning how to put your hair up, buns arefun for mostofus and help to protect the ends, in the ideal case they will just not split at all. no trims wills definitely give you the fastest growth possible.