PDA

View Full Version : THINGS THAT WORK - instantly

monaaa75
February 18th, 2015, 11:29 AM
for hair loss - kalonji (black seed) oil - 2 uses and my (pretty bad) hair loss stopped completely

if you cannot use shampoo bar bcz your hair become completely "glued" and unmanagable - water mixed with baking soda + shampooing twice.
Make your hair wet with water with baking soda/wash with shampoo bar/again water+soda/shampoo bar again ->> rinse with normal water.

MINAKO
February 18th, 2015, 11:58 AM
for dry hair - pure silk protein mixed with my favorite leave in

for frizzy hair - keratin treatments

for fairy knots - scissors, lol

for tangly ends - purified snail mucus (i just discovered this because im using it on my face and noticed the slipperyness is beyond awesome, so in case i have a really bad snarl i put a few drps directly on it and it comes out quite easy, im tempted to order a big jar and use it instead of aloe)

of course there are mayn other things that helped improve my hair with time

woodswanderer
February 18th, 2015, 12:05 PM

for tangly ends - purified snail mucus (i just discovered this because im using it on my face and noticed the slipperyness is beyond awesome, so in case i have a really bad snarl i put a few drps directly on it and it comes out quite easy, im tempted to order a big jar and use it instead of aloe)

Ok...mind blown here! :thud: I did not know that one could purchase that. Not for me, but interesting!

Calypso
February 18th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Purified snail mucus has got to be the most disgusting sounding thing in the world. :P Where on earth do you get it from? Does it feel slimy on your skin and hair, or does it soak in quite well?

Anje
February 18th, 2015, 12:21 PM

Your hair is clearly different from mine. Put silk protein into my hair products, and I get tangles from hell.

missblueeyes
February 18th, 2015, 01:50 PM

Oh, I know EXACTLY where this comes from. :P Korean skincare and their snail extract... If I had ordered something by Mizon this time around, I would have tried putting it on my hair for sure.

chen bao jun
February 18th, 2015, 02:25 PM
If people eat escargots, why not.
It's not snail snot, its what they use to walk with, or rather slide along with and its a natural product. They would have to find some other name to market it with, though, clearly for it to catch on in America.

Winter Fox
February 18th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Thanks to this thread, I know what I'll do with my Benton snail cream and essence :P (my skin breaks out from those)

MINAKO
February 18th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Oh, I know EXACTLY where this comes from. :P Korean skincare and their snail extract... If I had ordered something by Mizon this time around, I would have tried putting it on my hair for sure.

yeah, i have the mizon one in the dropper bottle, its pretty high in the snail mucus content, like 85% or something but too expensive to use on hair all the time. i think skinfood is selling the big pot at an affordable price tho. its much like aloe on the skin, just more intense, so why wouldnt it be good for hair also, haha.

luvlonghair75
February 18th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I saw a Daily Planet show the other day where a girl went to a spa to get the snail slime treatment on her face!! She had about 5 snails trailing around! Ewww! I think given the option of that slime either on your face or hair, I'd go with the hair if it'll help! lol

Stormynights
February 18th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Maybe I should start a slug farm.

MINAKO
February 18th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Purified snail mucus has got to be the most disgusting sounding thing in the world. :P Where on earth do you get it from? Does it feel slimy on your skin and hair, or does it soak in quite well?

i use it only on damp hair when i have bad knot, it softens instantly and makes then easier to undo, its pretty much the same gel like consistency that you feel when a snail crawls over your hand. its very common in korean products and one of the best moisturizers i have found. of course its possible that any other ingredient in the product can still cause irritation to the skin, but that goes for any skincare.
of course i could use oil, but it seems to just make my hands more slippery and doesnt really loosen the knot, also i leaves at least one strand completely oily while water based stuff just absorbs/evaporates.

swearnsue
February 18th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I think snails are cute and have been raising them in my pond. Most get eaten by the Koi and turtle though.

hennalonghair
February 18th, 2015, 06:44 PM
If people eat escargots, why not.
It's not snail snot, its what they use to walk with, or rather slide along with and its a natural product. They would have to find some other name to market it with, though, clearly for it to catch on in America.

Hahahaha!!! It's not snail snot!!! LOL ! :rollin:
It's not for me either but this was definitely worth reading
Only you Chen. :lol:

hennalonghair
February 18th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Maybe I should start a slug farm.:google::ponder:
Oh GAWD that was killer funny Stormycakes. :bounce:

chen bao jun
February 18th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Glad to amuse, hennalonghair. ;)

Instant fixes, cold water/vinegar rinse--instantly makes my hair smooth and soft, even though its coarse hair.
Rinsing with aloe vera juice does the same thing.
when I want to be curly, leaving in flax seed gel is the best curl promoter I know--and absolutely no frizz!

DreamSheep
February 18th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Hahahaha!!! It's not snail snot!!! LOL ! :rollin:
It's not for me either but this was definitely worth reading
Only you Chen. :lol:

Teehee!
Now I'm imagining a snail with a cold blowing its nose.
And a beautician of sorts chasing after its hanky... :p

lapushka
February 19th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Hmm we kill the snails in our garden with snail huts and some beer. We're overcrowded with them. I might start thinking of them differently now. ;)

Springs10808
February 26th, 2015, 01:02 AM
How does one purify snail mucus, I wonder lol

MsVenus
February 26th, 2015, 01:27 AM
are there any other snail slime products? I have seen the conditioner snail snot (HALKA BABA de CARACOL Intensive Treatment )
. Just to verify, that won't work?

Rosetta
February 26th, 2015, 02:09 AM
About the only thing that works INSTANTLY for me are cones (in conditioner or ends serum)... Instant silkiness and shine. <3

(And, well, in a different way, colour removers - instant blonde without damage ;) Not that I like to keep my hair blonde, but the transformation is great & interesting.)

Interesting discussion about snail slime ;) I once used a sample face cream with it, but didn't like it...

Luminaria
February 26th, 2015, 03:33 AM
A Vinegar rinse is probably the best detangler/shine enhancer out there. Not only is it easy to find and use, you get results when you want them. Talk about a multipurpose product...

Lady melissa
February 26th, 2015, 06:01 AM
here in Belgium you can just buy skin cream based on snail extract or something....not strange anymore to see this in your local drug store

Auni
February 26th, 2015, 10:28 AM
For me, usually, it's coconut oil, pre then post wash. In the deep throws of the northern winter though, it's cones!

Colochita
February 26th, 2015, 12:37 PM
For hair that's slipped to the high porosity side - A cool Apple Cider Vinegar rinse
For instant baby curls (giving myself curl definition) - Cold Aloe Vera gel
For dryness - A quick steam with a handheld steamer

lapushka
February 26th, 2015, 12:38 PM
For SD: Nizoral. Hands down *the* best thing ever for flare-ups.

hidetheice
February 26th, 2015, 12:45 PM
For hair that's slipped to the high porosity side - A cool Apple Cider Vinegar rinse
For instant baby curls (giving myself curl definition) - Cold Aloe Vera gel
For dryness - A quick steam with a handheld steamer

Oo i just bought a handheld steamer. I'm definitely going to have to try that out!!

jenrjen
February 26th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Silk sleep cap! Cuts the morning tangles down to just about zero. Also means I don't have to bun my hair for sleep which is good because that sometimes gives me wicked headaches.

(There is the additional, INSTANT benefit of the cap killing any amorous advances if you aren't feeling up to it...) :p

Colochita
February 26th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Oo i just bought a handheld steamer. I'm definitely going to have to try that out!!

I'm sure you'll love it. :) Mine is a godsend.

Shepherdess
February 26th, 2015, 01:24 PM
for hair loss - kalonji (black seed) oil - 2 uses and my (pretty bad) hair loss stopped completely.

How do you use the black seed oil?

butterfly_dream
February 26th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Distilled water - against mineral build.
When my hair feels dry and crunchy, I put last 6-12 inches in a bowl with distilled water for 5 minutes, and then I just let them dry. The crispy ends soften instantly.

kidari
February 26th, 2015, 04:45 PM
How do you use the black seed oil?

Here is a helpful video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBwe3WOw3I

All I can think of that works instantly is: you have dirty hair? wash it! instantly clean! lol Or... is your hair tangled? detangle it! instantly detangled haha. Sorry, it's probably not funny to anyone but me right now.

Shepherdess
February 26th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Here is a helpful video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBwe3WOw3I
Oh, helpful video. I suppose it's basically the same as applying other oils. Thanks. :D

My mom uses black seed oil like a supplement and takes a teaspoon a day.

kidari
February 26th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Oh, helpful video. I suppose it's basically the same as applying other oils. Thanks. :D

My mom uses black seed oil like a supplement and takes a teaspoon a day.

No problem! I just thought it was interesting about the warning not to use it more than 20 days or not using it if you are pregnant. It's easy to forget about that stuff sometimes as these things apply to a lot of things, even essential oils.